Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

10 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

If he is gone,he may well be found out.

Not a lot of flexibility in his thinking or methodology 

Arrrr. Beat me to it, and I agree.

Some posters on here have voiced similar remarks about his inflexibility and the fact we as fans can predict how we will set up and play regardless of the opposition.

It feels like the other managers in the league have done it also, and shown the flexibility that Enzo lacks to adapt their playing styles, team selections and starting formations to nullify us.

So if the posters on here and the managers out there seemed to have "found him out". Surly the owners of clubs will cotton on as well. 

If the worst should happen and we don't go up, even via the play off's then the fact we chucked a 14 point lead away after a brilliant start to this seasons campaign, should be alarm bells to prospect employers. Certainly with the squad we have and was good enough (and still is) from the off.

• Like 1

People need to look at data like this

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfred-ndidi/leistungsdaten/spieler/274839
Just as an example, the squad  cannot cover for Wilf being out and in fact it’s laughable we have the best squad in the league.

Best first XI sure, best squad, no.

Our depth is mid table.

Our wingers, if Steph or Abdul out of form, who do we bring on? Who do Leeds bring on? Gnonto or James, that is obviously preferable.

Our midfield is light in options.

Our defence is poor (apparently)

Goalkeeper, sure, Mads is top tier.

Only my opinion though.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just as an example, the squad  cannot cover for Wilf being out and in fact it’s laughable we have the best squad in the league.

Our depth is mid table.

Our wingers, if Steph or Abdul out of form, who do we bring on? Who do Leeds bring on? Gnonto or James, that is obviously preferable.

Only my opinion though.

Our depth isn't mid table

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Our depth isn't mid table

Maybe that is harsh, but it is not great, key personnel missing causes more issues than it should as our backups are not of sufficient quality.

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Our depth is mid table.

Only my opinion though.

I couldn’t agree more, when you look at Leeds attacking options especially put wide, they are head and shoulders ahead of us. 

Yes Enzo has an ideology of how he wants to play and it’s an ideology that the club also want, so in reality they have to provide him the tools to be able to do that. 

it may well be the, or one of the most expensive squads to be relegated but it doesn’t mean it’s well balanced or packed full of high quality options in each and every position. 

The truth is the club has been terrible at shifting players on and we are in a situation where we have installed a manager to play a certain style but asking him to use players who are not necessarily fit for purpose. 

I think there will be a parting of the ways not because Enzo expects the very best players, but because I think he recognises that the club needs a massive refresh and he has high expectations of how the club operates, and too be honest the fall out of the last few weeks does not scream world class, it is rank amateurism. 

I think the only way Enzo stays beyond the end of the season, will be if Top clears out the deadwood that is holding the  club back and that is both on and in particular off the pitch. The inability of the Director of Football to move on unwanted squad players is an area of absolute concern and failure, and has to be addressed if we harbour any serious ambitions of being a competitive premier league club again. 

However as much as I like Enzo, the other point is, we absolutely need everyone to be 100% committed to the club, if people don’t want to be here then it’s is better for everyone if we shake hands and move on,  we have seen first hand the detrimental impact of having players and management who have checked out. 

Whichever way we look at it I think we are in for a summer of upheaval, Top has to be decisive, straight  after the season ends he has to make the decision, either back Enzo and make the necessary changes to support him or back Rudkin and co and accept that we go in yet another direction. 

• Like 1

I'm not so convinced Enzo will leave whether we go up or not - won't be a great look abandoning ship either way imo. 

I think this is bluster. How many clubs are going to want to take a chance on someone supposedly that stubborn? Someone probably will but its unlikely to be anywhere as favourable (squad wise) as it was starting here.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Our depth is mid table.

Only my opinion though.

I'll try and be balanced here with my post.  But you do make valid points.

I agree with most of it,  and the debacle behind the scenes and apparently poor running has hindered the ability to create better squad depth.

Did the club promise the world to Enzo with regards to backing when he first joined, we'll never know, but surely he should have had some idea that to fully adopt EnzoBall it would take Man City amounts of backing, and he was never going to get that outside of the Big Six, again we'll never know what he was told on that front. But did he not look at the squad and certainly after the big name departures and based his plan to utilise the tools at hand during pre-season?

