Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Transfers - outgoing players; incoming funds for bringing players in.

I may be wrong but my estimate of funds generated by sales as of today is: NIL!

Is nobody gonna pay money for any of our players?  or has Rodgers rendered them all useless and unsaleable?

Edited by SuperMike
Awful keyboard skills

30 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I may be wrong but my estimate of funds generated by sales as of today is: NIL!

Is nobody gonna pay money for any of our players?  or has Rodgers rendered them all useless and unsaleable?

Early days, fooball holiday season, Prem teams are looking at picking us off for bargains at present, I don't think we're going to give our players away, although at some point, we may start offering them out

• Like 1

Be patient, football transfers are not like jumping on Amazon and buying a new yoga mat.

There is a lot of negotiating to happen, with one side wanting to get as much as possible for their player and the other side looking to pay as little as possible, thus ensuing a long game of who will crack first. We will be looking to bluff and say to big Premier League teams we don’t really need the money and we will not be giving players away below their value.

What is clear so far is we have 4 or 5 players that other clubs want - Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, Iheanacho and possibly Justin and Ndidi. 
The rest, Praet, Vestergaard, Ward etc whom we might like off the wage bill, we will have to wait until late in the window and hope someone makes a panic buy.

This is where we may need to make the most of the loan market to bring in early in the window - IMO we have the best manager possible to know who the right young players to bring in once the squad has been assessed.

I dares say it'll be next week as contracts expire or wages go down from saturday, players coming back from holidays, agents realising that they need to pay for their fourth divorce and need money asap etc. 

• Like 3

On 25/06/2023 at 08:32, Sir Shep said:

I dares say it'll be next week as contracts expire or wages go down from saturday, players coming back from holidays, agents realising that they need to pay for their fourth divorce and need money asap etc. 

Just 2 days later and it looks like Maddison will be gone soon and 4 strong links to players coming in - Steffen, Coady, Awe, Winks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...