Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Selling Iheanacho means we can play hardball with Daka rather than take a paltry loan offer last day of the window. Maresca may not like Daka but he's still a £25m player in the Championship with decent pedigree, sometimes you just have to work with what you have.

...it will make no difference to the value of Daka!!!

No minutes on the pitch, no space on the bench, that tells you that his price is being reduced on a weekly basis. He is not suited to the way we play, if Vardy struggles, Daka will even more so. You would have to drastically change the way Daka plays and look to play him in front of the opponent's defenders and not on the shoulder of the last defender. Neither he nor Vardy can play a "False #9" so we would have to bring in a striker with a vastly different skill set in order to fit the style we are playing. Archer would suit the role, and a lot of people seem to like that he can play various roles. If Maresca is pushing for Piroe then great if we can bring him in.

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And if he doesn't we've spunked another £15m up the wall again.

There has to be a balance of what he brings to us that is better than any other player in the squad or who we can buy bring and the cash. Keeping players until they run their contracts down and refusing big offers is not a feasible long term strategy, there has to be a balance. We can't keep spending hundreds of millions on players and no return.

Don't disagree with you. Just think he may stay for those reasons 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

What do we need more over the next 12 months in our promotion push, Iheanacho or £10milllion?

It’s Nacho all day long for me. 

I actually also think there is a strong chance he signs a new contract with us next summer if he helps get us promoted. 

Exactly, we can't be relying on a near 37 year old Vardy for the whole season. We'll be up sh*ts creak, sans paddle. Especially if Daka isn't going to feature.

Are we going to find a tested prem striker for similar money we'd be selling him for? I highly doubt it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And if he doesn't we've spunked another £15m up the wall again.

There has to be a balance of what he brings to us that is better than any other player in the squad or who we can buy bring and the cash. Keeping players until they run their contracts down and refusing big offers is not a feasible long term strategy, there has to be a balance. We can't keep spending hundreds of millions on players and no return.

I totally agree with you in most circumstances and we have been absolutely guilty of that in the past. However, I think that in this specific case with Iheanacho, where we are now, cost of replacing him, how long left there is in the window, and the likely fee we could get, it makes more sense to keep him. 

He is our best striker at the club, a proven goal scorer at a higher level, had a full pre season under Enzo, who clearly rates him. He is well settled and knows our club and squad inside out. His attitude despite being underused for so long, has been exemplary. Plus, if he has a good season and helps us gets promoted, I think there is a good chance he signs a new contract with us.

Replacing all that with very little time left in the window, will be very difficult and in my opinion is just not worth the £10-15million in the bank or partial contribution to signing an unproven striker at this club, who will have to settle, have had no pre season with Enzo and not have the same understanding Nacho does with the squad.

Daka is also clearly not favoured by Enzo, so we will have just Vardy if Nacho goes as well and then needing to sign 2 strikers. 

We absolutely should avoid allowing players to walk away for free and in most cases we should sell them before it gets to that point, but we have to give ourselves the absolute best chance of getting promoted this season and the money we will get from that will absolutely dwarf the idea of gaining £10million now but losing our starting striker. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

He is our best striker at the club, a proven goal scorer at a higher level, had a full pre season under Enzo, who clearly rates him. He is well settled and knows our club and squad inside out. His attitude despite being underused for so long, has been exemplary. Plus, if he has a good season and helps us gets promoted, I think there is a good chance he signs a new contract with us.

Replacing all that with very little time left in the window, will be very difficult and in my opinion is just not worth the £10-15million in the bank or partial contribution to signing an unproven striker at this club, who will have to settle, have had no pre season with Enzo and not have the same understanding Nacho does with the squad.

How do you know Enzo rates him?

He rates him more than the other two, that is all we know.

Do we really want to be signing him again if we get promoted?

How many goals has he scored since Enzo took over?

I think we probably should keep him but let’s not make assumptions and then post them as facts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If Iheanacho played for someone else, how many on here would be pleased if we took him on a year long loan and paid a £15m loan fee?

That's hypothetical as he may well sign a new contract or he may go for less at £10million as rumoured earlier, but if we play that game, you could also ask (hypothetically), is paying £10-15 million for a player that scores you the goals to get back to the Premier League with the £200million+ that brings, worth it? 

We can bend hypotheticals to push our narrative. Quite simply, it comes down to whether you think £10-15million is worth more to the club than Nacho right now. Taking everything into consideration that I posted above in my waffle, I would say Nacho is, and will bring more value to helping us achieve promotion, than the many IF's and unknowns that £10-15million can contribute to that aim. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I totally agree with you in most circumstances and we have been absolutely guilty of that in the past. However, I think that in this specific case with Iheanacho, where we are now, cost of replacing him, how long left there is in the window, and the likely fee we could get, it makes more sense to keep him. 

Daka is also clearly not favoured by Enzo, so we will have just Vardy if Nacho goes as well and then needing to sign 2 strikers. 

We absolutely should avoid allowing players to walk away for free and in most cases we should sell them before it gets to that point, but we have to give ourselves the absolute best chance of getting promoted this season and the money we will get from that will absolutely dwarf the idea of gaining £10million now but losing our starting striker. 

I'm certainly not saying your post is without merit as there clearly is a strong case for what you say.

For me it's all price dependent, a £10m offer I would agree with you. A £20m offer is a must sell and the tipping point is somewhere between the two.

Enzo may have to be forced to sell Iheanacho and integrate Daka if we have a big offer for one and not the other. Daka after all is a £25m striker with a pedigree that outshines virtually every other striker in the PL. He may not be ideal for Daka but sometimes you can't have everything you want and you have to work with what you have.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

How do you know Enzo rates him?

He rates him more than the other two, that is all we know.

Do we really want to be signing him again if we get promoted?

How many goals has he scored since Enzo took over?

I think we probably should keep him but let’s not make assumptions and then post them as facts.

Correction* rates him as our No.1 striker. Still prefer we don't have to replace our no.1 rated striker in the team, with so little time left in the window. I'd actually prefer we sold Daka now and bring in a 3rd striker with Nacho and Vardy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I'm certainly not saying your post is without merit as there clearly is a strong case for what you say.

For me it's all price dependent, a £10m offer I would agree with you. A £20m offer is a must sell and the tipping point is somewhere between the two.

Enzo may have to be forced to sell Iheanacho and integrate Daka if we have a big offer for one and not the other. Daka after all is a £25m striker with a pedigree that outshines virtually every other striker in the PL. He may not be ideal for Daka but sometimes you can't have everything you want and you have to work with what you have.

If we have a replacement in mind and that can be done before the window shuts, then £15-20million I could understand. 

There are so many unknowns though, so it is hard to gauge what the best decision would be. 

I like the way Nacho looks in Enzo's system so far, but you're right that everyone has their price, especially if a replacement is indeed ready to sign. 

• Like 1

Correction* rates him as our No.1 striker. Still prefer we don't have to replace our no.1 rated striker in the team, with so little time left in the window. I'd actually prefer we sold Daka now and bring in a 3rd striker with Nacho and Vardy. 

I think we’d all sooner see Daka sold as it’s unlikely we’ll ever play a style that suits him.

Vardy played against co* so can we assume that Iheanacho was rated No.1 striker by Enzo?

He clearly is now but that doesn’t mean that Enzo actually wants to play him as first choice very week, he may prefer to bring another striker, we have no idea.

That's hypothetical as he may well sign a new contract or he may go for less at £10million as rumoured earlier, but if we play that game, you could also ask (hypothetically), is paying £10-15 million for a player that scores you the goals to get back to the Premier League with the £200million+ that brings, worth it? 

We can bend hypotheticals to push our narrative. Quite simply, it comes down to whether you think £10-15million is worth more to the club than Nacho right now. Taking everything into consideration that I posted above in my waffle, I would say Nacho is, and will bring more value to helping us achieve promotion, than the many IF's and unknowns that £10-15million can contribute to that aim. 

No what is a hypothetical assumption is saying that Iheanacho is the difference between promotion or not.

Turning down £15m for Iheanacho is virtually paying £15m to have him here for a season. Come New Year he is free to talk to other clubs, it's no different to us approaching Piroe next year to get him on a free.

I remember posts on here saying we should turn down a hypothetical £12-15m for Tielemans in the January window as PL survival was worth £100m to us. We still went down anyway as there are no guarantees.

• Like 2

If we took off fan specs we should probably sell as he may be the best we have, but why is that a decisive factor? A new striker would arrive, and although Kel seems a natural striker for this system, something is off to me. Not sure if it’s his lack of natural aggression, have trouble pinning it down. Would be sad if he left, as he is mercurial, and just seems a lovely guy but on the other hand I also want us to start playing the percentages with new contracts and sales.

35 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He can hit double figures in the Prem. Would be a great move for a mid table side. I hope he doesn’t go, he offers a lot more than Vardy or Daka. Closest thing we have to a complete forward, and he can link play very well. 

He’s well short of being a complete striker,  never know which player is going to turn up, he has looked poor in a lot of games.

Edited by hackneyfox

Just now, 5waller5 said:

This is the simplest transfer ever. If we have a better replacement lined up (in Enzo’s eyes) then sell, if we don’t then it’s ridiculous to consider

Will likely need a replacement for Daka too. Need two strikers in before the window closes. 

I have complete faith is Rudkin. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No what is a hypothetical assumption is saying that Iheanacho is the difference between promotion or not.

Turning down £15m for Iheanacho is virtually paying £15m to have him here for a season. Come New Year he is free to talk to other clubs, it's no different to us approaching Piroe next year to get him on a free.

I remember posts on here saying we should turn down a hypothetical £12-15m for Tielemans in the January window as PL survival was worth £100m to us. We still went down anyway as there are no guarantees.

Most of that is hypothetical to be fair. We haven't accepted £15million. So far, it is just the usual rumours that go around. 

We have no idea his intentions, so to say we only get him for 1 more season may also not be true. 

The only true thing right now, is that Enzo is starting him and we are 4 from 4. 

Everything else is just our own opinions and assumptions and what we think might happen. 

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If Iheanacho played for someone else, how many on here would be pleased if we took him on a year long loan and paid a £15m loan fee?

I would be extremely unhappy with that deal.

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Will likely need a replacement for Daka too. Need two strikers in before the window closes. 

I have complete faith is Rudkin. 

faith in rudkin

makes the the number of people who have trust/faith in Rudkin to 1:ph34r:

im with you tho, we do need least a couple of striker if Daka and Kel go, need 1 anyway imo to replace Daka, as Vardy wont last all season now imo

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

faith in rudkin

makes the the number of people who have trust/faith in Rudkin to 1:ph34r:

im with you tho, we do need least a couple of striker if Daka and Kel go, need 1 anyway imo to replace Daka, as Vardy wont last all season now imo

I should have added the '...' after the faith bit lol

It is a concern though if we sell/loan Nacho and Daka with so little time left in the window. 

Shame that Daka just isn't fancied by Enzo. Relying on Vardy even as our No.2 striker worries my slightly. 

Ideally, would love to keep Nacho and bring someone else in to push him for that No.1 spot, with Vardy still contributing from the bench. 

• Like 1

Daka & Nacho will both be going to AFCON in Jan/Feb so we need at least one striker maybe two.

I am assuming that Daka will be gone & starting to look Nacho will be leaving as well. Good !!

It gives Maresca the opportunity to make the team his instead of trying to make players fit his system.