Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not only that, but when it is that close (even if he is just marginally offside), aren't the officials meant to play on? 

Bayern robbed of a goal at the end.

Could VAR not get involved ?

The officials were doing well till then .

Kane goes missing in a big game again. Can't think of him ever delivering in a big game for club or country. Euro Final, WC semi, 2016 run in, CL Final. He's a very good goal scorer, but a hat trick against Swansea, Panama or Koln in a big win, but failing to deliver in tight games especially against rival is why he's destined to win nothing.

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bayern robbed of a goal at the end.

Could VAR not get involved ?

The officials were doing well till then .

He was offside. So maybe they didn't follow protocol by playing on but it's not an injustice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Though if Neuer had made a very routine save they almost certainly would've gone through.

To be fair to him, the shot was coming at great speed plus a fairly lste awkward bounce too.

5 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Kane the best season of his career, playing for a side that hasn't gone trophyless in over a decade. If that isn't spursy I don't know what is. 

Poor Kane, playing for a team in white doesn’t suit him. 

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure as there was a hand maybe someone onside but well never know .

Pretty sure it was offside and VAR would've ruled it out. Bayern sound a bit desperate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Pretty sure it was offside and VAR would've ruled it out. Bayern sound a bit desperate 

The point is that it was extremely close either way, and the linesman clearly erred in raising the flag. It should have been a VAR decision.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Linesman has messed up there. 

That's where VAR should be correcting a genuine error. 

Yeah, when it’s that tight, not flagging isn’t an error either. Should be leaving it to the computer ti calculate. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Question - has anything dodgy like that ever gone AGAINST Real Madrid?

8 hours ago, bovril said:

He was offside. So maybe they didn't follow protocol by playing on but it's not an injustice.

8 hours ago, bovril said:

Mazraoui was onside.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

I'd understand the subs in a league game but if Madrid score one goal it goes to ET and you've removed much of your attacking threat and solid penalty takers. Did Tuchel really think the side that finished the game could play another 40 minutes and win?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I'd understand the subs in a league game but if Madrid score one goal it goes to ET and you've removed much of your attacking threat and solid penalty takers. Did Tuchel really think the side that finished the game could play another 40 minutes and win?

Apparently they were all injured..

Agree - you feel Madrid would have been too strong in extra time .

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The point is that it was extremely close either way, and the linesman clearly erred in raising the flag. It should have been a VAR decision.

Yeah it should have been, but I don't think Bayern can claim they've been robbed when it looked like it would've been ruled out anyway. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Kane goes missing in a big game again. Can't think of him ever delivering in a big game for club or country. Euro Final, WC semi, 2016 run in, CL Final. He's a very good goal scorer, but a hat trick against Swansea, Panama or Koln in a big win, but failing to deliver in tight games especially against rival is why he's destined to win nothing.

He came up with a perfect crossfield assist for their goal and was then inexplicably taken off...

Bayern hadn't had a sniff before their goal so not sure you can single just him out for being missing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Poor Kane, playing for a team in white doesn’t suit him. 

I think it's the whole team concept he struggles with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He came up with a perfect crossfield assist for their goal and was then inexplicably taken off...

Bayern hadn't had a sniff before their goal so not sure you can single just him out for being missing.

He also gave the ball away numerous times, I think he completed 4 passes all night. 

His all round play is often praised, so where was he dropping deep, or holding the ball up or bring his teammates into play. He's often praised for creating something from nothing, where was that? Truth its rarely there when his team truly needs it. Its there at 3-0 up against a relegation threatened team, but in the clutch moments, he doesn't stand up to the test.

Edited by Facecloth

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Just read on another site that Kane has played 16 semi finals in his career and has scored just the one goal from open play. I am too lazy to fact check it, but if true that’s pretty abysmal. 🫣

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Question - has anything dodgy like that ever gone AGAINST Real Madrid?

Mazraoui was onside.

Looks just off to me and they only scored because Real stopped playing.

Bayern just being typical Germans whinging about 'corrupt' southern Europeans. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Just read on another site that Kane has played 16 semi finals in his career and has scored just the one goal from open play. I am too lazy to fact check it, but if true that’s pretty abysmal. 🫣

And I think his only other goal was a penalty. I also read his goal to game ratio in games QF onward is something like a quarter of what it is the rest if the time.

I appreciate that Bayern probably were 2nd best last night, and in isolation, it's not solely Kane fault, but for a player who scores as many as he does, who is praised for his all round play, his performances over numerous crucial games for club and country haven't been good enough, he's done very little when it really matters. 

A lot of his goals and assists come in games where his team has won 5-0 and he's chipped in a couple. He's scored 44 for Bayern this year I think, which is no mean feat, but how much would Bayern swap on of those goals in a 5-0 win for him to score last night? How much would Spurs have preferred he squared the ball from a tight angle rather than shoot v Liverpool back in 2016 when they drew 1-1, in the same weekend Vardy in a similar position squared to Mahrez in a 1-0 win over Palace. This is Kanes issue, he's not a team player or a big game player and is just interested in personal accolades. He doesn't see the pass that will get his team a win if he sees a 0.1% chance of scoring. Kane will see this season as a great success, whilst it's been Bayerns worst in 12 years.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1