Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, Balague is an Enzo fan but the broader point applies - the fans need to properly get behind the team at home (the fans going to away matches have been brilliant), whatever is happening off the pitch. 

What an Ar53 licking Tw@t he is.

Forgets to mention to that we were miles ahead of Leeds without the game in hand and that we have flushed that same lead down the toilet..

And all of this happened before the off field Legal stuff reared it's ugly head.

Weapons Grade Bell..d 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Forgets to mention to that we were miles ahead of Leeds without the game in hand and that we have flushed that same lead down the toilet..

And all of this happened before the off field Legal stuff reared it's ugly head.

Weapons Grade Bell..d 

Whatever happens at least we’ll have our identity in tact. That’s all that matters according to Enzo. 

16 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Weapons Grade Bell..d 

Trying to use our situation to boost his mates reputation. 
Knob !

25 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Weapons Grade Bell..d 

I could understand this if for example it was someone like Benitez who was here. But it’s Enzo who has achieved nothing so far as a manager. There seems to be an arrogance associated with Enzo because he’s sat next to Pep. 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, Balague is an Enzo fan but the broader point applies - the fans need to properly get behind the team at home (the fans going to away matches have been brilliant), whatever is happening off the pitch. 

The **** is this Guillem. I’ve got a lot of time for Enzo but even he wouldn’t clap being on equal points with Leeds after leading them by 14 not that long ago.

As the saying goes, he isn’t going to shag you Guillem. 

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We surely are not blaming Enzo because a pet journo is blowing smoke up his arse are we?

That all depends on the relationship Enzo has with this to$$er. ( Which none of us are privy too) If he is confiding in him and he's relaying Enzo thought's to the world then yes we can blame him to a certain degree...

For me anyone who is just starting out on their management career and has accomplished nothing of note yet, that can say I'll leave the next day  if questioned about my playing philosophy has a touch of arrogance about them....so who knows.

Maybe Enzo is using him as a mouthpiece to say things he can't directly say due to being the manager  of LCFC  ... again who knows as this could be a very dangerous tactic

It's all guess work.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

That all depends on the relationship Enzo has with this to$$er. ( Which none of us are privy too) If he is confiding in him and he's relaying Enzo thought's to the world then yes we can blame him to a certain degree...

For me anyone who is just starting out on their management career and has accomplished nothing of note yet, that can say I'll leave the next day  if questioned about my playing philosophy has a touch of arrogance about them....so who knows.

Maybe Enzo is using him as a mouthpiece to say things he can't directly say due to being the manager  of LCFC  ... again who knows as this could be a very dangerous tactic

It's all guess work.

Agree that Enzo has proven nothing yet, beyond reenergising a derailed and shocked club after relegation, but that would likely have been possible with many managers once he who shall not be named exited. I never put much stock by anything the press say, so generally tend to assume a nefarious or alternate motive.

On 21/03/2024 at 13:25, Gamble92 said:

The ****ing cheek of his mate Guillem to say he wouldn't stay if we don't go up 😂

You won't have a choice Enzo

This isn't even the most worrying thing that he said in the interview.

Asked if Enzo made the right choice in playing Vestergaard against Chelsea's front 4 he said words to the effect that fast, reliable defenders who can play the ball and are good in the air don't play for Championship teams which is fair enough but dodges the question. He said he felt Enzo played his best 11.

On the Championship he said having experienced the Championship and learned about it this season he is certain that Enzo will never, ever, ever want to play another season in this league in his career, citing the number of matches.

But the really telling thing was when he said that if you look at the Prem, clubs don't just have excellent players and coaches, they have the best people 'in the offices' - he specifically referenced the director of football position, and he said that the next 10-15 years of the club's legacy or history relies on them developing a top-tier structure of the best football professionals who understand how the game works or it will become a yo-yo club.

So to me that was a very strong indication that Enzo thinks the board are a bunch of clowns and he will likely want out if we get promoted or not...

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Asked if Enzo made the right choice in playing Vestergaard against Chelsea's front 4 he said words to the effect that fast, reliable defenders who can play the ball and are good in the air don't play for Championship teams which is fair enough but dodges the question. He said he felt Enzo played his best 11.

On the Championship he said having experienced the Championship and learned about it this season he is certain that Enzo will never, ever, ever want to play another season in this league in his career, citing the number of matches.

But the really telling thing was when he said that if you look at the Prem, clubs don't just have excellent players and coaches, they have the best people 'in the offices' - he specifically referenced the director of football position, and he said that the next 10-15 years of the club's legacy or history relies on them developing a top-tier structure of the best football professionals who understand how the game works or it will become a yo-yo club.

So to me that was a very strong indication that Enzo thinks the board are a bunch of clowns and he will likely want out if we get promoted or not...

