Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Yet it worked for a long time this season and gave us a massive lead! Agreed perhaps a few tweeks are perhaps now required but, in most games we've created a host of goalscoring chances that have been shamefully squandered and that has cost us dearly. 

And now it's not working.... a system that requires composure comes unstuck in tough spells, who would have predicted that???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And now it's not working.... a system that requires composure comes unstuck in tough spells, who would have predicted that???

I think any system can seem flawed without composure from your strikers. You could play a traditional 442 but if Daka blazes it over the top from 5yds out the result is the same. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Good post, agree with loads of it.

The final paragraph though.  Why do you think that?  I'm not saying you are wrong ( or right 🤪) but it's a big "hunch" my friend..  

I'm genuinely curious 

Just his interviews, he always seems to distance himself from talking about the backroom staff, and his happy to say he will go as soon as people lose faith in his philosophy. I just have a gut feeling that there’s a bit of discord between him and the board. I just feel that he will happily challenge them, whereas Rodgers for example would have sat and just waited to be sacked and paid off. 

Nothing but a hunch. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It was a Joke. According to many on here if you want us to have a plan B it means you want the ball lumped up field to a target man all game. 

fair enough

• Like 1

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

I didn't listen to it.  Did he actually say Enzo said that?

If that's the case he can Jog On,

No one is bigger than the club ,  add that to his I'll leave tomorrow if the ideology is questioned remark concerns me a bit.

You're a new manager cutting your teeth Enzo not a Klopp or  Sir Alex who have the CV and management history to back them selves up.

He was of course paraphrasing and acting like his spokesperson but it wasn't a good listen. Very abrasive to any, and I mean any, sort of questioning of Enzo. He wouldn't go as so far as to speak on behalf of him, yet didn't mind making out Enzo is dealing with players much below the standard he needs for his system - such as Vestegaard being easily outdone on occasions against Chelsea. That got the response "you expect him to find a quick, quality premier league centre back for his system?" 

A lot of it was arrogant and self serving. I don't think he does Enzo any favours and by sounds of it he hasn't done the managers he's done this for in the past any favours too.

The hard done by act and telling us he only has 15 players he trusts really irks me. There's is plenty of managers who could get use out of the 25, and a lot of the players we let out on loan. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

He was of course paraphrasing and acting like his spokesperson but it wasn't a good listen. Very abrasive to any, and I mean any, sort of questioning of Enzo. He wouldn't go as so far as to speak on behalf of him, yet didn't mind making out Enzo is dealing with players much below the standard he needs for his system - such as Vestegaard being easily outdone on occasions against Chelsea. That got the response "you expect him to find a quick, quality premier league centre back for his system?" 

A lot of it was arrogant and self serving. I don't think he does Enzo any favours and by sounds of it he hasn't done the managers he's done this for in the past any favours too.

The hard done by act and telling us he only has 15 players he trusts really irks me. There's is plenty of managers who could get use out of the 25, and a lot of the players we let out on loan. 

I wonder if the interview is available on BBC sounds?   I'll check.

There's no smoke without fire as they say, and I gather a lot of the stuff coming out of his mouth could have been actually fueled by Enzo's own "hidden / out of the press" feelings. Which if it is the case its a bit of a concern and smacks to me as a touch on the arrogant side.  He knew full well when he joined that he wouldn't be getting a Man City Budget. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I wonder if the interview is available on BBC sounds?   I'll check.

There's no smoke without fire as they say, and I gather a lot of the stuff coming out of his mouth could have been actually fueled by Enzo's own "hidden / out of the press" feelings. Which if it is the case its a bit of a concern and smacks to me as a touch on the arrogant side.  He knew full well when he joined that he wouldn't be getting a Man City Budget. 

It's on the When You're Smiling Podcast

He's been given the best ever championship squad by some distance and it's felt reduced to a tired, small squad lacking in belief recently. I have been a fan of his up until a point but it's become impossible to defend recent decision making. 

My biggest worry in the summer is us not having time to slowly implement a philosophy in a season we need results to get back straight away. All those worries were put to the back of my mind because we were getting results (for me, alot of the time in spite of the system). But now it's all coming to the surface and it's worrying how he deals with things.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

If we don’t go up it’s down to Enzo, find it bizarre if he’s going to throw his toys out of the pram for his own failure. 

Feel like the points deduction fiasco gives him a free pass to blame that now. 

I don't see him getting much more than an average job abroad if this goes tits up.

25 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Feel like the points deduction fiasco gives him a free pass to blame that now. 

