Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

36 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I'll say it again, I'm not defending Rodgers, but at crucial times he wasn't backed, particular the January window when we only signed Bennett. As for Enzo, he wanted one signing only in January, Sensi, and we couldn't get that done because Rudkin couldn't get one of Ward, Souttar, Iheanacho, Praet off the books, yet again. The question that needs asking is how on earth has the club been allowed to get in a position when a manager who is pushing for promotion wishes to acquire one player for peanuts but is turned down. Luckily, I think we'll get across the line.

Firstly we'll never know who they tried to get or couldn't get. As for Bennett, yet another useless Rodgers choice. Neither do we know our financial position then.

As for your comments re Ward, Souttar, Iheanacho and Praet, you can't sell what nobody wants to buy or who doesn't want to go! Think about it! Iheanacho and Praet, who's going to offer decent money for players nearing the end of their contract? Why would either of them leave when they can see the contract out on good wages and then negotiate another signing on fee, would you? As for Ward, who logically would want him and pay similar inflated wages as to what he's on? Why would Ward go for less money? Souttar too on probably big and fairly long contract. If I was him I too would hang around and wait for the best deal. It really isn't that easy to sell sell sell 🤣.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KP Fox said:

Here's my next reply and a critical analysis for you - You can't take criticism! And another thing - your profile name looks like a typo! Either that or you created when you were pi$$Ed! 

Well, well. Congratulations. You are showing yourself to be as stupid as your posts implied.

One because you were not criticising me as you failed to understand and address the actual point I made. I'm more than happy to accept proper criticism and debate.

And two. My profile name is not a typo but is in the oldest language in these Isles and means The Valleys Fox. Llongyfarchiadau, coc oen. Look that up - it's not a typo either. 😂🦊

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Firstly we'll never know who they tried to get or couldn't get. As for Bennett, yet another useless Rodgers choice. Neither do we know our financial position then.

As for your comments re Ward, Souttar, Iheanacho and Praet, you can't sell what nobody wants to buy or who doesn't want to go! Think about it! Iheanacho and Praet, who's going to offer decent money for players nearing the end of their contract? Why would either of them leave when they can see the contract out on good wages and then negotiate another signing on fee, would you? As for Ward, who logically would want him and pay similar inflated wages as to what he's on? Why would Ward go for less money? Souttar too on probably big and fairly long contract. If I was him I too would hang around and wait for the best deal. It really isn't that easy to sell sell sell 🤣.

I think Sensi turning up at the training ground, passing a medical on deadline day is pretty conclusive evidence Enzo wanted him here. Secondly, so who's fault is it for giving these players inflated wages that means no one wants to or can afford to buy them. You seem to to be able to defend everything that suits you, so I'll just try to turn it around to my thinking. How do you know Bennett was a Rodgers signing? Praet has wanted to leave for at least 3 windows, why is he still here, if it's down to wages it us us that have put him out of the shop window, not the manager's fault? Why have players been allowed to get into the last 6 months of a contract with no sell on value, not the manager's fault? Why have we paid stupid money for Championship players and a back up goalkeeper from Liverpool, not the manager's fault? And lastly have you an insight into our financial position now, if we didn't know our financial position then,  because unless the club makes a statement or we are definitely charged, then it's all paper speculation? I'm not wanting to pick a fight, just trying to see the other side of the coin. I take your points on board and fully accept your points of view, I'm just trying to give an alternative perspective, which obviously differs from yours.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Well, well. Congratulations. You are showing yourself to be as stupid as your posts implied.

One because you were not criticising me as you failed to understand and address the actual point I made. I'm more than happy to accept proper criticism and debate.

And two. My profile name is not a typo but is in the oldest language in these Isles and means The Valleys Fox. Llongyfarchiadau, coc oen. Look that up - it's not a typo either. 😂🦊

I am very sorry fellow Fox

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

I am very sorry fellow Fox

Apologies accepted and all the best. We are all passionate about the club and desperate to see us to get over the line this season. It's a heated time. Sorry, too, for any personal jibes on my side. Pob hwyl. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

How are people saying Rodgers wasn’t backed?? We literally ruined the future of the football club to back him 😭😭😭

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Rodgers wasn't backed, I'm saying that in two consecutive January windows we didn't strengthen and that may have been the difference between Champions League football and not. Furthermore, I'd say his backing should have ended before the end of the January 2023 transfer window with his sacking. I believe we may have stayed up with a new manager with 3 months to improve the results rather than 6 games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I think Sensi turning up at the training ground, passing a medical on deadline day is pretty conclusive evidence Enzo wanted him here. Secondly, so who's fault is it for giving these players inflated wages that means no one wants to or can afford to buy them. You seem to to be able to defend everything that suits you, so I'll just try to turn it around to my thinking. How do you know Bennett was a Rodgers signing? Praet has wanted to leave for at least 3 windows, why is he still here, if it's down to wages it us us that have put him out of the shop window, not the manager's fault? Why have players been allowed to get into the last 6 months of a contract with no sell on value, not the manager's fault? Why have we paid stupid money for Championship players and a back up goalkeeper from Liverpool, not the manager's fault? And lastly have you an insight into our financial position now, if we didn't know our financial position then,  because unless the club makes a statement or we are definitely charged, then it's all paper speculation? I'm not wanting to pick a fight, just trying to see the other side of the coin. I take your points on board and fully accept your points of view, I'm just trying to give an alternative perspective, which obviously differs from yours.

