Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

So from pure goals and assists, there’s nothing much to explain why we are targeting YA. 

What stats do we think he’s been showing that we appear to be targeting? From the videos i’ve watched the only thing apparent is that he likes to take on players and i think I remember mavididi mentioning that about him as well. 

Is it safe to assume that enzo is looking for a player who will progress the ball and not necessarily put it in the back of the net? 

It’s a very random peace of business, so usually there’s at least some statistic that stands out that explains how they even end up on our list. 

At 23 if the talent is there it’s worth a gamble, harvey barnes was struggling to score at that sort of age. 

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

So from pure goals and assists, there’s nothing much to explain why we are targeting YA. 

What stats do we think he’s been showing that we appear to be targeting? From the videos i’ve watched the only thing apparent is that he likes to take on players and i think I remember mavididi mentioning that about him as well. 

Is it safe to assume that enzo is looking for a player who will progress the ball and not necessarily put it in the back of the net? 

It’s a very random peace of business, so usually there’s at least some statistic that stands out that explains how they even end up on our list. 

At 23 if the talent is there it’s worth a gamble, harvey barnes was struggling to score at that sort of age. 

Big things were expected of him after his loan spell at Demispor. That 2021/22 season he got something daft like 16 assists and last summer there was so much hype about him (like us with Barnes after coming back from West Brom).

Loan with an option to buy for £5m is absolutely fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Is there anyone who can explain to me why the players on large salaries aren’t leaving? I don’t get it and so far I’ve noticed the topic has yet to be mentioned? 

I mean... you answered your own question, didn't you? Or was there sarcasm there that I never picked up on? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He made 17 goal contributions two seasons ago, Enzo will definitely expect production out of Akgun, although he missed a big chance yesterday. 😂

I wonder if this transfer isn’t as close as some are reporting, considering he was subbed on yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He made 17 goal contributions two seasons ago, Enzo will definitely expect production out of Akgun, although he missed a big chance yesterday. 😂

I wonder if this transfer isn’t as close as some are reporting, considering he was subbed on yesterday. 

Tete recently signed and Ziyech yesterday. He isn't staying to be 3rd choice right winger.

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Leicester City is one step ahead in the transfer of Yunus Akgün in Galatasaray.

• Yunus's transfer will take place during the week with a rental purchase option, unless there is a final change.

1 minute ago, Iran said:

Leicester City is one step ahead in the transfer of Yunus Akgün in Galatasaray.

• Yunus's transfer will take place during the week with a rental purchase option, unless there is a final change.

Those were some of the reports I was referring to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tete recently signed and Ziyech yesterday. He isn't staying to be 3rd choice right winger.

Not saying the move isn’t happening, just speculating that it may not be as close as some reported. We’ll see. 

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Not saying the move isn’t happening, just speculating that it may not be as close as some reported. We’ll see. 

Doubt it happens until we get some players out, so it probably won't be happening.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Doubt it happens until we get some players out, so it probably won't be happening.

I’ve already prepared myself to see two keepers on the bench until the January transfer window. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

I’ve already prepared myself to see two keepers on the bench until the January transfer window. 

I can't believe someone thinks Wards a better goalkeeper than Iversen! 

I'm enjoying the Envo ride so far but I am finding one or two of his decisions utterly baffling 

5 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I can't believe someone thinks Wards a better goalkeeper than Iversen! 

I'm enjoying the Envo ride so far but I am finding one or two of his decisions utterly baffling 

I do think if we can’t ship people out to get in who enzo wants come end of the window people like Daka and Castagne will be back in the squad over having 2 keepers on the bench. I think he’s just making clear he’s happy for them to go and not risking injuries to them so he can get in who he wants. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I do think if we can’t ship people out to get in who enzo wants come end of the window people like Daka and Castagne will be back in the squad over having 2 keepers on the bench. I think he’s just making clear he’s happy for them to go and not risking injuries to them so he can get in who he wants. 

Castagne and Soumare aren't really tactical game changers either, they would just be solid back-ups for the starters in case of injury so they're not a huge miss.

Daka hasn't offered much whilst at Leicester and is an extra striker behind Vardy/ Nacho. He who could possibly play on left, but he's not a huge miss from the match day squad either.

I just praying we can get rid of these before the window shuts and get some more players in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

If Maresca carried on deliberately weakening the bench by picking two keepers after the window shuts, he'd be an even bigger diva that Mourinho. But, like you, I don't think he'll do that.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I mean, such is the tragic state of our squad, Castagne is probably our best RW (if you discount Ricardo as he's playing elsewhere.)

So tbh yeah, I hope he is back in the squad if he's still here when the window closes. 

Didn't he start the very first friendly at RW and there's a quote floating round somewhere from someone like Tanner or Percy suggesting Maresca quite likes him? 

I think he's the most likely to be back in the side. Souttar would probably require an injury crisis and Daka would have to really prove himself off the bench. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The_77 said:

Those were some of the reports I was referring to. 

Rental charges?  I note they are sponsored by Sixt Car Rental.  Hope the medical team check him thoroughly for dents and bruises.

1 minute ago, Gravel said:

Is this guy reliable? He likes his emojis doesn't he.

Yet another account with like 100k+ followers spamming Gala stories. 

There's millions of these guys and they never seem to actually get much right tbf. 

Turkish social media is... weird. 

They're all super insistent this is basically done but every credible UK source is ignoring it and several have said we're not doing anymore business til someone leaves. A lot of these Turkish accounts also think Faes is going the other way which is 10000% objectively bullshit and not happening. So who knows. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 minute ago, Gravel said:

Is this guy reliable? He likes his emojis doesn't he.

Not familiar with his work, but his sports new company (Fichaje Goleador) seems to be followed by Fabrizio Romano.

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A lot of these Turkish accounts also think Faes is going the other way which is 10000% objectively bullshit and not happening. So who knows. 

That's a shame lol 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

... He's probably been one of our best players this season...? 

Have you actually been watching? 

I thought he had a shocker Saturday personally. Although not entirely his fault, he'd be fine if we had another two next to him with pace, but him + vesty is just a disaster waiting to happen. 

Also just not particularly a fan, there's others i'd rather see in that line up.

Edited by AjcW