Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

I think if your looking south of 15m & especially around the 10m then its not worth it.
They a mid-table Premier league team in need of fire power £20m thank you very much, that gives us a decent bit of wiggle room for replacements on wages & fees.

• Like 1

Too close to deadline day now, with how slow we seem to operate, we'll end up going into the season with old (but sometimes gold) Vardy and Daka, who's been frozen out already. 

Nacho seems to be the best fit out of what we have for Enzo's system. 

19 minutes ago, kingpower said:

great point. £15m minimum for Nacho based on the Adams deal. I'm pretty sure the club won't be able to refuse that given in last year of contract. I'm also sure that Enzo will have a long list of suitable fits should the scenario where we lose both Nacho and Daka play out

100% i think Maresca is demanding. He will not accept being short changed by the recruitment team and board. I’m confident whoever leaves will be replaced. Then again we do have a certain Mr RUDKIN around …  

I don't want him to go but if he isn't interested in a new contract then he should. 

I would like a bit of a target man in. We do seem to be putting a lot more balls in the box under Enzo, would be good for someone who can do something with them. 

We quite obviously can't lose Daka and Iheanacho both and I'd be concerned that the manager is showing zero interest of using Daka. For Daka to reinvent his career here he's going to need the manager to have faith. 

So realistically we'd have to sign if Iheanacho goes. I just don't think we'd be able to bring anyone in good enough for the amount of money we'd have to play with. 

So I just can't see us doing it. Think this is just another 2+2=5 article by a journo who's gone "umm, who is in the last year of their contract I can write an article about?" 

• Like 2

It's this kind of situation, that shows a manager for what he is. Enzo needs to earn his corn here. If he's told that the club will want to accept an offer of say £15m, he then has some big decisions to make. Does he swallow some pride, and go with Daka and Vardy, having kinda side-lined Daka already (although, tbf, he's never actually slated Daka)? Does he insist on getting a replacement in?

If it was down to me, as much as I like Iheanacho, the fact that he's in his last year of a contract, the fact that his stats aren't actually all that (puts tin hat on) and the fact that he's more than likely off the the AFCon for a month, where, in the Championship, probably means that he's going to miss 1million games, all adds up to selling him, but not until we secure our own replacement, possibly Piroe. I would also keep Daka, following the sale of Kel