Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You have seen how much space the like of Mcateer and Marçal-Madivadua have had on the right in the games against Coventry and Huddersfield?  

Yeah, but I also think those teams have noticed that's our weakest area and allowed some space free to close the other side of the pitch.

Like I said, I'm all for the signing, but most of the clips I've seen are of him running onto through balls behind high defensive lines 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Hmm. I dunno. I don't think he'd world class but I definitely think he's another one that suffered from Rodgers syndrome, same as Tete. 

In both cases he seemed to actively want to coach out the best parts of their game. Both would have done well with Maresca. 

Mods can we have an instacorrect when people write Rodgers, like we do with willy puller? The man's name offends me more than actual offensive words. He's worse than Peter ****ing Taylor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hope so mate. The option fee of £5-6m seems reasonable. I know some have their doubts, I certainly have no major confidence he'll be PL class but at this level, like Mavididi I think he'll thruve in this system. 

His creative stats 2 years ago were off the scale, I like that in this team. Think of that with Casadei and KDH arriving in the box?!!

...he wouldn't give us second glance before!!!

Waited for his big move and now looking around for someone to bail him out,  think I will gladly pass on this one.

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Yeah, but I also think those teams have noticed that's our weakest area and allowed some space free to close the other side of the pitch.

If they close up the right side it just gives the 8's in the middle or Mavididi on the left more room to work, which is why we need a good RW.

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Like I said, I'm all for the signing, but most of the clips I've seen are of him running onto through balls behind high defensive lines 

We are going to have teams try and press us as Huddersfield did at times, there will be opportunities for through balls behind high defensive lines, as we did for the Praet chance on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

If they close up the right side it just gives the 8's in the middle or Mavididi on the left more room to work, which is why we need a good RW.

We are going to have teams try and press us as Huddersfield did at times, there will be opportunities for through balls behind high defensive lines, as we did for the Praet chance on Saturday. 

The build up to the Praet chance was pure /chefskiss.

It's infuriating how bad the finish was. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Right, I'm obviously not explaining myself well here.

I'm aware that we will have space in behind, and I'm aware that we need threats on both wings. I think Akgun will be a good addition from what I've seen to provide that.

All I'm saying is I've seen far more clips of him running in behind high lines, than I have of him breaking down low blocks with clever interplay and technical work. So, without being a master of random Turkish footballers, that's my question mark.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The build up to the Praet chance was pure /chefskiss.

It's infuriating how bad the finish was. 

There were 1 or 2 other instances like that in that game too. None quite as good but Wanya got put through at one point and I'm sure someone else did to. 

I think it's a weakness to pressing us so hard, it will present these opportunities. We just need to be more clinical and that comes with improving the quality of the players in these positions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It was!

But however, edited the EFL YouTube highlights didn't think so as they left it out. :frusty:

https://youtu.be/HJYFgna_DPk

They did show it on our extended clips though, I guess clubs are given free reign over sorting their own clips as ours was like 16 mins and Huddersfield’s was 10 mins lol 

Edited by dbtcity

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

They did show it on our extended clips though, I guess clubs are given free reign over sorting their own clips as ours was like 16 mins and Huddersfield’s was 10 mins lol 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just watch ours. 

I've seen it on our, just made me laugh how the official channel left out such a stunning move.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Yusuf Demir is going to be the next Freddy Adu isn't he lol  

@Ric Flair

Oops, apologies on my part as I just realized I forgot to add the translation, haha. lol

Those are Galatasaray's outgoings which have been finalized this week according to that post.

12 minutes ago, Iran said:

Oops, apologies on my part as I just realized I forgot to add the translation, haha. lol

Those are Galatasaray's outgoings which have been finalized this week according to that post.

Yes that was my point exactly... yet another move for Demir who was meant to be the next best thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

So this is saying its done and he's in Leicester? 

It appears so:

Special 🔥 

English side Leicester City have signed Yunus Akgün for a reported fee of €5.5 million. 

Yunus Akgün at Leicester City

• Like 1