1. Sensi - yes of course Enzo wanted him here, the club wanted him here also, but the deal changed at the death. Leicester wanted a loan until the end of the season as they couldn't buy unless they sold one first. Enzo new that, he repeated that on several occasions in the media in interview. Milan new that. Leicester couldn't buy because of well publicised FFP issues, what don't you get. Arguably Milan have bitten their nose off to spite their own face in the end. You never really know the truth in these things. 

2. Bennett was a Rodgers signing because he said so in the media, he'd played for him before and knew him.

3. Players aren't necessarily allowed to get into the last 6 months of their contract out of neglectfulness because if no-one wants to buy them, or if the players don't want to move their's nothing the club can do. If you were a player with a family and you were offered a club that you didn't want to go to in order to earn less money, would you uproot your family and go? Better to stick it out to become a free agent and wait for the offers. 

4. Ward from Liverpool, you've absolutely got me there, no defence that I can see, 12m? 🤣. He isn't going anywhere is he, he'd be a mug. It's just a job with very good wages at the moment, the likes of which I doubt he'll see again. 

5. As for our financial position now or in the past who knows the truth eh. Plenty of media speculation much of which is probably guesswork to get clicks. As for past inflated wages that I'm sure seem ludicrous to both of us, I  can only say that I too find it difficult. Perez for instance is a good example. He was definitely a Rodgers signing and I can only presume that if he was particularly pushing hard for Perez and if Newcastle, the players agent and player wouldn't budge from certain figures, then they have to make a decision, bearing in mind they probably trust and want to  back a then relatively new manager, a decision has to be made. We as a club are perhaps a little bit like Middlesbrough of old, we're not a London or Manchester club, our prospects will only be perceived as being at a certain level, Leicester itself is hardly seen as a great place to be and therefore, the chances are, a certain amount of compensation may have to be paid in terms of an attractive salary to get certain players here in the first place. It's ok saying we should stick in for players that are gagging to come here at the right price but, there's no point in buying what are perceived to be inferior players at the time merely because they're cheap. Pressure is also piled on by agents waiting until the last minute before a new season starts. We also needed a squad that was ideally seen as being stronger in depth due to European commitments. 

When you say Rodgers signing, there is a difference between a manager wanting someone and the DofF agreeing to a silly transfer fee, the length of contract and their weekly salaries. Like I've said I'm not trying to defend Rodgers, I'm just pointing out that I feel at times our DofF has made some pretty rash decisions.

17 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I'll say it again, I'm not defending Rodgers, but at crucial times he wasn't backed, particular the January window when we only signed Bennett. As for Enzo, he wanted one signing only in January, Sensi, and we couldn't get that done because Rudkin couldn't get one of Ward, Souttar, Iheanacho, Praet off the books, yet again. The question that needs asking is how on earth has the club been allowed to get in a position when a manager who is pushing for promotion wishes to acquire one player for peanuts but is turned down. Luckily, I think we'll get across the line.

Club paid stupid money for these players given their ability, no doubt gave them huge wages to sign, so it's no surprise we can't get rid of them. Who would want these players, especially when they've underperformed in recent seasons?

I don't rate Rudkin as much as the next fan, but I imagine the job of getting rid of these players is more difficult than you think. Even more so in a window that's open for a month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Club paid stupid money for these players given their ability, no doubt gave them huge wages to sign, so it's no surprise we can't get rid of them. Who would want these players, especially when they've underperformed in recent seasons?

I don't rate Rudkin as much as the next fan, but I imagine the job of getting rid of these players is more difficult than you think. Even more so in a window that's open for a month.

But that's my point - it was Rudkin that gave them these ridiculous lucrative contracts in the first place. That's the reason we are stuck with them. As another poster alluded to, why would you uproot for less money when you can just sit it out and run your contract down. 

• Like 2

Just now, MGLCFC said:

But that's my point - it was Rudkin that gave them these ridiculous lucrative contracts in the first place. That's the reason we are stuck with them. As another poster alluded to, why would you uproot for less money when you can just sit it out and run your contract down. 

Sorry man, I may have jumped in, yeah totally agree then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Rodgers wasn't backed, I'm saying that in two consecutive January windows we didn't strengthen and that may have been the difference between Champions League football and not. Furthermore, I'd say his backing should have ended before the end of the January 2023 transfer window with his sacking. I believe we may have stayed up with a new manager with 3 months to improve the results rather than 6 games.

very much doubt we'd have got champions league because we know he'd have signed more crappy players. crappy players that would probably still be here and not playing and on massive wages 

if we go up, I think this game is showing that either, we need a huge upgrade in quality (unlikely with the ffp situation) or we are going to have to adapt our style.

We look far too open. Burnley should genuinely be our case study in what not to do 

• Like 3

The tactics of not playing full backs - particularly when we have Ricky, JJ and another out on loan, is looking increasingly bizarre

I called it early season. Kept schtumm as you can't argue with results. But once the results dry up, it's all there to see

• Like 2