Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Two different people here talking about their jobs and an overview from The Athletic. There's others that are good to listen to, obviously Txiki himself has a few out there because of All Or Nothing which are great viewing given he's probably the best in the world, there's a lot of media out there with Stuart Webber of Norwich who is extremely vocal and kinda the anti Rudkin for transparency and public image. 

Dan Ashworth is now at Newcastle and he's analogous with Jon Rudkin. You've then got a Head of Recruitment (a la Martyn Glover) talking about the approach at Brentford, the second half of that in particular is quite interesting as he talks through a couple of different transfers. Funnily enough, Dykes has actually been promoted now and is the Technical Director at Brentford. 

Depending on the club these roles might sit at different places on the corporate structure but in our case it's my understanding that Martyn Glove is a service manager responsible for all things Recruitment at the football club, he'll answer to Jon Rudkin who in turn will be responsible for a whole load of other service managers who oversee everything from Sports Science and nutrition to recruitment and even coaching the first team. 

If your job at Leicester pertains to the playing squad (as opposed to selling tickets, applying for planning permission, setting marketing strategy or managing buildings and facilities) chances are you report either directly to Jon Rudkin or to someone who does. 

Glover's job is to manage the team (probably a mixture of data analysts and more conventional, old school "scouts") that will basically take a shopping list of desired roles from a committee involving Rudkin, Enzo, maybe Whelan, Glover himself and perhaps some sort of head of data analytics who will have decided what the short falls in the squad are and where we need to recruit. 

Glover's team then take that shopping list and go and identify a bunch of targets they think are appropriate and attainable and I guess they bring it back to said committee who will want to reach a concensus about which they want and how to prioritise. It'll then be up to Rudkin or Whelan to attempt to negotiate with those players, their agents and their clubs. 

Thx a good insight,I seen his name popped up, has mentioned,with certain typical FT remarks.but never found out his true responsibilities..Other than a  sparing Recruitment-management description was mentioned..

Good insight..but haven't yet looked at the Videos..

Sometimes one goes through various stages of life,even accepting,seeing the small step changes in Many various industries,especially those where one was closely related.Even 10 years after being forced to retire young from high performance sport (then non proffesional) These last 25 years have seen a massive growth of off-field/court/etc .. jobs. Years ago I accepted even discussed also with Profis..that there will be big changes & Sport in general in Europe will move on.

But to be honest I never really envisaged across the board of Athletics,Rugby.Football,the massive input of jobs,direct or indirect to participants themselves..

It's an industry for itself, and over these last 20 years I have made slight whimsical remarks,that some of the clubs-athletes could vanish and the self,-appointed > backroom industries would still run on & on..

But thx again Finni a good insight to where Santa can lay his bonus-pressies

Every-year...So long as we see a growth also in the Christmas tree branch to keep up the demand. 

I always welcomed  the Pearson's era of creating that exceptional B.room staff was excellent,but are clubs taking it too far,with OTT count of bums on shakey seats..and coaches on training pitches,that one can't differ between players & club staff.

Jealous 50,% yes 50% no..I might not of taken my knocks that lead to eventual major injuries,a sports doctor around the corner,technical improvement that even back in the first sponsorship days,we thought tremendous,that also across sport improved/prevention or caused injuries,different body different metabolism & strains. Then an OTT groups that clubs nor participants need...Difficult to judge really...it's a brand new world maybe advancing too fast for its own good and in wrong direction..,with no afterthought..

But I don't want to be an old grumpy,we all go where it takes us...:dunno:

4 hours ago, Brenfox said:

Anstey Nomads have asked about Ward. 

He said "ok im ready to play & ive brought my gloves.'

The manager looked perplexed & said "not those kind of gloves sunshine, we need someone to clean the shitters."

I’d play Conrad Logan all day over Ward.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I hope we don't give him to Leeds, he'd probably be an upgrade on Meslier's shot stopping lol

I'd be happy to see Ward as the keeper foran opposition side.  If I saw Iversen's name,  I'd consider us to be up against a decent keeper.   I can't see us shifting Ward before his contract ends.   Iversen would be good for many teams.

