Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

36 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Ffs....

Swap a 25 million pound player for a 7 million pound player.

A player that has proved him self at top level for year after year.

For a player that has had 1 half decent season in the championship.

Some people are crazy.

As I said above he is at a bigger club in the championship than Palace are in the premier league 

24 goals 21/22 season

20 goals 22/23 season

1 half decent season , would like to know what you class as decent

BTW Before those seasons the was playing in Dutch league

5 minutes ago, Andy W said:

24 goals 21/22 season

20 goals 22/23 season

1 half decent season , would like to know what you class as decent

BTW Before those seasons the was playing in Dutch league

Top level league goals if he scores those numbers in the premier league then it's a decent season 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

15m, Rak Sakyi with an option to buy if he shoots the lights out and bring Daka back in whilst pursuing Piroe/replacement is a no brainer for us.  

Kel has been Kel since the season started, and I think that’s all he will ever be. No amount of “he needs a run of games”, “he needs to be a 2nd striker” or “he’s great at linking the play” and the other stuff people love to say on here will change that. Reality is, bar a flick at Burton his output hasn’t been where we people seem to think it should be. He’s flattered to deceive against all but lower league opposition in the main, threatens to produce moments of magic but then is largely anonymous in games thereafter. He lacks the first touch / first class decision making to be a top player. 

Get a fee for him, give them an ultimatum re Rak Sakyi as part of any deal and give Daka a run if we can’t get a replacement. Suits all parties IMO. 

i just don’t get the Iheanacho hate. He creates opportunities in every match he plays in. He hit the post on Saturday, linked up play well and overall he has an excellent touch and technique despite the occasional mistake (that they all make.) He’s undoubtedly first choice under Maresca. Daka’s lack of hold up ability is obvious to the eye and that’s why Maresca doesn’t even bench him. He just doesn’t suit our new style of play whatsoever and can’t be seen as a justification for selling Iheanacho. If Iheanacho goes then we need someone with a similar creative ability to link play and create/score goals, not just a finisher. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think selling Iheanacho to buy Piroe is worth doing unless we'd get a bit of profit for doing it (which we won't).

Iheanacho gets into every other team at this level. I think people are maybe a bit too keen on a new shiny toy than anything else.

Regardless it looks like Southampton want Piroe. Not seen us linked with any real authority other than a few tenuous sentences from Percy about a month ago.

Even if Iheanacho walks for free next summer along with many others and we continue to fail to move fringe players on for transfer fees?

Somethings got to give

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Even if Iheanacho walks for free next summer along with many others and we continue to fail to move fringe players on for transfer fees?

Somethings got to give

Who could have guessed your new favourite right winger would be called Profit.N.Loss   :rolleyes:

I agree 100% though, enough with the financial irresponsibility

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think selling Iheanacho to buy Piroe is worth doing unless we'd get a bit of profit for doing it (which we won't).

Iheanacho gets into every other team at this level. I think people are maybe a bit too keen on a new shiny toy than anything else.

Regardless it looks like Southampton want Piroe. Not seen us linked with any real authority other than a few tenuous sentences from Percy about a month ago.

I'm not advocating for the signing of Piroe as I know very little about him...

But surely there is at least the potential for profit down the line if he signs a decent length contract and then does well?

Iheanacho will be 100% walking for free next Summer if we don't act now...

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

i just don’t get the Iheanacho hate. He creates opportunities in every match he plays in. He hit the post on Saturday, linked up play well and overall he has an excellent touch and technique despite the occasional mistake (that they all make.) He’s undoubtedly first choice under Maresca. Daka’s lack of hold up ability is obvious to the eye and that’s why Maresca doesn’t even bench him. He just doesn’t suit our new style of play whatsoever and can’t be seen as a justification for selling Iheanacho. If Iheanacho goes then we need someone with a similar creative ability to link play and create/score goals, not just a finisher. 

Its odd that the juxtaposition to the praise is seen as hate. For me its nothing to do with hate. There is a realisation to where we are at, what the contract situation is vs the salary and where we need to get to for next year. We should be moving on anyone who won't extend their deals if we can, and i dont think we should be prepared to make an exception for Kels. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Its odd that the juxtaposition to the praise is seen as hate. For me its nothing to do with hate. There is a realisation to where we are at, what the contract situation is vs the salary and where we need to get to for next year. We should be moving on anyone who won't extend their deals if we can, and i dont think we should be prepared to make an exception for Kels. 

That’s fine, but we need a suitable replacement for him. Daka isn’t that. If a suitable replacement isn’t available then we are much more likely to achieve promotion with Iheanacho than we are without him. The financial impact of achieving promotion is way more financially significant than losing Iheanacho on a free at the end of the season. We should be prioritising moving on players that aren’t going to positively contribute to Maresca’s style of play first and foremost. We should only move players on that fit his system (irrespective of their contract terms) if adequate replacement cover is available. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've said for a while we'll end up losing him this window. He's just too good for this league and Palace is probably a good shout for a move. I'm ready for the heartbreak of losing him on deadline day :(

We won’t sell unless we have someone incoming. 

If he does go we’ll all miss the unplayable Iheanacho at his purple patch best. I won’t miss his terrible first touch and how frustrating he can be. 

Only if we can get Piroe does it make sense, as I imagine we’d be better off after re: wages. What about Chair, if not Piroe, in the 10 position. Would that work alongside a new attacking RW and Daka up front? We’d then perhaps have enough creativity to release him up top. 

Edited by An Away Move

Sell him ….

people who think he as a good first touch simply don’t know football 

he makes the easy things look hard ( & the hard look easy ) 

sometimes his first touch of someone who’s won a raffle to train with the team 

scored some important goals but if a offer came in we should get gone 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

If he does go we’ll all miss the unplayable Iheanacho at his purple patch best. I won’t miss his terrible first touch and how frustrating he can be. 

Only if we can get Piroe does it make sense, as I imagine we’d be better off after re: wages. What about Chair, if not Piroe, in the 10 position. Would that work alongside a new attacking RW and Daka up front?

Daka can’t even get on the bench. Enzo would rather have two keepers sat there. That’s a not so subtle message to the player as much as to the club about where he sees Patson.