Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

59 minutes ago, DezFox said:

It’s ok, remember we will lose out on this guy because enzo dropped souttar who no one wants, and hero jannick turned down Saudi, starts every game, will lose us some and leaves on a free. I think we are all frustrated with piroe and this guy because they seem like the obvious players that were available and a perfect fit for the system. I’m not doubting Enzo but I believe if it had been handled differently we would have both and the transfer window would feel very different. I hope this is not the board.  

It’s the players

15 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Faes and Coady are our first choice CBs, Vestegard, Soultar as replacements JJ or Doyle even Nelson as additional cover. 

Inverted full backs more of a concern for me after Ricardo ans Doyle It’s JJ then? 

Judging by last night, Hamza might be viewed as backup to that Ricardo role too which isn't ideal. 

Just now, Scotch said:

Judging by last night, Hamza might be viewed as backup to that Ricardo role too which isn't ideal. 

Why isn’t it ideal? He’s an experienced midfielder that can play in defence - I remember a couple of years ago reading the coaching staff thought RB might even be his best position? 

• Like 2

I think Enzo would have liked THB and I suspect the player was also interested in joining us, but over the last week or so, it has become clear we are unable to shift Souttar and Vestergaard and so this is a position we don't have space or money for. Shame, but we will be OK with what we have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Enzo would have liked THB and I suspect the player was also interested in joining us, but over the last week or so, it has become clear we are unable to shift Souttar and Vestergaard and so this is a position we don't have space or money for. Shame, but we will be OK with what we have.

Bang on, excuse the pun but Souttar doesn’t have many suitors. Rangers not qualifying for the Champions League has scuppered that one. Coady being injured meant Vestergaard got a shot and now it’s a huge risk to let him go considering we’ve won 6 in a row and the defence has improved no end since the game against Cov. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

It would be different to like the Casadei loan though

With Harwood-Bellis there would have been a very good chance to buy him if we go up

But we'll still have to replace Casedei next season. In the event of being promoted, that'll cost us 20m or so, either for Casedei himself or a passable replacement.

And what about Doyle? Do we splash out 20m on him?

Our option on Yunus is 7-8m. If we sign Fatawu, it'll supposedly be 10-12m. Everyone seems to be ecstatic with this. As if by kicking it down the line it's no issue at all.

But there you have 55-60m which, being arrogant enough to presume promotion, we'd have to spend just to maintain our FLC side. That's roughly the net spend that most newly-promoted sides are looking at. And if we've failed to develop new talent, we simply wouldn't be able to bankroll any kind of improvement. Next year, or the year after.

So the idea of adding Harwood or anyone else to that seems a bit silly to me. It'd lead to either splashing out huge amounts on keeping us at top-end FLC level (but in the EPL), or going down the Forest 'revolving door' route. We'd be simply incapable of reverting to the pre-2021 sustainable financial model.

In this context, by the way, I find it amazing that anyone is averse to us cashing in on Iheanacho or Ndidi. Some people really don't know that there's such a thing as the future!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

But we'll still have to replace Casedei next season. In the event of being promoted, that'll cost us 20m or so, either for Casedei himself or a passable replacement.

And what about Doyle? Do we splash out 20m on him?

Our option on Yunus is 7-8m. If we sign Fatawu, it'll supposedly be 10-12m. Everyone seems to be ecstatic with this. As if by kicking it down the line it's no issue at all.

But there you have 55-60m which, being arrogant enough to presume promotion, we'd have to spend just to maintain our FLC side. That's roughly the net spend that most newly-promoted sides are looking at. And if we've failed to develop new talent, we simply wouldn't be able to bankroll any kind of improvement. Next year, or the year after.

So the idea of adding Harwood or anyone else to that seems a bit silly to me. It'd lead to either splashing out huge amounts on keeping us at top-end FLC level (but in the EPL), or going down the Forest 'revolving door' route. We'd be simply incapable of reverting to the pre-2021 sustainable financial model.

