Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

18 hours ago, mozartfox said:

EM has said today that NO new in-comings until their are out-goings.  So the Club are now in Rudkin’s hands.  13 days to reclaim some credibility…….

People on here can be told a thousand times why these highly paid players will not leave and they still don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

People on here can be told a thousand times why these highly paid players will not leave and they still don't get it.

At last someone talking sense, it also doesn't help that players were allowed to run their contracts down and the attitude is look so and so did it so why can't we.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

So does Rudkin just give up?

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So does Rudkin just give up?

I am genuinely curious the restrictions we place/are under when it comes to negotiating players exit/sale. Do we have a percentage we expect to recoup against a players outstanding balance? It’s odd.

It’s all a big game of who blinks first, other clubs needing to sell etc etc.  unless new bidders come in it’s a game to see whether we will pay the wages or if the buying clubs really want the players 

to be fair to Rudkin he has sold Vestegard twice and I think accepted a bid on Soumane.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am genuinely curious the restrictions we place/are under when it comes to negotiating players exit/sale. Do we have a percentage we expect to recoup against a players outstanding balance? It’s odd.

I suspect so, the last two players we sold whom we wanted to move on that weren't close to running their contracts down were Iborra and Musa about 5+ years ago. We got €10m for Iborra, having paid €15m 18 months before so probably covered roughly what was left on his amortised transfer and nearly got back what we paid for Musa.

It's why we've first asked for €15m for Praet and probably would want €10m now. 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Haven't these highly paid players jut had a massive pay cut due to relegation?

I expect the club are trying to recoup the fees paid for the likes of Soumare, Souttar and Castagne and will likely be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect so, the last two players we sold whom we wanted to move on that weren't close to running their contracts down were Iborra and Musa about 5+ years ago. We got €10m for Iborra, having paid €15m 18 months before so probably covered roughly what was left on his amortised transfer and nearly got back what we paid for Musa.

It's why we've first asked for €15m for Praet and probably would want €10m now. 

Yes, I think you are right, but I reckon this is optimistic at best and naive at worst. The relegation has reduced some value from players regardless of what amortised balance remains and proliferating these suspect strategies to deadwood feels more concerning than ever. Or perhaps there is a plan to try and loan at the last moment if nothing palatable emerges on a sales front:dunno: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, I think you are right, but I reckon this is optimistic at best and naive at worst. The relegation has reduced some value from players regardless of what amortised balance remains and proliferating these suspect strategies to deadwood feels more concerning than ever. Or perhaps there is a plan to try and loan at the last moment if nothing palatable emerges on a sales front:dunno: 

The expectation that we bounce back also restores that relegation discount next summer  - a dangerous game if we’re playing that but I could understand why a loan might be more attractive where players have only been here for less than half their contract period. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

You should tell everyone again - I think there are still a few people in a remote tribe in the Amazon that haven’t seen you type it about 8 million times. 

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

https://x.com/salimmanav/status/1693340354576068621?s=46&t=V-qCfESVnrtM8La7pqjc7w

“Leicester City is one step ahead in the transfer of Yunus Akgün in Galatasaray.

• Yunus's transfer will take place during the week with a rental purchase option, unless there is a final change.”

Followed by Fab so I’m assuming he’s somewhat reliable..

loan then since the word rental is in there, 

just hope hes better than the last turkish winger we had,

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is there anyone who can explain to me why the players on large salaries aren’t leaving? I don’t get it and so far I’ve noticed the topic has yet to be mentioned? 

I presume it's because they love the club and want to right the wrongs of last season.....right?

• Haha 1