Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The fact he was pick at Huddersfield show he's the number 2!

yes. As in 2nd best keeper. But one who needs game time and he won’t get it with Mads back- says it all that as soon as he’s fit he’s straight back in. Better to keep Iversen and let him go get some game time.

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

yes. As in 2nd best keeper. But one who needs game time and he won’t get it with Mads back- says it all that as soon as he’s fit he’s straight back in. Better to keep Iversen and let him go get some game time.

This is something that has been bugging me. Stolarczyk looked decent against Huddersfield. Not quite as good as Mads with the feet but played the same way and did what was asked of him in terms of the system. Part of me would like to be rotating the 2 during the season to make sure Stolarczyk gets game time for his development. Short term loans for keepers worry me as I see a lot of them just used for backup. He could go to somewhere like Fleetwood and only be used as backup. The fact that Stolarczyk can play our system makes him worth more to us than Iversen or Ward.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

Iversen will be sold, if we can find a buyer

• Like 2

Hermansen is no.1 and looks good value for it. Stolarczyk looks decent and is the next best at playing that role in Enzo's system, so he'll stay as no.2.

Iversen is young, has a good reputation for his shot stopping and isn't on a huge contract. He'll be sold before the close of the window, hopefully for a good fee.

Ward's reputation and value is in the gutter so I imagine we're stuck with him. He'll also be on the largest contract of all 5x goalkeepers too, so expect the best we can hope is a loan with his wages part covered. In itself that would be helpful.

Smithies is cheap cover, and only has 1-year left on his deal. He'll probably stick about as third choice. 

Be interesting to see how it plays out over the remainder of the window as we cannot hit 11pm on Friday 1st September with 5x senior goalkeepers. It's an obvious area to streamline the squad and - hopefully - raise some funds through Iversen's sale.

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

Simply won't happen. And nor should it imo. If Stol is seen to be the next keeper we have capable of playing Enzos way then he needs to stay as the number 2. Going on loan will probably do nothing in terms of developing the game Enzo wants from his keepers anyway, so training with the squad and playing cup games is probably just as good and then we're covered if the shit hits the fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Simply won't happen. And nor should it imo. If Stol is seen to be the next keeper we have capable of playing Enzos way then he needs to stay as the number 2. Going on loan will probably do nothing in terms of developing the game Enzo wants from his keepers anyway, so training with the squad and playing cup games is probably just as good and then we're covered if the shit hits the fan.

wouldn’t it be better for him to find a club that wants to play a similar style that could give him more game time?

1 hour ago, Simmo86 said:

Nixon saying Kel will be expensive. Be mad to sell him unless we can guarantee getting someone like Piroe in 

i cant see us getting rid of Kel and Daka, Daka will be the one

Certainly isnt a shock to see Palace interested in Iversen, shame no one wants Ward ffs

The issue with Ward will be his wages.

He isn’t good enough for the Premier League, however he’s be a steady Championship goalkeeper. No one is paying to cover his wages though. 
I can only think Leeds might consider him. 

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

The issue with Ward will be his wages.

He isn’t good enough for the Premier League, however he’s be a steady Championship goalkeeper. No one is paying to cover his wages though. 
I can only think Leeds might consider him. 

I can't see him playing higher than league 1 or 2, if you look at his resume and consider his age, he's hardly ever played.

1 minute ago, BillyFOX12 said:

I can't see him playing higher than league 1 or 2, if you look at his resume and consider his age, he's hardly ever played.

He’s your stereotypical third choice goalkeeper really. Bizarrely, we paid £12m for him! Let’s hope it was appearance based. 

I doubt he’ll ever play in the Premier League again. 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

i cant see us getting rid of Kel and Daka, Daka will be the one

Certainly isnt a shock to see Palace interested in Iversen, shame no one wants Ward ffs

It would suit Palace, Swansea and ourselves if we sold Iheanacho and bought Piroe in.

Both players have one year left on their contract so it stops them leaving for free. Swansea have 2pts from three games so unlikely to threaten the top six on the evidence so far and I'm sure they'd love to sell Piroe before transfer deadline day and cash in whilst they can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

It would suit Palace, Swansea and ourselves if we sold Iheanacho and bought Piroe in.

Both players have one year left on their contract so it stops them leaving for free. Swansea have 2pts from three games so unlikely to threaten the top six on the evidence so far and I'm sure they'd love to sell Piroe before transfer deadline day and cash in whilst they can.

If we give Kelechi enough starting minutes this season im sure he will be convinced to sign a new contract. From all accounts Piroe was the worst player on the pitch in the Swansea - Conventry game. I dont know why our fans are so obsessed with him.