In this context, by the way, I find it amazing that anyone is averse to us cashing in on Iheanacho or Ndidi. Some people really don't know that there's such a thing as the future!

Christ. Some sense. Where are the sensationalists? We have no Piroe, we have no THB … blah blah blah. 

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Why isn’t it ideal? He’s an experienced midfielder that can play in defence - I remember a couple of years ago reading the coaching staff thought RB might even be his best position? 

Ideally, he would focus on being the Winks replacement, JJ would work on being the Ricardo replacement and we would get a natural left sided player to cover Doyle. 

Surely players playing in their natural role with plenty of cover is a more ideal situation than Hamza and JJ covering a whole bunch of different positions that they can't devote their entire focus to learning...

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Ideally, he would focus on being the Winks replacement, JJ would work on being the Ricardo replacement and we would get a natural left sided player to cover Doyle. 

Surely players playing in their natural role with plenty of cover is a more ideal situation than Hamza and JJ covering a whole bunch of different positions that they can't devote their entire focus to learning...

Think the plan is for Braybrooke to be the understudy to Winks, let’s hope he comes back well from injury. 

11 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Just checked this thread Cba to read back through, why on earth has he chosen Southampton over us then, especially with the enzo connection? 

As Percy said, our interest cooled. 

I personally think he would have joined us over Southampton. 

We just couldn't shift Soutar or Vestergaard and so don't have the room or money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

As Percy said, our interest cooled. 

I personally think he would have joined us over Southampton. 

We just couldn't shift Soutar or Vestergaard and so don't have the room or money. 

Ah cheers mate hadn’t seen that 👍🏻 shame as he seems a top talent 

3 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Confirmed by Percy ffs.

05D17B3F-2BEC-49D4-AEA2-AB62EC1B7659.jpeg

Is it just me or does this not really make sense? 

If Southampton have won the race why’s he made a comment of us “being unlikely to sign him” unless I’ve missed something if he’s gone elsewhere then of course we aren’t going to sign him? Don’t seem to add up.

It obviously just relies on outgoings, get the ones we need out including Souttar and we’ll get him. I doubt he’ll wait for us and I don’t think we’ll get them all out. A similar story with Piroe I’m sure, get Daka out early ( easier said than done) and he comes here. 

On 30/08/2023 at 09:23, Jimbo said:

I think you are the one with the false memory. You seem to be confusing JJ before his injury and JJ after his injury.

Before his 1st injury he was growing into a very, very good player. He was part of a team, playing left or right, that was flying high in the league and had adapted to life in the premier league fantastically well, had rightly earned an international call up and looked like he could be destined for big things. 

Injuries have completely halted his career and he'll probably never reach those heights now, and his biggest problem is now is fitting in this new team and system. The position he is best at now doesn't exist in this team, so it's about adapting him and his style to fill 2 or 3 different positions. If he can adapt then he'll be the ultimate utility man. He'll probably be used in 3 different positions 

Sure he was better before his injury, never denied that - i just don't think he was the footballing god many are making out.  Without being a bad player he still cost us goals through bad judgement/positioning (which was understandable, he was young and inexperienced - but he was far from the elevated standard being made out by some posters on here) and he created little - even now 3 goals and 2 assists in 6000 minutes of football is poor.  

• Like 1

On 30/08/2023 at 09:48, James_lcfc said:

Christ, what a bad take this is.

He 'disappeared' due to a career threatening injury, at least be fair with that bit.

Yes, but he disappeared, regardless of the reason - he simply hasn't played and that has affected him and his reputation.  i'm not blaming him for it, or criticising, i'm just stating a fact.  All we can judge him on is his form before he was injured which was years ago and the sporadic input he's made since then, and i think a lot of people are forgetting that he was a young, inexperienced player when he came to us, and yes, had some good moments, but was also (inevitably, understandably) sloppy and poor at times.