I don't see him getting much more than an average job abroad if this goes tits up.

Nope, it’ll be embarrassing to take one of the strongest sides ever to play in this league, get a 15 point lead and then shit the bed

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

If we don’t go up it’s down to Enzo, find it bizarre if he’s going to throw his toys out of the pram for his own failure. 

No it isn't down to Enzo. He's been badly let down by others.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

So we can blame Rodgers for relegation but not Enzo for cocking this one up?

No, There's a big difference Rogers proved incompetant, he had the full backing From the Board.

Enzo hasn't had that yet and he certainly hasn't proved himself incompetant. Not yet anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

So we can blame Rodgers for relegation but not Enzo for cocking this one up?

Rodgers played a big part in our relegation with his team selections and his signings and if the release of Kasper was down to him then another blunder, although those above have let this happen so they are accountable as well

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Top and Rudkin

Ok.  And how?

The vast majority of the problems we are suffering  currently with regards to our poor performances on the pitch,  struggling in matches, results not going our way etc. are purely 'playing related'

Top and Rudkin have no direct involvement or ability to affect them, certainly at the level needed.

The following is were I think you think they have let Enzo down... ( This is a guess and pls feel free to correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree)

Yes I appreciate their involvement is higher up the chain, say in player acquisitions along with the day to day running of the club at a commercial level so that in turn enables us to complete within the transfer arena, and on that front to a certain degree** they have come up wanting. But this is only a small part of our current woes.

** You have to remember they did back him in pre-season and we as a team were brilliant at the beginning (so it's hard to say Top and Rudkin let him down here after our great start)  and until the recent 'blip' everyone was happy with the team when it was winning both before and after the transfer window) so their direct influence would only be in affect during the transfer windows ( yes they could have done better in Jan possibly) then its back to playing related matters of which they have no direct input.

To get us winning again and to improve our on pitch performance with a squad that had proven its capable of doing so, is down to Enzo.

He chooses the tactic's,  he chooses the match day squad (which as mentioned we were all happy with when winning), he chooses the in -game operations like subs, he's in charge of motivation, and training. These are the important attributes that define if we win or loose and the things he's paid to do and is judged upon, and if we want promotion needs to get right.

So it is down to him..

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ok.  And how?

The vast majority of the problems we are suffering  currently with regards to our poor performances on the pitch,  struggling in matches, results not going our way etc. are purely 'playing related'

Top and Rudkin have no direct involvement or ability to affect them, certainly at the level needed.

The following is were I think you think they have let Enzo down... ( This is a guess and pls feel free to correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree)

Yes I appreciate their involvement is higher up the chain, say in player acquisitions along with the day to day running of the club at a commercial level so that in turn enables us to complete within the transfer arena, and on that front to a certain degree** they have come up wanting. But this is only a small part of our current woes.

** You have to remember they did back him in pre-season and we as a team were brilliant at the beginning (so it's hard to say Top and Rudkin let him down here after our great start)  and until the recent 'blip' everyone was happy with the team when it was winning both before and after the transfer window) so their direct influence would only be in affect during the transfer windows ( yes they could have done better in Jan possibly) then its back to playing related matters of which they have no direct input.

To get us winning again and to improve our on pitch performance with a squad that had proven its capable of doing so, is down to Enzo.

He chooses the tactic's,  he chooses the match day squad (which as mentioned we were all happy with when winning), he chooses the in -game operations like subs, he's in charge of motivation, and training. These are the important attributes that define if we win or loose and the things he's paid to do and is judged upon, and if we want promotion needs to get right.

So it is down to him..

Because they are the ultimate arbutractors. Certainly Top is. He has the power to make any decision as Chairman of the Club.

Top wanted Rogers for a longtime and backed him 100% to our detriment. Rudkin stood by and allowed it to happen. I guess it's a case of the boss is always right.

You have to divide it into two sections. There's the Running of the Club and there's the management of the Team.

They did'nt back him they let him down by not getting in the players he wanted signed in the Summer. What we got was essentially inexperienced loans and Coady at a modest fee.

The rest were Rogers Squad but that's all he had to work with.

Think of it another way. If you wanted a nice Cabinet made by a Cabinet maker would you expect him to make it with Blunt Tools. No you would'nt, but thats what Enzo has been asked to do.

He's had 2 weeks pre season to work with a squad of roughly 15 players as the rest are surplus to requirements for various reasons. Yet the Team has done remarkably well until recently.