2 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Get rid ffs

it’s likely we will sell Iversen, I’d imagine. - he’s younger and has a higher/ better profile in the championship so is more likely to attract a bid. The young polish keeper ( who’s name my dyslexia can’t quite manage yet lol)  will probably be sent out on loan ( hopefully) because he deserves some first team footy, I feel..

Unfortunatrly,  I’m guessing that will leave Ward as our back up..

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s likely we will sell Iversen, I’d imagine. - he’s younger and has a higher/ better profile in the championship so is more likely to attract a bid. The young polish keeper ( who’s name my dyslexia can’t quite manage yet lol)  will probably be sent out on loan ( hopefully) because he deserves some first team footy, I feel..

He is better than both Ward and Iversen.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He is better than both Ward and Iversen.

I completely agree.

I just  think he’s too good to sit on the bench and doing so will stunt his growth. It’s just better for him ( and for us)  for him  to play. 

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

Seems distastefully sensible too me

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

I cannot see Maresca going for that. What if Hermansen gets injured again? It’s too much of a risk. 

Maresca is not going to risk the season by being forced to use Ward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

The fact he was pick at Huddersfield show he's the number 2!

• Like 2

Daniel Iversen definitely the most saleable reserve goalkeeping asset we have. Actually, I like Iversen and think his shot stopping ability is excellent and his performance vs Everton at the back end of last season was a particular highlight. Iversen is apparently on £20k/wk. Ward is on £40k+ and no club in their right mind will pay a transfer fee and match that wage. I remember Leicester paying Liverpool £12.5M for Ward, certainly one of our very worst misjudgements in the transfer market of all time. Alex Smithies who has never even played a single minute of competitive football for us is on an unbelievably high £30k/wk, an absolutely shambolic and completely irresponsible shocking bit of management by Rudkin. Ward and Smithies certainly not leaving on their fat wages as they have it too sweet sitting on the bench every week earning massive wages and not doing anything, consequently Iversen will leave. Come 1st September when the transfer window closes, Iversen will be at one of our championship rivals for a ludicrously low transfer fee and we’ll be left with 4no. Goalkeepers (Hermansen, Stolarczyk, Ward & Smithies) and, as a result, Stolarczyk will have to leave on loan. Big fan of Stolarczyk as he was a real player for us in the academy set up. High hopes for him at LCFC. Iversen is a good keeper, just not suited to a possession based football club. Iversen, Ward and smithies need to leave now!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Daniel Iversen definitely the most saleable reserve goalkeeping asset we have. Actually, I like Iversen and think his shot stopping ability is excellent and his performance vs Everton at the back end of last season was a particular highlight. Iversen is apparently on £20k/wk. Ward is on £40k+ and no club in their right mind will pay a transfer fee and match that wage. I remember Leicester paying Liverpool £12.5M for Ward, certainly one of our very worst misjudgements in the transfer market of all time. Alex Smithies who has never even played a single minute of competitive football for us is on an unbelievably high £30k/wk, an absolutely shambolic and completely irresponsible shocking bit of management by Rudkin. Ward and Smithies certainly not leaving on their fat wages as they have it too sweet sitting on the bench every week earning massive wages and not doing anything, consequently Iversen will leave. Come 1st September when the transfer window closes, Iversen will be at one of our championship rivals for a ludicrously low transfer fee and we’ll be left with 4no. Goalkeepers (Hermansen, Stolarczyk, Ward & Smithies) and, as a result, Stolarczyk will have to leave on loan. Big fan of Stolarczyk as he was a real player for us in the academy set up. High hopes for him at LCFC. Iversen is a good keeper, just not suited to a possession based football club. Iversen, Ward and smithies need to leave now!

Not a chance Stolarczyk goes on loan with Enzo as manager.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

So we head into the season with 5no. Goalkeepers then…

unless we can win the national lottery and manage to actually sell some players for once?!!!

That would mean Rudkin doing his job