Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Absolutely got to sell.

One good spell in all the years he's been here.  Rest of the time he's been a bit meh.

All our strikers are gash but Vards gets a pass.  If anyone wants to give us anything for Nacho or Daka, get them gone.

A good spell lasting a couple of seasons? Was a key reason we won the FA Cup? Stepped up when Vards got injured and lost form? He's not a saviour by any means, but he really gets shafted by our managers and fans in general.

• Like 2

Just now, shen said:

A good spell lasting a couple of seasons? Was a key reason we won the FA Cup? Stepped up when Vards got injured and lost form? He's not a saviour by any means, but he really gets shafted by our managers and fans in general.

I don’t think you can say his good spell lasted a couple of seasons tbf. He had one very good 6 month spell. Then 2 years since where he’s been an average prem striker at best. And before he had that good 6 month spell, he had a 2 year spell where he was dire. 

He can be excellent, but he’s had just as many bad games as he has good, and he’s had far more than both of being average.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Offer a new contract with a £15m release clause if we don't go up. Same wages as currently on but bonus if we go up and wage increase if we do.

If he says no, sell him.

I'd hope the ball's been in his court for a while now...🤔

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Wouldn’t be on Championship wages if we get promoted which is what the op mentioned.

If we get promoted. Or, he has 2 other choices.

1. Stay on the deal he is now and enjoy a juicy singing on fee and great wages at a club of his choice next season. 

2. Join a PL club on decent wages on an x year deal. I strongly doubt a club like Palace are getting relegated this season, so those wages will be locked in for at least 2 years. 

In his shoes, the only option I don’t take is a reduce wage at Leicester that only increases IF we get promoted. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Offer a new contract with a £15m release clause if we don't go up. Same wages as currently on but bonus if we go up and wage increase if we do.

If he says no, sell him.

That sounds far too smart for Rudkin. 

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

is that for certain? how do you know ?

Of course I don’t, but he’s ran his contract down for a reason hasn’t he.

Plus he hasn’t exactly been treated well here - Wouldn’t blame him for wanting out.

Be shocked if he signed an extension.

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And Nacho hasnt been crucial to any of it. 

Would love to get @StriderHiryu's view on this. 

I certainly saw value and positive contribution in Nacho's play in the games so far. 

He hasn't scored yet (thanks to the post!) but he seems to be suited to the false No.9 Enzo seems to have employed.

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Piroe just signed new 2 year deal if reports are true. 

That is the other big issue here. Yes, we could lose Nacho for free in 12 months, but we still need to replace him (and Daka) now. Who is out there? What cost? Will they sign? Does Enzo want to lose Nacho and replace him with the likely limited options out there? 10 days of the window left! 

Oh, didn't know that, shame if that's the case, not sure why piroe would sign for 2 Yr extension as better clubs were showing interest and he could walk on a free next season, unless he doesn't back himself or sees a future with Swansea 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Of course I don’t, but he’s ran his contract down for a reason hasn’t he.

Plus he hasn’t exactly been treated well here - Wouldn’t blame him for wanting out.

Be shocked if he signed an extension.

lots of players ran there contracts down under Rodgers, I don't know if that's linked but Enzo is a completely different manager who may make players actually want to stay and play under him.

Edited by whoareyaaa

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would love to get @StriderHiryu's view on this. 

I certainly saw value and positive contribution in Nacho's play in the games so far. 

He hasn't scored yet (thanks to the post!) but he seems to be suited to the false No.9 Enzo seems to have employed.

I don’t disagree, although I thought he was largely poor against Huddersfield. It’s so difficult to tell as we are only a few games in. I also think a huge amount will boil down to his attitude at Seagrave as well and none of us really know about that. 

I suppose I feel he was useful, just not indispensable. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

cup goals don't count, also got an assist

Got cup goals last season, we got relegated. 

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If he goes we will need 2 strikers assuming Daka is off.

Why any player would choose Palace over us though is bizarre as it is a step down ultimately despite the league status.

Palace are in the PL and have quite a decent looking side. It’s not a step down. 

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If he goes we will need 2 strikers assuming Daka is off.

Why any player would choose Palace over us though is bizarre as it is a step down ultimately despite the league status.

Is it a step though really?

If he’s supported by enzo and plays every week, he could quite comfortably score 20+ and help take us back to the prem. in which case, he probably signs a new deal anyway. Absolutely have to keep him, unless he is desperate to go. I always feel with nacho, that he needs a manager that will just let his donkey moments go and give him that security as our number 1 striker. It feels with him that as soon as he has a bag couple of games he’s been straight out. Needs that guarantee of game time and being the main man, and I’ll think he’ll stay.