Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

41 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Don’t agree with this opinion of him doing a phenomenal job if we don’t go up. We’ll of bottled a 10+ points lead if we don’t go up automatically. 

We haven't bottled it! We're just going through a bad patch with our form. If we win next weekend and then after the international break we start winning because Ricky, Wilf and Kasey are back to full fitness we will get promoted and take the title. Keep the faith buddy, 💙🦊💙

• Thanks 1

Just now, KP Fox said:

We haven't bottled it! We're just going through a bad patch with our form. If we win next weekend and then after the international break we start winning because Ricky, Wilf and Kasey are back to full fitness we will get promoted and take the title. Keep the faith buddy, 💙🦊💙

And IF we do win next weekend we could have 3 Wembley Trips to look forward to this year! 😁💙🦊🏆🛡️

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

I wish I had your confidence. Hope you’re right. 

9 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Yup! THREE! count them up pal! One in April, One in May, One in August! How many is that? 

But what are they? FA Cup semi and final, and you’re thinking we’ll be in the playoff final?

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

See this a lot, and I am not having a go, but who says we have the best squad in the league? The media say it’s us, then it’s Leeds, then Southampton, it’s not quite so cut and dried I think, as those teams have quite a few players who were in the Premier League last season.

I am also glad you added the second point, as if we have this great squad (we don’t, we have great, really great, first team players) but when they are injured we are average, such that teams who graft and get in our face, can often get joy, teams such as Hull and nearly Sunderland.

I guess it's just personal opinion really, but the thing is, we have some bench players like Mcateer, Souttar, Cannon, Coady, Akgun, Doyle that would still get into quite a few squads in this league, so even with a few injuries, the squad as a whole is still good enough to outplay teams like Sunderland even if we have the odd spot on the pitch that is weaker from week to week. Sunderland and other teams all get injuries too. There are only 2 teams in this league that would look at their squad and think "yeah we are slightly better than Leicester", so in a theoretical world we could say that Leicester, Leeds and Southampton "should" win all of their games, but that has no impact on the fact we are far superior to the rest of the league. And we are top obviously, but the sheer amount of games that we have been well below par for 60 mins is just not acceptable for a team with our quality.

Every team has injuries, there are only 2 teams in the entire division that wouldn't swap teams with us. We are top, I can't complain about the position, but when you analyse every performance we have had so many games this season where we could have buried it 3-0/4-0 but we have ended up barely hanging on, or even dropping points. 

Most of us that have grumbled about the style (I love the Gegenpress so this just doesn't entertain me very much) have gone along with a lot of it because we should be improving as time goes on, but we are not.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

But what are they? FA Cup semi and final, and you’re thinking we’ll be in the playoff final?

Win the FA Cup and you get Community Shield

I assume that is the August one

Edited by moore_94

59 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

but what if he doesnt get this side promoted? cant see him being a very popular choice for clubs

I think his options will be limited if clubs actually look at some of his flaws here, Is a club going to take him on knowing regardless of his playing staff he simply won't change his style or be pragmatic? are clubs going to gamble knowing that he will need potentially a huge pot of money to build a squad that can suit his style? big risk unless you have the cash. 

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This may well be true but given our financial issues it seems pretty surprising to opt for a manager who has a very set way of playing that requires serious investment. He's not a manager who focuses on mental robustness and shithousery either like you would expect of an Italian manager which can make somewhat for a lack of ability. 

I feel the benefits of Enzo are going to be less and less realised and add in him learning on the job and making mistakes, it's very much up in the air right now. I'm not convinced we get promoted from here...

I think the biggest reason for our decline as a club is that we've become obsessed with appointing dogmatic managers yet don't fully recruit to buy into that style. It's out of kilter.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Livid said:

The financial mess the club is in, and I’m fully expecting a sanction of some kind next season, has drained my enthusiasm somewhat. 

What’s the point ? We go up and we’re financially constrained, we take a year’s PL cash but unless there’s a rabbit to be pulled from the hat we’re probably going to be back where we started. 

That plan that everyone seemed to be touting of let’s get relegated and rebuild in the championship is looking a little flawed right now. 

It always was ridiculous. If you need to get relegated to force changes through that should've been happening then you've got problems. Doing it in the Championship allowed us to probably take a couple more gambles on players who've paid off like Hermansen and Fatawu but in every other way imaginable it is worse for us to be here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Don’t agree with this opinion of him doing a phenomenal job if we don’t go up. We’ll of bottled a 10+ points lead if we don’t go up automatically. 

Harsh but if that’s your view - before the season started I thought we could be in real trouble. That home performance in the cup at home to Blackburn was our level - we were a complete shambles before he came in. People have very short memories

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I guess it's just personal opinion really, but the thing is, we have some bench players like Mcateer, Souttar, Cannon, Coady, Akgun, Doyle that would still get into quite a few squads in this league, so even with a few injuries, the squad as a whole is still good enough to outplay teams like Sunderland even if we have the odd spot on the pitch that is weaker from week to week. Sunderland and other teams all get injuries too. There are only 2 teams in this league that would look at their squad and think "yeah we are slightly better than Leicester", so in a theoretical world we could say that Leicester, Leeds and Southampton "should" win all of their games, but that has no impact on the fact we are far superior to the rest of the league. And we are top obviously, but the sheer amount of games that we have been well below par for 60 mins is just not acceptable for a team with our quality.

Every team has injuries, there are only 2 teams in the entire division that wouldn't swap teams with us. We are top, I can't complain about the position, but when you analyse every performance we have had so many games this season where we could have buried it 3-0/4-0 but we have ended up barely hanging on, or even dropping points. 

