Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

If that is true then why the fvck aren’t we all over him. Absolute bargain for a player who knows the back of the net at this level.

Because we've got 3 strikers on our books already, none of which we seem to be able to shift?

• Like 1

Tbh without selling Nacho this doesn’t make sense for us anyway. Still think Daka will go, but would either Nacho or Piroe be happy as backup to the other in this league? I doubt it. 

Realistically any striker we bring in is going to be rotating at best if we keep Nacho and Vardy. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

I'm preparing for the collective meltdown that will ensue but I'm honestly not arsed about losing out on him.

Judging by our first games it's not exactly the lack of quality in the striker department that's letting us down but moreso our midfielders and wingers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

If that is true then why the fvck aren’t we all over him. Absolute bargain for a player who knows the back of the net at this level.

I hope we are ! EM should be chewing rudkins ear right now (not literally) this is the signing that could make us ! 

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Because we've got 3 strikers on our books already, none of which we seem to be able to shift?

Exactly. Swansea can’t wait around all window for us to get our house in order, they need time themselves to get a replacement 

Whilst I don't think this will affect us greatly on the pitch, I worry about the off the pitch impact if this was Enzo's main target.

Only 19 of Burnleys goals came from a striker last season, 40+ were from wingers/attackers and I think we will be very similar. 

Personal preference now would be to sell Nacho or Daka and get a prospect striker in on loan or perm... reinvesting the cash into the wingers we've been linked to.

• Like 1

He wouldve been quite an exciting signing but we do have Kel, Daka and Vardy - I dont think there is a club in this league who would turn down choice of those 3. If it means we can get one or two decent wingers and (for me!) a centre back instead, I'll be happy. I hope it means we also keep Kel. 

12m! Good business by Leeds.

3 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Remember the reason why we can’t buy him! We have the 3  highest paid strikers in the division!

Let that sink in! 😀

Don't even start. Makes me sick.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, moore_94 said:

This will be annoying to miss out on IF we do lose Iheanacho

If he stays then I am not fussed about missing out on Piroe

If Daka leaves then we should be going for someone a bit younger that is happy to fight with Vardy for 2nd choice rather than expecting to be starting like Piroe would

Same, if we lose Kel this will be a massive shitter but if we keep Kel, I won't be shedding any tears.

• Like 1

Realistically I would defo get rid of vardy, daka and kel if he wouldn’t sign a new contract. I think they will be our strikers this year, don’t worry,  only about 220k a week. Shows how wrong we have got it for a number of years in the striker department. The prolonged success of vardy and giving the wrong player context extension has made is get it all horribly wrong. If we could have shifted a couple out, I think Piroe would have been good. They this is nothing but finances imo 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This will be annoying to miss out on IF we do lose Iheanacho

If he stays then I am not fussed about missing out on Piroe

If Daka leaves then we should be going for someone a bit younger that is happy to fight with Vardy for 2nd choice rather than expecting to be starting like Piroe would

Stay and sign or just stay for year. If he doesn’t sign a new contract he 100% needs to go. 

• Like 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

This is the stupidity of not signing lookman again. We should let Vardy go for a free, and sold daka at a cut price, tried to get nacho on a years extension and signed piroe 

You make it sound so easy...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

This is the stupidity of not signing lookman again. We should let Vardy go for a free, and sold daka at a cut price, tried to get nacho on a years extension and signed piroe 

That to me sounds like good housekeeping. 

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Guess we're going to have to keep Nacho now if our #1 replacement has gone elsewhere.

Not the end of the world as Nacho is a good player - It's just so galling to keep losing players on a free as he's clearly not signing an extension regardless.

"clearly" ???

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

Kinell the meltdown on here is insane.

Piroe goes elsewhere so Kel stays.

If Kel goes as well, we surely have other targets.

We've signed six players. We're a few months into Enzo's time here. There are plenty more signings to be made this season, perhaps some in this window, perhaps some in January.

Chill, it's one player. However highly Enzo rated him or however badly he wanted him, Maresca would be an absolute simpleton to walk away under these circumstances, unless he fancies being a number 2 forever.

Whatever happens, there's plenty to be excited about and another week or so until deadline day with things potentially ramping up between now and then.

• Like 1