Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

So we should sell Nacho then go and spend that money on another striker if not more with 9 days in the window left who we then have to bed in to the team and pay his wages for 3 more years and there is no guarantee he will be any better than what we currently have.

Absolutely pointless idea.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm certainly not saying your post is without merit as there clearly is a strong case for what you say.

For me it's all price dependent, a £10m offer I would agree with you. A £20m offer is a must sell and the tipping point is somewhere between the two.

Enzo may have to be forced to sell Iheanacho and integrate Daka if we have a big offer for one and not the other. Daka after all is a £25m striker with a pedigree that outshines virtually every other striker in the PL. He may not be ideal for Daka but sometimes you can't have everything you want and you have to work with what you have.

The club won’t ‘force’ Enzo to do anything of the sort if it actually wants to achieve promotion this season. Maresca clearly has no time for Daka - making him sell Iheanacho and play a striker he does not want would be a catastrophically self-defeating move. And that’s not going to happen.

Selling Nacho and buying a replacement that Maresca wants? Yes, of course that could happen…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

So we should sell Nacho then go and spend that money on another striker if not more with 9 days in the window left who we then have to bed in to the team and pay his wages for 3 more years and there is no guarantee he will be any better than what we currently have.

The wages would be lower, and assuming recruitment are doing their job, more suited to what Enzo wants. What you have leaves for nothing in May, why you get has potential resale value. 

It’s pointless to keep IF there is a buyer and a replacement lined up. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

The wages would be lower, and assuming recruitment are doing their job, more suited to what Enzo wants. What you have leaves for nothing in May, why you get has potential resale value. 

It’s pointless to keep IF there is a buyer and a replacement lines up. 

I highly doubt we have a replacement lined up that's the thing.. plus if we did get promoted with Nacho then it's neither here nore there as he would likely sign a new contract.

The club should be working on deals for other players like Daka, Soumare and Souttar as they are not even in the squad never mind the starting 11.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

The club won’t ‘force’ Enzo to do anything of the sort if it actually wants to achieve promotion this season. Maresca clearly has no time for Daka - making him sell Iheanacho and play a striker he does not want would be a catastrophically self-defeating move. And that’s not going to happen.

Selling Nacho and buying a replacement that Maresca wants? Yes, of course that could happen…

It's not about forcing him but what is practical and sometimes you have to do things for the greater long term good.

We could be in a position that we have a £15m+ offer for Iheanacho and he wants to leave. We also have Daka who we might have no offers for but Roma saying they won't pay a loan fee but will cover his wages.

Enzo may not be enthralled with Daka but he is a striker virtually every club in England outside the PL would love to have. It's not just about doing what the manager want short term, that £15m+ could be put to better use in the future or buy a striker of Enzo's choosing rather than what he inherited.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I highly doubt we have a replacement lined up that's the thing.. plus if we did get promoted with Nacho then it's neither here nore there as he would likely sign a new contract.

The club should be working on deals for other players like Daka, Soumare and Souttar as they are not even in the squad never mind the starting 11.

We are all making assumptions. But if the club have no replacement in the works, considering relegation and wage issues, then they need sectioning. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's not about forcing him but what is practical and sometimes you have to do things for the greater long term good.

We could be in a position that we have a £15m+ offer for Iheanacho and he wants to leave. We also have Daka who we might have no offers for but Roma saying they won't pay a loan fee but will cover his wages.

Enzo may not be enthralled with Daka but he is a striker virtually every club in England outside the PL would love to have. It's not just about doing what the manager want short term, that £15m+ could be put to better use in the future or buy a striker of Enzo's choosing rather than what he inherited.

Or... why don't we sell Daka for £15 million, keep Nacho and bring in another striker. 

That is what I would TRY to do, taking everything into account. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

The club will only do it if Maresca sanctions it. Not a chance they would completely disregard his wishes and risk destroying all the early promise he has shown. It would be suicidal. 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Or... why don't we sell Daka for £15 million, keep Nacho and bring in another striker. 

That is what I would TRY to do, taking everything into account. 

Or sell both (or loan Daka) and get what Enzo needs. I strongly doubt we are ever going to see 2 up top this season. 

15 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It gives Maresca the opportunity to make the team his instead of trying to make players fit his system.

Only if he can bring in the players he actually wants and in this market, with our budget and being in the Championship, that will not be easy. 

I would suggest most Managers outside the likes of Man City/Chelski, all have to work with players that don't completely fit their system. 

It also looks to me (my assumption!) that Enzo has integrated Nacho into his system quite well. 

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He won’t be signing a new deal with us, whether we go up or not.

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Precisely, just not in our interests to sell.

We need another striker but selling Nacho is daft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Or sell both (or loan Daka) and get what Enzo needs. I strongly doubt we are ever going to see 2 up top this season. 

Possible, but with 10 days to go in the window. No sign of any offer for Daka and just 1 rumour about Nacho to Palace, with us needing to sign TWO strikers that Enzo wants, in this market and with our budget, wowza! 

I also don't get where this idea has come that Enzo doesn't want/need Nacho? Surely, it is just down to him having 12 months left on his contract, and nothing has come out about Nacho not wanted or fitting into Enzo's plans? Or did I miss a comment or two? 

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Keep nacho a further year and he's worth nothing, sell him and reinvest and we've retained that asset value. If nacho extended his contract on a championship wage, he'd be worth keeping, but that isn't going to happen. Nacho out Piroe in makes perfect sense, as long as wage demands aren't ridiculous 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Keep nacho a further year and he's worth nothing, sell him and reinvest and we've retained that asset value. If nacho extended his contract on a championship wage, he'd be worth keeping, but that isn't going to happen. Nacho out Piroe in makes perfect sense, as long as wage demands aren't ridiculous 

Piroe just signed new 2 year deal if reports are true. 

That is the other big issue here. Yes, we could lose Nacho for free in 12 months, but we still need to replace him (and Daka) now. Who is out there? What cost? Will they sign? Does Enzo want to lose Nacho and replace him with the likely limited options out there? 10 days of the window left! 

6 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

He won’t be signing a new deal with us, whether we go up or not.

Was it Maresca or Iheanacho that let slip this nugget over dinner?

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He’d be an idiot to. A deal would be on championship wages. We would be complete muppets to offer him a PL contract right now. 

Wouldn’t be on Championship wages if we get promoted which is what the op mentioned.

• Like 2