Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Israeli and Palestinian conflict

What an angry world we live in at the moment. 

However the hospital happened, innocent people have died and that shouldnt be taken light hearted in any respects. I'm not sure who did what. What is fact is that it all needs to stop as far too many innocent people are dying. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2

I'm finding it quite perplexing to comprehend how such an incident was permitted to occur. Given the sophisticated technology and manpower of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), it's truly astonishing that the border was breached so effortlessly. I distinctly recall reading some time ago about the rapid response capability, where anything approaching the border was promptly identified within seconds, with troops ready to respond in minutes, if not seconds, in case of any suspicious activity. This level of preparedness is truly remarkable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I'm finding it quite perplexing to comprehend how such an incident was permitted to occur. Given the sophisticated technology and manpower of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), it's truly astonishing that the border was breached so effortlessly. I distinctly recall reading some time ago about the rapid response capability, where anything approaching the border was promptly identified within seconds, with troops ready to respond in minutes, if not seconds, in case of any suspicious activity. This level of preparedness is truly remarkable.

Because like in Turkey with the earthquake where Erdogan had given all the money earmarked for making buildings earthquake proof to his mates, Netanyahu is corrupted and has been siphoning off his defence budget to his mates.

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The BBC is finally getting around to analysing the evidence. It's still a bit sketchy, but they seem to be leaning towards the view that it was a misfired small rocket that hit propellants on the ground in the car park rather than a large projectile fired from Israel.

BBC Verify

Still very much conjecture and needing more information rather than drawing a conclusion, but it's good to see a detailed analysis of events without much bias.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The BBC is finally getting around to analysing the evidence. It's still a bit sketchy, but they seem to be leaning towards the view that it was a misfired small rocket that hit propellants on the ground in the car park rather than a large projectile fired from Israel.

BBC Verify

Just have to counter that the BBC will be being lobbied hard by Jewish groups to provide balance and throw some shade on it all. They'll be shovelling selected experts, evidence and covert surveillance at the beeb. Imo, an American expert from the 'vanderbilt university'  doesn't exactly smack of an independent view

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Lots of embassies (including Arab nations) ordering citizens out of Lebanon. IDF heading north not West..? 

Well the threats from Iran concerning their backing of Hezbollah have  probably brought this about. They've basically stated that they can are going to attack Israel through Hezbollah.

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just have to counter that the BBC will be being lobbied hard by Jewish groups to provide balance and throw some shade on it all. They'll be shovelling selected experts, evidence and covert surveillance at the beeb. Imo, an American expert from the 'vanderbilt university'  doesn't exactly smack of an independent view

Seriously?

why not look for yourself at the images in daylight of the car park area and make your own judgement - you seem like an intelligent chap. 

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Biden quoting Chumbawamba?

This one?

"I can't hear you 'cos your mouth's full of shit
Do something about it
You think you're god's gift
You're liar
I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire
"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously?

why not look for yourself at the images in daylight of the car park area and make your own judgement - you seem like an intelligent chap. 

I didn't offer a view on the bombing. Almost impossible for an armchair punter to tell fact from fiction. 

But I'd gamble the mortgage on UK Jewish and Israeli lobbyists sending shitloads of selected evidence to the bbc and other mainstream media

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I didn't offer a view on the bombing. Almost impossible for an armchair punter to tell fact from fiction. 

But I'd gamble the mortgage on UK Jewish and Israeli lobbyists sending shitloads of selected evidence to the bbc and other mainstream media

The article even says that a number of experts refused to give their opinion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmt said:

The article even says that a number of experts refused to give their opinion 

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or challenging - but I agree. I'm not having a pop at the BBC here. The Jewish lobby may well have dug up this Vanderbilt guy but the BBC have been open in this case that other experts aren't so sure. 

I think that drums home the point that Israelis are very choosy with what video / audio / satellite imagery they come up with ... undoubtedly aided by the US in doing that

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or challenging - but I agree. I'm not having a pop at the BBC here. The Jewish lobby may well have dug up this Vanderbilt guy but the BBC have been open in this case that other experts aren't so sure. 

I think that drums home the point that Israelis are very choosy with what video / audio / satellite imagery they come up with ... undoubtedly aided by the US in doing that

Do you have any evidence to suggest that the person BBC verify have used is from a Jewish Lobby or is this your prejudice?

For the record, Biden has accepted that it was a failed rocket from a Palestinian terrorist group (and cited American intelligence rather than Israeli).

And journalists such as Mehdi Hassan have accepted evidence from trusted sources that it was most likely to be a misfiring Palestinian rocket.

32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The flip side of  that coin is of course that many Hamas/ Palestinian sympathizers are doing the same thing. Isn’t the wife of The Scottish first minister Palestinian?  I’m sure she’s doing her part.

Now that’s not a criticism, just stating that the flow of info going to the BBC will be coming from both sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Out of interest, why do you put ‘Vanderbilt University’ in inverted commas? Do you not believe it is an actual university? And what makes you think this academic’s views can’t be trusted? Is it because he works at an American university or something else? 

Your suggestion that the ‘Jewish lobby’ is effectively bullying the BBC into citing dodgy academics, without any evidence to back it up, comes dangerously close to being an antisemitic conspiracy theory. 

• Like 1