Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

10 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

I think Enzo thinks Harry Winks is a Rodri, KDH is De Bruyne and the back two are Dias and Stones. We will get smashed in the Prem. I'm Enzo out even if we go up, called Brendan out early as well.

The way he set us up for this game ( and others against decent teams) is pretty much suicidal. 

I’ll give him the benefit of doubt but he needs to learn this and come up with a Plan B. I was actually quite happy to see Vesty up front at the end as it showed we wasn’t just trying to do the same old like every other game 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

rushed to get Justin on, should have waited until Coady was ready too and done both together

Yeh I didn't mind the personnel changes as many seemed to, but using 2 windows for these 2 changes was a mistake.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

I'm Enzo out even if we go up, called Brendan out early as well.

Who do you want instead?

In his defence, I think we really needed Sensi to lighten the load on KDH and Winks - those two look absolutely knackered recently but we have no further options. Not getting Sensi (or someone else) in January was an error 

• Like 2

He is still early in his coaching career. At this point he is extremely effective at coaching attacking play, instilling a coherant philosophy, improving fitness, and setting up his team to dictate the terms of play. He appears to be a reasonably good man manager, although we haven't really seen him tested on that front yet. He is less skilled at adapting in-game, particularly when we go behind.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we didn't try to nick something we tried desperately to hold on, just like we did at Coventry

I think whatever he did would be futile as they had an extra man and potentially another 30 minutes with extra subs available if required. We cannot afford more injuries too.

I would have gone for it but chucking attackers on leaves more space for them. Damned either way, really.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

I think Enzo thinks Harry Winks is a Rodri, KDH is De Bruyne and the back two are Dias and Stones. We will get smashed in the Prem. I'm Enzo out even if we go up, called Brendan out early as well.

Good for you! Calling it early. It means you can say I TOLD YOU SO and look like a certified footballing mastermind. 

29 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Well all managers eventually leave. Did you call Brendan out early enough that it was before our second highest ever PL finish and FA Cup victory?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He was decent as a midfielder darting about, but he wasnt there when the balls came down that side, so would just run into the middle to block the goal

Agree. That's the system's fault, not his as such..

I think we agree on your original point - he played as well as you'd reasonably ask him to, but isn't Kyle walker and is unfair to ask him to be so 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree. That's the system's fault, not his as such..

I think we agree on your original point - he played as well as you'd reasonably ask him to, but isn't Kyle walker and is unfair to ask him to be so 

I think the original poster was right though, you cant play enzo ball without ricardo

The criticisms are valid unfortunately. Double digit point lead bottled, subs more often wrong than right, unreasonably favouring certain players and worst of all his arse has gone personally - no bravery in team selections, gameplan, tactics or subs. Sitting back to defend leads or points every time.

But as we've seen you won't get away with calling for him to be replaced, so we may just have to sit back and watch the biggest disaster and humiliation yet.

• Like 4

The irony is, we appear to have abandoned our controlled approach to football matches in favour of a cavalier approach which involves our whole team pressing the opposition high. 

A return to 'boring' football would probably do us a lot of favours at the moment.

Edited by Nod.E

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

A lot to learn still, too stubborn in one way fits all. In prem we be a liability defensively, gotta get there first unfortunately! 

This is also why we struggled against decent championship teams 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Said it in the match thread - needs to ditch the inverted fullback tactic when Ricardo doesn't play. It just does not work as the other alternatives aren't good enough in that role.

We don't actually have enough fit full backs though. He's fcuked us.

Maybe he could go 3-4-3 and play Albrighton and Justin but otherwise what we got?