Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Big miss this one.  THB is exactly the type of player that we should be going for.  A young player with a high ceiling that might come to a Championship club and grow into a good PL player with us (hopefully).  Not very impressed with out recruitment so far.

I agree that it's the right profile of player, but that doesn't mean that it's the right player. I remember people talking about how Franck Moussa was the right profile as well in 2011.

I've also been very disappointed with our recruitment, especially regarding the lack of interest in acquiring new potential assets. For me it's the Sven approach rather than the subsequent one which actually worked. 

That said, they were clearly looking to loan him out, and I think it'd be very bad for us to overload with loanees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

I agree that it's the right profile of player, but that doesn't mean that it's the right player. I remember people talking about how Franck Moussa was the right profile as well in 2011.

I've also been very disappointed with our recruitment, especially regarding the lack of interest in acquiring new potential assets. For me it's the Sven approach rather than the subsequent one which actually worked. 

That said, they were clearly looking to loan him out, and I think it'd be very bad for us to overload with loanees.

It would be different to like the Casadei loan though

With Harwood-Bellis there would have been a very good chance to buy him if we go up

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Probably because he's happy with Doyle, Vestergaard, Faes, Coady and JJ, Nelson back up. He might think resources are better used elsewhere.

I'm sure if we really wanted him we would probably get him over Southampton. In Enzo we trust.

I am concerned that is not enough defenders for a 46 game relentless Championship season.

Ricardo and Justin have major injury issues blighting the last few years. 

Souttar I presume will stay now, which I'm actually pretty pleased about. He's suited to many opposition we will face this season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Confirmed by Percy ffs.

05D17B3F-2BEC-49D4-AEA2-AB62EC1B7659.jpeg

Minor gripe with me with Percy's story there, re: wording...

"Southampton have won the race to sign him.

It is understood that former City coach Enzo Maresca, now the manager of Leicester City, is now unlikely to sign him."

Well yeah, you've just told us Southampton have won the race, so unless Enzo has moved to the Saints, that's a given, no? 🙄

Just now, CloudFox said:

Minor gripe with me with Percy's story there, re: wording...

"Southampton have won the race to sign him.

It is understood that former City coach Enzo Maresca, now the manager of Leicester City, is now unlikely to sign him."

Well yeah, you've just told us Southampton have won the race, so unless Enzo has moved to the Saints, that's a given, no? 🙄

It's that phrasing which is interesting - not saying Leicester went for him but couldn't get him. Instead, refers to the manager specifically and reads more like we could have got him but didn't pursue it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

We shouldn't be to fussed about the CB position.

Relax people ffs 

Thinking the same now. I like THB but we have a starting 3 of Faes, Coady and Doyle when all fit. That is pretty damn impressive at this level. 

We need to focus on other areas, especially if Nacho or N'didi leave. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

My only conclusion on this is we’re not going to be able to shift Souttar and we’re going to look to reintegrate him.

To be fair in my opinion there’s not much between them, but Harwood-Bellis would have been the better future asset. 

As well as Souttar maybe not moving, Vestergaard may be staying as well and Coady's recovery could be progressing well so there's less pressure on a CB replacement. And when you add in Nelson as a backup option, getting another CB may not be seen as much as priority as a LW, creative midfielder or striker. 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Thinking the same now. I like THB but we have a starting 3 of Faes, Coady and Doyle when all fit. That is pretty damn impressive at this level. 

We need to focus on other areas, especially if Nacho or N'didi leave. 

Nelson and Justin also

3 minutes ago, nathan. said:

We shouldn't be to fussed about the CB position.

Relax people ffs 

Agreed. It's a shame we haven't got THB in, but it would only really make sense if one of our first choice three were leaving (Doyle, Coady, Faes). I can't see THB coming back to the Championship to sit on the bench.

Yeah we don’t need to lose heads about this one and the same way as replacing Kel or Ndidi. 

If Souttar and Vestergaard are both going to stay then along with Nelson that’s more than good enough back up for Faes and Coady. 

A deal for THB was an added luxury let’s be honest.

Edited by Aleksz

It’s ok, remember we will lose out on this guy because enzo dropped souttar who no one wants, and hero jannick turned down Saudi, starts every game, will lose us some and leaves on a free. I think we are all frustrated with piroe and this guy because they seem like the obvious players that were available and a perfect fit for the system. I’m not doubting Enzo but I believe if it had been handled differently we would have both and the transfer window would feel very different. I hope this is not the board.  

25 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

My only conclusion on this is we’re not going to be able to shift Souttar and we’re going to look to reintegrate him.

To be fair in my opinion there’s not much between them, but Harwood-Bellis would have been the better future asset. 

Souttar should never have been ostracised anyway. Can allow a player to leave if an offer comes in without barring them from team meetings/shunning them from the first team and sticking a second keeper on the bench instead of them etc..

12 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I really like THB, but I think Coady, Faes, Vestegaard, Doyle, Nelson and even maybe Souttar is enough. If Thomas goes I'd like to see a full back come in.

Enzo doesnt do full backs, so highly unlikely.

• Like 1

Faes and Coady are our first choice CBs, Vestegard, Soultar as replacements JJ or Doyle even Nelson as additional cover. 

Inverted full backs more of a concern for me after Ricardo ans Doyle It’s JJ then? 

Edited by Finn Claw II

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is we do need a CB. Because as soon as Yannick comes up against a capable striker, we will get absolutely savaged. 

Coady should take Yannik's place as soon as he's fit. No noise around Nelson leaving on loan so there's another spot covered.

Only way we'd have got THB is if Faes left. It being only a loan to Soton, we might still even have the chance to sign him next summer.