Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Giles

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

"ITK" is no different to a journalist. It's just someone with a source. 

Sambiasso isn't Enzo Maresca, Bert wasn't Nigel Pearson. Someone's just told them something through the grapevine. 

Even professional journalists with strong sources get them wrong. In the same post that Percy said we were after Winks and Coady he said the goalkeeper we were signing was Steffen. Maybe he heard wrong, maybe the transfer just changed, that happens in football. 

Sambiasso has a better success rate this summer so far than all the other rubbish source people keep posting and reacting too like Nixon and Jacobs. 

least he doesnt get his insider stuff from the KFC drive thru like one ITK:ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Reading some of the replies on here makes me realise that some people spend their entire day wanking and being keyboard warriors 

Blimey there must be some forensically interesting keyboards in Leicestershire…..

• Haha 1

If indeed he is going Luton then I’d question whether we were actually in for him and made a bid. 

This will have nothing to do with Thomas signing an extension or not, Giles was being looked at primarily as a LW. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

How come?

He turns 24 this season and has not yet played more than one campaign for one club.

Signing for Luton, let’s face it, he’ll be back in the championship by 2024 and likely looking for a move. Whereas with us, in my opinion, it would be a better more stable career move with a stronger chance of a long term Premier League future. 

Plus we are a huge club compared to Luton and will still be able to offer him better wages despite this relegation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

He turns 24 this season and has not yet played more than one campaign for one club.

Signing for Luton, let’s face it, he’ll be back in the championship by 2024 and likely looking for a move. Whereas with us, in my opinion, it would be a better more stable career move with a stronger chance of a long term Premier League future. 

Plus we are a huge club compared to Luton and will still be able to offer him better wages despite this relegation. 

But it’s still a season in the PL, and he’ll back himself to do well enough to earn a move in the event of Luton being relegated.  He probably feels he’s spent enough time in the Championship. And there is no guarantee of promotion here.

48 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

But it’s still a season in the PL, and he’ll back himself to do well enough to earn a move in the event of Luton being relegated.  He probably feels he’s spent enough time in the Championship. And there is no guarantee of promotion here.

The thing is, and I know I'm incredibly biased here, but the vast majority of football fans will look at Luton and look at us and all agree on who's more likely to be playing in the premier League after this season.

The wages he's likely to be offered at Luton will be similar to what they are here so he has (if we are in for him) a decision to make. 

Play a season in the premier league, likely spend most of the time in defence, in a solid bank of 4 or 5, without the ball, holding your lines, sticking by your man and look to break quickly.

Or

Play a season in the championship, more likely to be attacking, with the ball and look to dominate teams.

All of that, of course, is full of ifs and buts, Luton could surprise everyone, we could struggle and be looking for a new manager by Christmas, but if you're looking at the choice right now, and as I said it's very biased, but I know which choice I'd prefer 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

That's a shame, but the reality is we can't really compete if a player wants Premier League football. Move on swiftly, onto the next target. 

Exactly. Let’s move on. A lot of energy being spent here on a Luton Town fullback. 

17 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Risky move sure, but I wouldn’t write Luton off. Funny old game. 

They will do a Blackpool. Start modestly, and then just slide. They will comfortably finish bottom. The premier league is as poor as it’s been for a long time this season. Any team from 12th down could be in the championship in my opinion. 

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The thing is, and I know I'm incredibly biased here, but the vast majority of football fans will look at Luton and look at us and all agree on who's more likely to be playing in the premier League after this season.

The wages he's likely to be offered at Luton will be similar to what they are here so he has (if we are in for him) a decision to make. 

Play a season in the premier league, likely spend most of the time in defence, in a solid bank of 4 or 5, without the ball, holding your lines, sticking by your man and look to break quickly.

Or

Play a season in the championship, more likely to be attacking, with the ball and look to dominate teams.

All of that, of course, is full of ifs and buts, Luton could surprise everyone, we could struggle and be looking for a new manager by Christmas, but if you're looking at the choice right now, and as I said it's very biased, but I know which choice I'd prefer 

I guess it’s ultimately down to the mentality of the player.  The short term view of getting to the PL now, or the longer term view that it’s likely to be a longer stay if Leicester go back up.  I’d guess that most would take the short term view, especially if they had spent their career in the EFL, but each individual will be different.  There will also be a bit of ego involved with players thinking they can make a difference and help their team avoid relegation.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

If indeed he is going Luton then I’d question whether we were actually in for him and made a bid. 

This will have nothing to do with Thomas signing an extension or not, Giles was being looked at primarily as a LW. 

Yeah, that's what i speculated - for 5M, if we'd been interested, i'm sure it'd have been done weeks ago....  either that or he made it clear he wants to stay in the PL?