Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

The fact we used up our substitution windows, whilst still at 2 all, sums Enzo up currently for me. I find his game management odd.

Having a back four with a centre back as a left back and a centre midfielder as a right back just isn't going to work. Especially against Premier League oopposition. Chelsea's biggest threat was their pace, so we picked the slowest back four possible. The insistence of playing Faes too, is infuriating.

Edited by leicesterlad1989
  • Like 4

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

The fact we used up our substitution windows, whilst still at 2 all, sums Enzo up currently for me. I find game management odd.

Having a back four with a centre back as a left back and a centre midfielder as a right back just isn't going to work. Especially against Premier League oopposition. Chelsea's biggest threat was their pace, so we picked the slowest back four possible. The insistence of playing Faes too, is infuriating.

It was really weird.

We started the game open with about 3 defenders when they attacked. Then when down to 10 men he plays 5 at the back at 2-2 so basically no chance to score on the counter and nick it

• Like 4

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Said it in the match thread - needs to ditch the inverted fullback tactic when Ricardo doesn't play. It just does not work as the other alternatives aren't good enough in that role.

Fully agree. Hamza positionally is nowhere near good enough to play that role. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

The fact we used up our substitution windows, whilst still at 2 all, sums Enzo up currently for me. I find his game management odd.

rushed to get Justin on, should have waited until Coady was ready too and done both together

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Said it in the match thread - needs to ditch the inverted fullback tactic when Ricardo doesn't play. It just does not work as the other alternatives aren't good enough in that role.

Kind of agree but Enzo will never go away from his principles and do that. Unless he inverts a CB

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I get that, but thought Hamza was - again - very decent 

• Like 2

Whatever people think of Maresca and his tactics right now - and the jury’s verdict has clearly and justifiably swayed from unanimously in favour to deeply divided given the evidence of recent results and performances - the incontestable fact is that he will ultimately be judged on whether he gets us promoted or not.

Irrespective of what has gone before, these next nine matches will define him as a success or failure as Leicester City manager. Here’s hoping it is the former. There can be no middle ground.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Headcase said:

Dont fricking criticise him! Hes already stated if theres a doubt he's off! ...untouchable for the foreseeable 

Which I said at the time is mad, considering he is doing what he should be with this squad, facilities and how much we spent in the summer. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Which I said at the time is mad, considering he is doing what he should be with this squad, facilities and how much we spent in the summer. 

Its bonkers his first proper job, but threatens if i dont getcwhat i want im off! Im bigger than the club and you need me,  its dome arrogance...i do rate hime though just not his stubbornness or ego.

• Like 2

I liked that we had an obvious "down to 10 men" tactic of a back 5 which we obviously didn't away at Coventry. Agree that Coady for Ndidi should have been done at same time as JJ for Mavs though.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

The red card threw things off. Honestly I would have gone the other way and tried to go for it but I understand trying to keep it tight then try and nick something. 

we didn't try to nick something we tried desperately to hold on, just like we did at Coventry

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I get that, but thought Hamza was - again - very decent 

He was decent as a midfielder darting about, but he wasnt there when the balls came down that side, so would just run into the middle to block the goal

12 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

You play in a different way. Pep has played with 4 centre backs before very successfully. Better players but still no pace. We have limitations on who we can bring on that's good enough. 

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Whatever people think of Maresca and his tactics right now - and the jury’s verdict has clearly and justifiably swayed from unanimously in favour to deeply divided given the evidence of recent results and performances - the incontestable fact is that he will ultimately be judged on whether he gets us promoted or not.

Irrespective of what has gone before, these next nine matches will define him as a success or failure as Leicester City manager. Here’s hoping it is the former. There can be no middle ground.

It's only because he has become infected by Bredanitis

11 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

I think Enzo thinks Harry Winks is a Rodri, KDH is De Bruyne and the back two are Dias and Stones. We will get smashed in the Prem. I'm Enzo out even if we go up, called Brendan out early as well.

OK, I'll bite. Who do you want in?