Doesn't wanna manage at the top level juggling League, Domestic Cups and Champions League/European Competitions either in that case then? :dunno: 

As for the rest, he'd have a point.

46 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

So going through:

Correct, unless they're only just starting their career, defenders like that don't hang around the championship and the starting line up was our best 11 of those available (ricardo obviously in for Hamza when fit)

Saying basically the same thing everyone says about this league, that it's a gruelling slog.

Correct, we know that the board are clowns.

Not sure that there's much wrong with what hes said tbf.

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Yeah I covered the Vesty bit too above. 

Was very telling about Rudkin.

I do find this moaning about how many games there are to be so tiresome. Pep and Klopp are the same. We aren't Rotherham. It's always the managers of teams with the biggest resources that are doing the moaning.

Who feels sorry for Maresca this season with the squad hes had? He's gone out his way to make it look as limited as possible but he's had the most depth you'll ever see at this level. 

On Rudkin, I think he got the idea very quickly what he is like and I think it might be the biggest factor he leaves us this summer to be honest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

So going through:

Correct, unless they're only just starting their career, defenders like that don't hang around the championship and the starting line up was our best 11 of those available (ricardo obviously in for Hamza when fit)

Saying basically the same thing everyone says about this league, that it's a gruelling slog.

Correct, we know that the board are clowns.

Not sure that there's much wrong with what hes said tbf.

Completely agreeable on all points.

Worrying also.

49 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah I covered the Vesty bit too above. 

Was very telling about Rudkin.

I do find this moaning about how many games there are to be so tiresome. Pep and Klopp are the same. We aren't Rotherham. It's always the managers of teams with the biggest resources that are doing the moaning.

Who feels sorry for Maresca this season with the squad hes had? He's gone out his way to make it look as limited as possible but he's had the most depth you'll ever see at this level. 

On Rudkin, I think he got the idea very quickly what he is like and I think it might be the biggest factor he leaves us this summer to be honest. 

Yep, he even said that between the cups and all competitions the top teams in the prem are playing 50-odd games this season

The second bit is what concerns me, seems like he could be gone whatever the outcome this season. He will have offers I'm sure.

Yep, he even said that between the cups and all competitions the top teams in the prem are playing 50-odd games this season

The second bit is what concerns me, seems like he could be gone whatever the outcome this season. He will have offers I'm sure.

If he is gone,he may well be found out.

Not a lot of flexibility in his thinking or methodology 

• Like 1

I'm starting to think this appointment is as illogical as it felt at the time. I was completely won over a few months ago. We were easing to promotion with a clear vision of how to play and although there were a hell of a lot of question marks about the style, at least everything seemed set up to invest in him and give him chance to prove it.

Now we don't have the money for it, I have absolutely no faith we can play anything like this in the division above or actually even this one. It's all gone absolutely to shit. 

The only plus is I managed to abstain from drinking myself into oblivion this weekend. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Think Guillem has got too involved recently and needs to keep his thoughts to himself more.

He’s a proper womble, all he’s done when he’s been on podcasts is peddle his fund raiser for his club. It’s a bit sad that the likes of radio Leicester keep putting him on. 

Increasingly just have a bit of a hunch this is all quite a bad fit. So he's a very dogmatic manager of whom we don't have the nous, or by the looks of it money to support in this dogmatism. If we go up we will need work doing to this squad that we aren't going to be able to do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Increasingly just have a bit of a hunch this is all quite a bad fit. So he's a very dogmatic manager of whom we don't have the nous, or by the looks of it money to support in this dogmatism. If we go up we will need work doing to this squad that we aren't going to be able to do.

I hope both manager and club are honest with one another come the summer. 

We'd need him to change his philosophy I'd have thought in order to maximise our chances under difficult circumstances. If he's not prepared to, then he's better to get out after hopefully a promotion and go on to another project somewhere.

Our club wouldn't be that aware though, they'll just see a talented manager and find it unthinkable we'd not want him to stay.

• Like 3

I like Enzo, still think his style is really interesting and he's done a great job coaching it to our players. I agree he's a little inflexible though.

I do see him walking in the summer regardless of what happens, can imagine he feels very let down by what's going on, and there's not many ways he benefits from being around next season.

Does appear that the relationship between the club and Enzo is deteriorating the further we go into the season. I just hope the club have the foresight (which I doubt very much based on history) to identify a shortlist of upcoming managers who can deliver success with little resource. 

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope both manager and club are honest with one another come the summer. 

We'd need him to change his philosophy I'd have thought in order to maximise our chances under difficult circumstances. If he's not prepared to, then he's better to get out after hopefully a promotion and go on to another project somewhere.

Our club wouldn't be that aware though, they'll just see a talented manager and find it unthinkable we'd not want him to stay.

Not sure the Club can / will want to offer the players / change of DofF he wants / appears to want.

Think it’s more likely than not that there’s a parting of the ways.

• Like 1