Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And I think that was a penalty. I also read his goal to game ratio in games QF onward is something like a quarter of what it is the rest if the time.

I appreciate that Bayern probably were 2nd best last night, and in isolation, it's not solely Kane fault, but for a player who scores as many as he does, who is praised for his all round play, his performances over numerous crucial games for club and country haven't been good enough, he's done very little when it really matters. 

A lot of his goals and assists come in games where his team has won 5-0 and he's chipped in a couple. He's scored 44 for Bayern this year I think, which is no mean feat, but how much would Bayern swap on of those goals in a 5-0 win for him to score last night? How much would Spurs have preferred he squared the ball from a tight angle rather than shoot v Liverpool back in 2016 when they drew 1-1, in the same weekend Vardy in a similar position squared to Mahrez in a 1-0 win over Palace. This is Kanes issue, he's not a team player or a big game player and is just interested in personal accolades. He doesn't see the pass that will get his team a win if he sees a 0.1% chance of scoring. Kane will see this season as a great success, whilst it's been Bayerns worst in 12 years.

I find it curious that any player would put themselves above the team in that way.  Now of course I will admit that I have a lot of anti spurs bias, even towards ex spurs players.  Kane was a thorn in our side for many years and I have to concede that his overall scoring record is phenomenal, but his career will be judged on trophies won, not on Golden Boots.  Thierry Henry had a similar poor record when it came to semi finals and finals for club and country.  However,  of course he played in much better teams and won the lot in his career.  It will be interesting to see if this is just a blip as far as Bayern are concerned, or whether Leverkusen and perhaps Dortmund will be able to erode their dominance. I really hope they can! 🤔

• Like 1