Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Giles

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Bagged 11 assists though and if you look at this alone he could easily have had double that lol 

Some of the finishing and first touches here are shocking. Looks he should have had another 50 assists.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah they were after him last summer apparently

Cresswell to Wolves

Giles to us

Thomas to West Ham

I think we would actually come out the best of that as well lol

Should get decent money for Thomas as well English U-21 international

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m confused what Maresca is looking for in his wide players…. Do we want wingers or wing backs?

I think we want wing backs and (gender)fluid forwards, players in the ilk of Son 

Edited by lanefox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Either this signing would mean a change in system to what we're expecting or Giles won't compete with those others for a place, he'll literally be playing on the left wing. I don't have a problem with that as long as we sign a left footed right winger who will be more of a goal threat. I actually think it's quite beneficial to have two wingers of the same footedness, don't think having a slight asymmetrical approach is all that terrible, having one wide player more comfortable setting them up and another finishing them isn't an issue. Especially given we're likely to have Vardy and Daka down the middle. Not everyone can be looking to score, there's got to be creators.

So the team is starting to take shape isn't it. 

Something like:

image.png.372f036ad3ce5d366eeebb8425418943.png

This is my exact FM logic. Every winger of mine is left footed. I knew this wasn't mental!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m confused what Maresca is looking for in his wide players…. Do we want wingers or wing backs?

Goal contributions by the looks of things… I guess it’s handy having some1 capable of getting double figures whilst also being able to defend being versatile enough to operate as both

Edited by dbtcity

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't help but ask the question, why are Wolves willing to sell him for just £5m? Seems too good to be true. We'll offer them £15m

Wolves are looking like an increasingly stupid club. They've sold Collins to Brentford, Doherty brought back (he's been pretty bad basically anywhere outside of Nunoball), Aaron Cresswell linked too. I think Lopetegui is only going to play a back four which probably rules Giles out.

Something really whiffy about them. I think they might well drop.

Edited by Dan LCFC

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Bin off two decent youngsters for a 33 year old Cresswell?

Sounds like something we would do lol

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wolves are looking like an increasingly stupid club. They've sold Collins to Brentford, Doherty brought back (he's been pretty bad basically anywhere outside of Nunoball), Aaron Cresswell linked too. I think Lopetegui is only going to play a back four which probably rules Giles out.

It’s very Leicester last summer. Their fans are fearing similar. They’ve sold leadership and had a manager kick off about signings. 

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Definitely the value bet this season. Everything smells wrong.

I find it incredible that James Justin hasn’t found his way back on the Guaranteed list of starting players.

absolute shoe in before his injury, if he finds his form before, then he should find his way back, but I can’t see him staying here without guaranteed minutes.

Edited by LCFCbwoi

38 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Is he any better than Thomas though? (Genuine question btw)

I personally think Luke could be outstanding in the Championship.

Where does Thomas fit in though? 

I don't think Giles will be LB, I think he'll be used more as a defensive winger which doesn't suit Thomas as he's not good enough going forward. 

It seems Enzo wants our LB tucking in to LCB which doesn't suit Thomas either and I think VK is slightly more suited to converting to that with slightly better defensive positioning but he'll likely be backup to Doyle in that position. 

Giles gives more flexibility to what we want to do than Thomas does IMO. 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If the Northampton game is going to be a true reflection of his vision then he's going to copy what Pep landed on last year. 

Which is that it's better to let your defenders stay back and your midfielders get forward. Our widest players will be our wingers. 

Our of possession in a block we'll have a back four, Doyle on the left, Ricardo on the right. In possession and in transition it'll be like a 3 with Doyle coming narrow and Ricardo joining the midfield alongside Winks. 

Giles will be a winger/mirror of Ricardo possible. Versatile.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Is he any better than Thomas though? (Genuine question btw)

I personally think Luke could be outstanding in the Championship.

Yes he is IMO. He seems to have an end product, he's also direct, and seems to have a bit of pace.

Luke seems a great lad, but his positional sense is lacking if we are being honest, and in the Championship I think he will get bullied.

Our game against Northampton showed the willingness of more players getting into the box, and as per the YouTube footage, Giles does seem to like popping the crosses in the box. Vardy in the games he does actually play would have a field day with that service to latch onto and also to run on past to receive a through ball

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If the Northampton game is going to be a true reflection of his vision then he's going to copy what Pep landed on last year. 

Which is that it's better to let your defenders stay back and your midfielders get forward. Our widest players will be our wingers. 

Our of possession in a block we'll have a back four, Doyle on the left, Ricardo on the right. In possession and in transition it'll be like a 3 with Doyle coming narrow and Ricardo joining the midfield alongside Winks. 

Giles will be a winger/mirror of Ricardo possible. Versatile.

See I agree with you, hence why I find Giles a weird one. I really rate the lad, just thought we would be more interested in a different style of winger, so finding this strange.