Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Giles

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

hook line and sinker @Sambiasso has took us for a ride 🤣

This place never learns. They're quick to make fun of accounts like Josh Wilson last summer or the jeevan fella this time around, but whenever someone sings sweet melodies to them on here, they all just lap it up.

We will still have a decent chance of signing someone who is garnering interest from Prem sides that are percieved to be among favourites for the drop as we're favourites for promotion. Unless of course those sides are taking the piss with their wage offers. In which case we don't want to compete with that.

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

This place never learns. They're quick to make fun of accounts like Josh Wilson last summer or the jeevan fella this time around, but whenever someone sings sweet melodies to them on here, they all just lap it up.

Or alternatively, as with any complex negotiation, the outcome is prone to change

• Like 3

I used to hear stuff about incomings all the time, but I'd never say it on here not since Mark Davies was 100% nailed on to make his loan move permanent, everyone at the club was just waiting for him to sign the contract, and he then pitched up at Bolton and word was that absolutely everyone at the club had no idea lol

But that's how quickly things in football as especially transfers can change. Giles could have been due for a medical, contracts drawn up etc and then a bid comes in from someone else that turns his head. It is what it is. I take into from ITKs with a pinch of salt but I will neither 100% believe them or dismiss everything they say. They could be telling you everything they know, doesn't mean if it falls through they're telling lies 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Things change quickly in football, I thought that most knew that

I’ve done a medical fitness test on a player in the morning who was then driving 5 minutes from the club in the afternoon to meet the media team at a local park where he was having his photos done.

Player left the training ground with his agent and was a no show at the park lol signed for another club a few days later.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

And as sambiasso will explain - things change 

we may have decided to go for a different player or perhaps a player we expected to sell is now likely to stay 

or Giles may well join us within the next fortnight 

• Like 2

Given we've just about to sign a first choice left winger and we don't currently look like we're lining up with a conventional left back, this is hardly gutting. 

He'd have been a good option for cheap but I doubt he'd get in the team much with Mavididi and Doyle already in. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I see the crowd for Sambiasso are out with their pitchforks. Good job is not the Wild West or Medieval times. They’ll be burning him out the attic soon. 

Had to re read that one a few times.

• Haha 2

There was a poster called knowitall who was pretty reliable years ago.

I’m sure he ended up leaving due to abuse after getting one wrong, but I may have misremembered that!

Must happen all the time though. Deals get close then never materialise. People change their minds at the last minute pretty often in football you’d think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Hopefully the penny drops with some of our fans. We are a championship club. 

With the greatest if respect if the fans not getting this yet are late teens/early twenties then it'll take a little more time to sink in and that's understandable. It did with me a bit in my early twenties after witnessing the O'Neil years and football has changed so much since then. 

I honestly can't fathom why someone who gets inside info would even think about posting it on here. 

It doesn't matter how often you get it right, the one you get wrong will be enough for people to come after you and for what? That small percentage of people who are greatful that you are risking the trust of your contact who gives you this info and potentially that persons job. 

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

There was a poster called knowitall who was pretty reliable years ago.

I’m sure he ended up leaving due to abuse after getting one wrong, but I may have misremembered that!

Must happen all the time though. Deals get close then never materialise. People change their minds at the last minute pretty often in football you’d think.

I think the most public case of this happening was when cutis Davies messaged that he was on his way to join the Sven revolution, he was in his car on the motorway. A couple of hours later he’d signed for birmingham.

People who get angered enough to post hate about someone giving info out whether they’re bullshitting or not is pretty daft really and probably a sign that they’re the ones taking it too seriously.