Your Wilf point.. Yes we are better with him but in all fairness this is where Enzo needs to earn his pay and to coin one of his own phrases, "Find a solution"  and we come back to the flexibility and adapting argument again.

Yes our squad depth could be better and with better running should have been stronger, but it didn't seem to matter when we were 14 points clear and flying.

6 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I'll try and be balanced here with my post.  But you do make valid points.

I agree with most of it,  and the debacle behind the scenes and apparently poor running has hindered the ability to create better squad depth.

Did the club promise the world to Enzo with regards to backing when he first joined, we'll never know, but surely he should have had some idea that to fully adopt EnzoBall it would take Man City amounts of backing, and he was never going to get that outside of the Big Six, again we'll never know what he was told on that front. But did he not look at the squad and certainly after the big name departures and based his plan to utilise the tools at hand during pre-season?

Your Wilf point.. Yes we are better with him but in all fairness this is where Enzo needs to earn his pay and to coin one of his own phrases, "Find a solution"  and we come back to the flexibility and adapting argument again.

Yes our squad depth could be better and with better running should have been stronger, but it didn't seem to matter when we were 14 points clear and flying.

Also agree with a lot of that, as flexibility is arguably the most important facet of a relegated team.
To his negative side,  yes you can aim to be a Man City light long term but as you point out you cannot assume you have the players after the inevitable player churn of relegation.

To defend him, it really  is a difficult problem as until the wheels feel off, you are inevitably raising expectations week on week, but when they do (They have for all of the relegated three clubs at some point) you have to be able to react, either with suitably decent replacements for injuries to critical players (my point above) OR adapt and utilise different players in an alternate way/system (Your point I think, unless I misunderstood)

The choice of approach to such a downturn would depend on what you board level expectations are (where are the players you said were arriving?) and your own level of experience I assume.
Yes we dropped a lot of points in his run in, a lot I put down to my point, a lot down to Leeds arriving at perfect form at the right time, Ipswich doing amazing, and plenty down to your point.
Lots of moving parts but as fans we don’t like what it has meant for us.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Our depth is mid table.

Only my opinion though.

We went down with 3 strikers who would be sought after in this league. We hired a manager that plays 1 striker. We sold 0 strikers and decided to signed another striker for 8 million.

There's levels in this game and we operate way above my understanding and comprehension.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Also agree with a lot of that, as flexibility is arguably the most important facet of a relegated team.
To his negative side,  yes you can aim to be a Man City light long term but as you point out you cannot assume you have the players after the inevitable player churn of relegation.

To defend him, it really  is a difficult problem as until the wheels feel off, you are inevitably raising expectations week on week, but when they do (They have for all of the relegated three clubs at some point) you have to be able to react, either with suitably decent replacements for injuries to critical players (my point above) OR adapt and utilise different players in an alternate way/system (Your point I think, unless I misunderstood)

The choice of approach to such a downturn would depend on what you board level expectations are (where are the players you said were arriving?) and your own level of experience I assume.
Yes we dropped a lot of points in his run in, a lot I put down to my point, a lot down to Leeds arriving at perfect form at the right time, Ipswich doing amazing, and plenty down to your point.
Lots of moving parts but as fans we don’t like what it has meant for us.

You were spot on with my assumptions bud.

As you said lots of moving parts. 

Only Top can do something about the corporate side and start swinging his axe ( and we all know a certain gentleman who'd head needs to roll first)  or sell up if his heart's not in it anymore. But that's time consuming process and one of end of the season.

But the "quick fix" to try and address on pitch antic's could start Monday.... Over to you Enzo ..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Our depth is mid table.

Only my opinion though.

Our squad is imbalanced. We have the best two goalkeepers, best defence and best strikers to choose from. Central midfield and out wide and the system we use is what makes our lack of options in those areas a major issue.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Now we don't have the money for it, I have absolutely no faith we can play anything like this in the division above or actually even this one. It's all gone absolutely to shit. 

The appointment was exciting, showed a nice vision, and was wildly successful until January.

The financial management has been a shitshow and will I fear be our undoing when he ****s off to Brighton in summer and we're left with a thin squad and nobody 'building a philosophy'.

If we're unable to back Enzo because we chucked a criminally bloated contract at the bright-toothed charlatan then let him shaft the dressing room it will be a bitter, bitter pill to swallow.

Edited by Bourbon Fox