Don't you think that's down to Enzo and his staff and the players. He's working with effectively one had tied behind his Back. When injuries came as they lways do in such a long season he's

had do by playing inexperienced players out of position. That's not his fault that where the Club have let him down badly.  That's what makes our achievement todate so amazing.

Tactics and systems play a part but you also need the players to be able to play within that system. We don't really have that. Our lack of pace at the back is just one example.

Yes he has to pick the players up and get them performing again that's part of his job. It would be great if he had a squad of 25 talented players to choose from. But he doesn't.

So he has to hope that any young players he brings on perform on the day. That's a lot of responsibility to put on a young player who's finding his way. 

Otherwise he's picking from a squad of 15 that he trusts and some of them are suffering from burnout. I can see it in their performances compared to early season.

As I've said earlier I think we'll just about make it, But the winning line cant come quickly enough for us.

I've seen many Mangers come and go over the years and I'd put Enzo right up there with Pearson and a few others as the best.

If he does get us promoted, That will be a remarkable achievement given the limited resources he's had to work with.

With all that's going on off the field with the Club I hope he stays for a few more years. Because with the support and financial backing from the Club I feel he can take us back to the top.

Given the chance to sign his own Players and buiild his own team I'm certain he can take us back to the top of the Premier league.

From there anything is possible.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Because they are the ultimate arbutractors. Certainly Top is. He has the power to make any decision as Chairman of the Club.

Top wanted Rogers for a longtime and backed him 100% to our detriment. Rudkin stood by and allowed it to happen. I guess it's a case of the boss is always right.

Is this a Suffolk judge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ok.  And how?

So it is down to him..

This is 100% correct.

Yep, Balague is an Enzo fan but the broader point applies - the fans need to properly get behind the team at home (the fans going to away matches have been brilliant), whatever is happening off the pitch. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

You have to divide it into two sections. There's the Running of the Club and there's the management of the Team.

They did'nt back him they let him down by not getting in the players he wanted signed in the Summer. What we got was essentially inexperienced loans and Coady at a modest fee.

The rest were Rogers Squad but that's all he had to work with.

Think of it another way. If you wanted a nice Cabinet made by a Cabinet maker would you expect him to make it with Blunt Tools. No you would'nt, but thats what Enzo has been asked to do.

He's had 2 weeks pre season to work with a squad of roughly 15 players as the rest are surplus to requirements for various reasons. Yet the Team has done remarkably well until recently.

Don't you think that's down to Enzo and his staff and the players. He's working with effectively one had tied behind his Back. When injuries came as they lways do in such a long season he's

had do by playing inexperienced players out of position. That's not his fault that where the Club have let him down badly.  That's what makes our achievement todate so amazing.

Tactics and systems play a part but you also need the players to be able to play within that system. We don't really have that. Our lack of pace at the back is just one example.

Yes he has to pick the players up and get them performing again that's part of his job. It would be great if he had a squad of 25 talented players to choose from. But he doesn't.

So he has to hope that any young players he brings on perform on the day. That's a lot of responsibility to put on a young player who's finding his way. 

Otherwise he's picking from a squad of 15 that he trusts and some of them are suffering from burnout. I can see it in their performances compared to early season.

As I've said earlier I think we'll just about make it, But the winning line cant come quickly enough for us.

I've seen many Mangers come and go over the years and I'd put Enzo right up there with Pearson and a few others as the best.

If he does get us promoted, That will be a remarkable achievement given the limited resources he's had to work with.

With all that's going on off the field with the Club I hope he stays for a few more years. Because with the support and financial backing from the Club I feel he can take us back to the top.

Given the chance to sign his own Players and buiild his own team I'm certain he can take us back to the top of the Premier league.

From there anything is possible.

That is a very impassioned defence of Enzo.

A few things I would disagree with; he was backed as far as we signed,

Fatawu and Mavadidi both of whom have performed well this season and have potential to perhaps push on in the premier league.

I would argue that Winks, in his position, is as good as Maddison was in his.

Coady, although he has not played a lot, is a fantastic back up for a strong backline.

One of the best young goalkeepers in Europe.

A squad that even without Maddison and Barnes that would be expected to be in at least the top 6 of the championship.

To his credit Enzo was very good at the beginning of the season at reuniting the squad and getting his ideas over in a very short space of time to make an exceptional start to the season.

So considering all the financial turmoil at the club he has been backed very well.

If Enzo gets us promoted he will have achieved something that Pearson has achieved and then if he keeps us in the premier league next year he will come close to Pearsons status, in my opinion.