Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Can’t believe we are stuck with Vestergaard and Southampton have THB :rolleyes:

We really need to pull it out the bag today as I think our defence is still so weak and will cost us. We have strengthened in the wide positions (assuming the new guys don’t flop) but striker wise and defence are nowhere near up to scratch! 

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

We really need to pull it out the bag today as I think our defence is still so weak and will cost us. We have strengthened in the wide positions (assuming the new guys don’t flop) but striker wise and defence are nowhere near up to scratch! 

Funny how the last 3 windows are still a mess we are clearing up. Gonna take an awful lot to unfvck things and it’s very disappointing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A centre back is by nature going to play more than a young winger so the obligation is almost certainly going to be activated.

did think we’d bring him in though so a bit surprised. 

The reported obligation is the same, it's activated if promotion achieved regardless of input from the player.

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

we have conceded 3 in 6. One of them was a worldie that 99 times out of 100 doesnt go in. 

The defence is fine plus we have Coady to come back in and Justin getting back to full fitness. 

We only need a striker if one leaves. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I suspect that THB was wanted but we couldn't really justify signing him given how well Faes has started.

Wouldn't surprise me if Faes was one of the players that wanted out originally but has changed his mind.

Faes, Coady and Doyle as starters with Souttar, Vestergaard, Justin and Nelson.

Can't really say we need a centre half.

I could see us signing one in January if we *really* need one. But your post says to me that we should have enough to get us there. 20M for a player that isn't guaranteed first choice is steep. Faes himself only cost 15M. Prices are going up, but 20M could probably get you a better player.

I see why Southampton have done it though, it's expected they lose Bella-Kotchup today.

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

we have conceded 3 in 6. One of them was a worldie that 99 times out of 100 doesnt go in. 

The defence is fine plus we have Coady to come back in and Justin getting back to full fitness. 

We only need a striker if one leaves. 

I think we are fortunate to have only conceded 3, the defence has been so open. Those stats will quickly change with the upcoming away trips to Southampton and Norwich!

Agreed Coady will improve coming in for Vestergaard though. 

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think we are fortunate to have only conceded 3, the defence has been so open. Those stats will quickly change with the upcoming away trips to Southampton and Norwich!

Its been open in transition, which is just as much on the midfield as it is the defence. From general play/set pieces we've looked pretty solid for the most part.

Edited by Simmo86

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Whether you think we are fortunate or not we have conceded one every 180 minutes. I'm not sure how you can say that to be honest, playing "better teams" will actually improve us IMO. 

It is risk reward playing how we play we will conceed chances but we should also generate a lot more chances. 

Vestergaard has been fine, too easy to knock his performances, he has been no better or no worse than the others at the back. 

• Like 1

I would also add that since the opening day we have looked far more solid defensively. Coventry could and should have scored 3 or 4 but since then we have looked more and more solid, not the finished article but think we will continue to improve our defensive shape week on week and once Coady returns I think we will go to another level. 

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I suspect that THB was wanted but we couldn't really justify signing him given how well Faes has started.

Wouldn't surprise me if Faes was one of the players that wanted out originally but has changed his mind.

Faes, Coady and Doyle as starters with Souttar, Vestergaard, Justin and Nelson.

Can't really say we need a centre half.

Faes hasnt played well in the last three games. Sadly he will likely get shredded over our next three league fixtures.

I have no idea how good is THB, but in rueing his loss could it be that we are underestimating the possibility of Nelson having as high a potential ceiling?  If he is simply a year behind THB in terms of advancement then that is no problem as we have adequate experience/numbers in the CB department until Nelson comes through.