Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Football grub from other clubs

On 24/08/2023 at 17:55, Vlad the Fox said:

I was speaking to a Barnsley fan last night and mentioned their food, they said it’s the food vans outside in the fans park that sell the good stuff though the pies in the stadium are really good. I can remember the pies being good there over 30 odd years back when I first went (first away game) as a kid. In fact when I saw this thread title Barnsley’s pies where the first thing I thought of.

There's also a really decent chippy round the corner from Oakwell, as I recall.

Barely ever eat at grounds. Think the last time was a lamb shawarma at Brentford, which was tasty.

Amazing how big catering contracts at big clubs are being absolutely beaten hands down by in house or smaller catering operations further down the pyramid. It’s like no notices that things like food is better done in smaller batches and operations. Mass produced is cack!

It’s ridiculous on so many levels, and yet entirely unsurprising given the way things have gone now for some time. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Which clubs are the worse in terms of food quality (excluding possible LCFC mentions)?

Did the women's away game against Liverpool (at Tranmere's ground) on Sunday and the options were burgers or hotdogs, burger was a hockey puck of gristly oil and the buns were being pulled out of a big bin liner, that was special.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...