Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

42 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Is he good enough for League Two though? 😂 

Hopefully Reynolds has had a few of his own Gins before he signs this one off. 

Foster just retired because he conceded 5. That's the only thing. Imagine if it did happen and he concedes 4 or 5 on his first game which they have been. Everything has an opposite, he managed last season to find the opposite to the Schmeichel starfish and somehow retreat into his own body. 

Edited by desertfox2

4 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I mean, he's a Welsh International and has quite a bit of playing time in the Premier League. He's obviously surplus to requirements at Leicester. This would actually make a lot of sense for Wrexham to go out and get him. 

Apart from getting us relegated, didn't his game time lead him to become Wales' second choice behind Forest's 3rd?

I honestly think Reynolds would rather put himself in goal than sign Ward.

• Like 1

Ward to Wrexham would make so much sense! Come on Ryan and Rob!

It’d be a good move for all parties. If you take the blinkered views away, of course he is good enough for League 2 and league 1 if they went up. He isn’t the level we are or were at and things would never work for him again with us but a fresh start would be good for him.

Depends if he actually wants to play!

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ward to Wrexham would make so much sense! Come on Ryan and Rob!

It’d be a good move for all parties. If you take the blinkered views away, of course he is good enough for League 2 and league 1 if they went up. He isn’t the level we are or were at and things would never work for him again with us but a fresh start would be good for him.

Depends if he actually wants to play!

If he doesn’t want to leave and play, you can’t blame him. We were naive to sign him and pay him an inflated wage. 

He’ll never get a gig as a first team Goalkeeper in the top two leagues again though. A loan is most likely what he’s looking for. A loan to Wrexham would make sense, as they’ll cover his wages. 

43 minutes ago, Sly said:

If he doesn’t want to leave and play, you can’t blame him. We were naive to sign him and pay him an inflated wage. 

He’ll never get a gig as a first team Goalkeeper in the top two leagues again though. A loan is most likely what he’s looking for. A loan to Wrexham would make sense, as they’ll cover his wages. 

Why say this with so much conviction? 

If we look past one poor season in a severely underperforming side, he's had a solid career. Any suitors will do the same.

Issue would be his wages and whether he can pick himself up after a bad spell.

3 minutes ago, shen said:

If we look past one poor season in a severely underperforming side, he's had a solid career. Any suitors will do the same.

I wouldn't say 130 games in 13 years, (47 of which are for us) a solid career to be fair

6 minutes ago, shen said:

Just turned 30 and has only only managed to play 1 actual full season in his entire career so far

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Staff said:

I wouldn't say 130 games in 13 years, (47 of which are for us) a solid career to be fair

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just turned 30 and has only only managed to play 1 actual full season in his entire career so far

Guys, you might be proven right, but all I'm saying is that he's spent nearly all his career playing for sides in the top two divisions. He's still been playing regularly for Wales despite his lack of playing time at club level. Again - taking last season aside for a moment - I don't see much evidence of him not landing a gig as backup keeper in the top two leagues.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Guys, you might be proven right, but all I'm saying is that he's spent nearly all his career playing for sides in the top two divisions. He's still been playing regularly for Wales despite his lack of playing time at club level. Again - taking last season aside for a moment - I don't see much evidence of him not landing a gig as backup keeper in the top two leagues.

if he wants to continue playing for Wales he needs either a starting role in the top two leagues, or back-up with rotation games in the PL. And to get either, he'll need to accept (or be persuaded to accept) a massive pay cut.

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

if he wants to continue playing for Wales he needs either a starting role in the top two leagues, or back-up with rotation games in the PL. And to get either, he'll need to accept (or be persuaded to accept) a massive pay cut.

Wages are likely a stumbling block unless it's a PL club, yes. Anyway, there have been no links and frankly, Wrexham seems the most likely source for a link at this point.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m not entirely convinced he couldn’t do a job at Championship level for a side perhaps not chasing the title/promotion if he built his confidence back up. 

Im not sure what wages he is on but I wouldn’t expect Wrexham would cover the lot?

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m not entirely convinced he couldn’t do a job at Championship level for a side perhaps not chasing the title/promotion if he built his confidence back up. 

Im not sure what wages he is on but I wouldn’t expect Wrexham would cover the lot?

I'd accept a national League club  paying him 400 quid a week, basically 1% of his wage, and we pay the remaining 99% of his wage. 

I really really want him to find a club tho.  I don't think he will, mind. Any manager would be borderline insane to take him on. But I'm hoping someone might. I want to see him play. I wanna see his level. 

I think at collecting corners and crosses he's actually pretty decent, even at PL level. Kicking he's ok and a very decent professional standard. Actual goalkeeping (shot stopping, positional sense reading of game) the worst I've ever seen who's paid to do it. He's senior League level

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'd accept a national League club  paying him 400 quid a week, basically 1% of his wage, and we pay the remaining 99% of his wage. 

I really really want him to find a club tho.  I don't think he will, mind. Any manager would be borderline insane to take him on. But I'm hoping someone might. I want to see him play. I wanna see his level. 

I think at collecting corners and crosses he's actually pretty decent, even at PL level. Kicking he's ok and a very decent professional standard. Actual goalkeeping (shot stopping, positional sense reading of game) the worst I've ever seen who's paid to do it. He's senior League level

I agree with a lot of what you say. I just wonder whether those traits you have pulled as worst you’ve seen have seen were affected by mental traits such as confidence. 

For example, he has always been very good at saving penalties. For Huddersfield, for us in a couple of shoots outs and even in that abomination of a game away at Southampton, he saved one and then conceded from open play shortly later. Penalty saving in a way is the ultimate form of shot stopping. You also get time to mentally prepare and be ready compared to a striker baring down in open play. Does this mean his concentration and confidence was so shot that it exacerbated his poor performances to such a low level? Maybe, maybe not.

5 hours ago, shen said:

well technically wasnt playing for team in the top 2 divisions was he; when he was on loan at huddersfield they went up with a negative GD

and after how awful he was for us the first half of last season, I'd be very surprised if any premier team wants him as a number two, as his performances showed so massive flaws within in his goalkeeping ability at the top level, showed in the summer too for Wales as well tbf

there is no defending Ward at all, hes average, lik bottom end of average

18 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

well technically wasnt playing for team in the top 2 divisions was he; when he was on loan at huddersfield they went up with a negative GD

and after how awful he was for us the first half of last season, I'd be very surprised if any premier team wants him as a number two, as his performances showed so massive flaws within in his goalkeeping ability at the top level, showed in the summer too for Wales as well tbf

there is no defending Ward at all, hes average, lik bottom end of average

Didn't claim he was good, did I? Most clubs will not be able to have an above average reserve keeper. Ward has a profile by virtue of his CV so yeah, I do expect him to get some interest at some point before the window closes.
It's a bit more worrying that Iversen is also still here - I'd expect him to have left by now.

9 minutes ago, shen said:

Didn't claim he was good, did I? Most clubs will not be able to have an above average reserve keeper. Ward has a profile by virtue of his CV so yeah, I do expect him to get some interest at some point before the window closes.
It's a bit more worrying that Iversen is also still here - I'd expect him to have left by now.

true but most team will want a competent reserve keeper, someone who can come in and steady the fort if needed, and Ward has shown he cant do that over a stretch of 2/3; he might have been decent in a cup game but i doubt any premier league teams would let him be there number 2, look at Liverpool, they seemed more than happy to let him go

teams have needed keepers and none have remotely sniffed around Ward, so it tells you all you need to know really

Edited by FrankieADZ

8 hours ago, Sly said:

:brendan_still: