Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Absolutely ****ed it. Should have kept his nerve. The CB on for a forward tactic just never works. They needed to keep Real pinned back. The third centre back change just creates confusion because players lose their positioning- just look at the 2nd goal, total chaos.

Don't think he can be blamed here. Neur has had an absolute mare for the first, that catch is made 99% of the time..

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't think he can be blamed here. Neur has had an absolute mare for the first, that catch is made 99% of the time..

The second goal was chaos. No-one picking up Joselu. No-one picking up anyone for that matter.

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The second goal was chaos. No-one picking up Joselu. No-one picking up anyone for that matter.

Not directly caused by that additional centre half though. Munich have been defensively poor all year 

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No footballer should receive hate just for playing the sport, it's a game ffs. 

But I don't like Kane and that's not an England Wales thing. 

He's just always been someone who talks about individual records and achievement first and the team second. Bit like Ronaldo really. 

Just not something I like. 

Maybe it's not just down to bad luck (and Spurs) that he's never won a trophy.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

They're all complaining but he was still obviously offside?

I dunno. I'd like to see what the semi-automatic offside graphic looks like. It's clearly bloody close and Bayern deserved to let the referees prove that it was offside.

I'd be sick if that was given against us like that. If it's offside then prove it, surely?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not directly caused by that additional centre half though. Munich have been defensively poor all year 

We'll have to disagree on that then. I thought they were coping pretty admirably until that change.

*I should just add. Tuchel's other changes were poor too

Edited by Tielemans63

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

We'll have to disagree on that then. I thought they were coping pretty admirably until that change.

*I should just add. Tuchel's other changes were poor too

Respect that.

I thought it wasn't a bad move initially to try to control the transition better.

But I agree, then removing Kane and Musiala was asking for trouble and was a stupid move. Especially at 1-0, when a goal changes everything. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not only that, but when it is that close (even if he is just marginally offside), aren't the officials meant to play on? 

Yes, they are. Curious that they didn't 

They've messed so badly the rules of the sport it's becoming unbearable to watch any game of football. Why the linesman was so keen to raise his flag in milliseconds? Sometimes the attacker is 50 miles offside and they let the play unfold for another half an hour. Wtf is this joke? 

• Like 2

Be great if Dortmund see off Real in the final. 

Can't see it happening because of Real's sheer superiority on the pitch and in this competition though. Their record is insane. 

• Like 1