Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I’m loathe to criticise Maresca, I rate him as a man and as a manager and we achieved great things for half a season. But this formation is done. It had a novelty factor and generated momentum but I no longer see a point in it. We’re meant to be drawing the opposition on - instead teams are sitting back and smacking the ball over the top. Our centre backs are getting sucked into midfield. We’re meant to be creating overloads - is anyone else seeing that? All I see is enormous gaps at the back and outnumbered attackers. The wingers are doing the same cut inside move everytime and there’s no space and no overlapping fullback to create width. Where are our players? I’d love to see the heatmap because I don’t know what half of them are meant to be doing anymore.

It’s time, Enzo. Adapt, or fail.

i’m all for a manager having a blue print and a style, but my concern has always been that this is not marescas… it’s a recreation of peps. Which for the league i’m fine with because our squad is on a higher level (akin to man city’s) but against equal or stronger teams, that’s when we will learn if enzo is the real deal because it’s beyond naive to think we can outplay everyone because of philosophy rather than quality. 

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we go up, I think this game is showing that either, we need a huge upgrade in quality (unlikely with the ffp situation) or we are going to have to adapt our style.

We look far too open. Burnley should genuinely be our case study in what not to do 

Totally agree. Not sure we get a chance to see if Enzo can adapt tho if he is restricted in the transfer market.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m all for a manager having a blue print and a style, but my concern has always been that this is not marescas… it’s a recreation of peps. Which for the league i’m fine with because our squad is on a higher level (akin to man city’s) but against equal or stronger teams, that’s when we will learn if enzo is the real deal because it’s beyond naive to think we can outplay everyone because of philosophy rather than quality. 

It’s not working against Championship sides, we don’t have a blueprint to create clear cut chances and we leave enormous gaps at the back.

• Like 1

Just now, KFS said:

I don’t want to turn on this guy but he’s really ****ing winding me up of late 

We have created chances in that half, just poor finishing and defending… The basics aren’t right and maybe you can put that down to bad motivation 

Don’t get chance to watch City anymore, prefer watching my eight year old lad play and we’re struggling at the minute.  Haven’t even seen any of the match and getting to the stage where not particularly bothered now.  Anybody else feel like that and that other things are a greater priority?

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I don’t actually think changing the formation or style for this game would be right. He’s working on something so scrapping that for a one-off game wouldn’t make sense. It’s more a situation where i hope he’s aware those changes need to be implemented on pre-season….. if we are successful in gaining promotion 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It’s not working against Championship sides, we don’t have a blueprint to create clear cut chances and we leave enormous gaps at the back.

well it clearly was working. We’ve had about 2 games all season where we weren’t the best side on the pitch. 

We create plenty, the issue is that we can’t hit a barn door with a banjo most of the time 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Just to be clear, I don’t actually think changing the formation or style for this game would be right. He’s working on something so scrapping that for a one-off game wouldn’t make sense. It’s more a situation where i hope he’s aware those changes need to be implemented on pre-season….. if we are successful in gaining promotion 

I think he’ll go five at the back if we go up.

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

well it clearly was working. We’ve had about 2 games all season where we weren’t the best side on the pitch. 

We create plenty, the issue is that we can’t hit a barn door with a banjo most of the time 

It was working aye. Now it’s not.

15 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It was working aye. Now it’s not.

all teams have blips in form. You don’t give up on an idea after a string of bad performances. If everyone is at their usual levels we win all the games we’ve dropped points in 🤷‍♂️