Most of us that have grumbled about the style (I love the Gegenpress so this just doesn't entertain me very much) have gone along with a lot of it because we should be improving as time goes on, but we are not.

I agree mate, pretty much my view as well. 

The tiredness, loss of players and not being able to strengthen arguments are not unique to us and we should have enough quality in frindge and loan players (that many of our opposition just don't have and would love to call upon) to cope with a missing 1st choice or two. It's not like we have 3 or 4 key every match,  we have had absentees even when we were doing well and not just during 'the blip'.  It's timed like these when a manager needs to adapt and improvise if his options are really hindered.

So I have a idea, how about we all wait until after the international break, so that Enzo has a two week rested, fully fit and available squad to hand. Then when we play the inevitable EnzoBall there should be no excuses that some have hi-lighted the already aforementioned problems as the contributing causes to our rough patch.  If we get back to winning ways also with an improved performance, then congratulations, you were all correct and the others were wrong ( but I don't care as we are back on track)

However if we are treated to more of the sh1t we are currently suffering with poor results then maybe the people who are actually suggesting that we may have been found out to a degree and Enzo needs to show some flexibility and adaption of his system should maybe, be cut some slack?   Just an idea people...

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I'm trying to suggest that in recent times neither manager was backed when it mattered. The fact Enzo couldn't sign a single player in January could be costly. Similarly, Rodgers only signed Bennett in January, which probably cost us champions league place.

Rodgers had ample opportunities throughout his tenure, you only have to look how he and Congerton invested the money to see that it wasn't down to lack of backing for the clubs demise.

As for Enzo, just how on earth do you expect the club to have backed him in January due to the financial position? In the summer, the club added either by purchase or loan, Hermansen, Coady, Doyle, Akgun, Mavidivi, Cannon and Fatawu. Do you not consider that reasonable backing? Together with certain academy products and existing players, bearing in mind you only have a squad of 25, that's plenty to try and get to gel and learn a new system when you've supposedly got one eye on FFP. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Another one who can't read or do critical analysis. Next.... 

Here's my next reply and a critical analysis for you - You can't take criticism! And another thing - your profile name looks like a typo! Either that or you created when you were pi$$Ed! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

See this a lot, and I am not having a go, but who says we have the best squad in the league? The media say it’s us, then it’s Leeds, then Southampton, it’s not quite so cut and dried I think, as those teams have quite a few players who were in the Premier League last season.

I am also glad you added the second point, as if we have this great squad (we don’t, we have great, really great, first team players) but when they are injured we are average, such that teams who graft and get in our face, can often get joy, teams such as Hull and nearly Sunderland.

I think it's a fair assessment seeing as we were by far the most established PL side with still a handful of players what won the FA Cup and back to back top 5 finishes and we spent the most in the summer too.

Whatever way people want to cut it, we've had a massive lead and it's now done to 4 points, it's been an iffy few months and stumbling across the line whilst crucial we get there will not be a massive achievement and will instead be a huge concern for our future but let's hope we end the season well.

23 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Here's my next reply and a critical analysis for you - You can't take criticism! And another thing - your profile name looks like a typo! Either that or you created when you were pi$$Ed! 

Easy KP Fox,  don't get nasty, it's a forum for discussion not to sling insults. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KP Fox said:

Yup! THREE! count them up pal! One in April, One in May, One in August! How many is that? 

Could be 4. Semi, final, play offs, charity shield. Mind you fa cup and play offs are the same weekend, which could pose a problem

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's a fair assessment seeing as we were by far the most established PL side with still a handful of players what won the FA Cup and back to back top 5 finishes and we spent the most in the summer too.

Whatever way people want to cut it, we've had a massive lead and it's now done to 4 points, it's been an iffy few months and stumbling across the line whilst crucial we get there will not be a massive achievement and will instead be a huge concern for our future but let's hope we end the season well.

It is a fair assessment, but it also fair to recognise the absolute dogs dinner we had been making of the last couple of seasons, it’s not enough to accept we were premier league without looking at our trajectory within it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Mind you fa cup and play offs are the same weekend, which could pose a problem

But the club could save a bit on petrol; go down for the cup final and just stay there for the play off final...

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Could be 4. Semi, final, play offs, charity shield. Mind you fa cup and play offs are the same weekend, which could pose a problem

Come on Super Steve! You ain't gonna Shin one in the playoffs final again! We're gonna win the title! 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Rodgers had ample opportunities throughout his tenure, you only have to look how he and Congerton invested the money to see that it wasn't down to lack of backing for the clubs demise.

As for Enzo, just how on earth do you expect the club to have backed him in January due to the financial position? In the summer, the club added either by purchase or loan, Hermansen, Coady, Doyle, Akgun, Mavidivi, Cannon and Fatawu. Do you not consider that reasonable backing? Together with certain academy products and existing players, bearing in mind you only have a squad of 25, that's plenty to try and get to gel and learn a new system when you've supposedly got one eye on FFP. 

I'll say it again, I'm not defending Rodgers, but at crucial times he wasn't backed, particular the January window when we only signed Bennett. As for Enzo, he wanted one signing only in January, Sensi, and we couldn't get that done because Rudkin couldn't get one of Ward, Souttar, Iheanacho, Praet off the books, yet again. The question that needs asking is how on earth has the club been allowed to get in a position when a manager who is pushing for promotion wishes to acquire one player for peanuts but is turned down. Luckily, I think we'll get across the line.

• Like 2