Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

Day looks daunted and almost ready to lose.

Ronnie seems to scare the sh2t out of most players like Tyson in his prime.

He’s that good though. Doesn’t help Day when the crowd applaud any standard 6/10 pot from Ronnie. 

Ronnie's gave Day chance after chance.  I've watched a lot of this WC and no-ones particulary impressed me.  If I had to back anyone it would be Trump, but he hasn't played that well....maybe wilsons year?

Edited by purpleronnie

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s that good though. Doesn’t help Day when the crowd applaud any standard 6/10 pot from Ronnie. 

Given Day loads of chances and Days fecked em up.

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Ronnie's gave Day chance after chance.  I've watched a lot of this WC and no-ones particulary impressed me.  If I had to back anyone it would be Trump, but he hasn't played that well....maybe wilsons year?

Bang on, no ones looked exceptional.

Rooting for Trump. Saw him do the pot quiz Saturday  morning( I think) and seems a really decent grounded bloke.

Wilson's had a decent draw, let's see what he does against one of the big boys

This isn’t the time of the championships you want to be hitting form, it’s all about getting through against the banana skins. 

Hit form winning the QF. 

That’s why Ronnie can win so often without playing well in tournaments. Literally 9/10 players he’s beaten before a ball has been hit so as long as he isn’t absolutely abysmal he will win. As soon as a player gets to the table they put undue pressure on themselves thinking better clear up or I’ve had it.

Then as long as he turns it up against the trumps and Williams of the game who genuinely aren’t fazed by him it’s job done.

Switching between both matches. The winners of both of these matches will be a bit mentally fatigued from their wins for the quarter final sprints you'd think.

Shaun Murphy talks way too much in commentary

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

What a final frame that was. Gutted for Allen but classy as hell from Higgins with that clearance.

Allen with a brilliant pot of the cushion the frame before, worth a watch if you haven't seen it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Kyren Wilson v Higgins probably the pick of the quarters

Gilbert v Maguire is a tough one to call though.

If Higgins performs anywhere near his best he'll win. 

Maguire is beatable if things don't go his way as he's a MilkinsMax for thumping the table and behaving badly. 

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

You could have bet your life savings on Higgins clearing up, nobody better in a situation like that.

No wonder there aren't many young players in the top 16, they see Higgins to that under pressure and think 'fvck this, I cant compete with that, I'll play Chinese pool instead'

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

No wonder there aren't many young players in the top 16, they see Higgins to that under pressure and think 'fvck this, I cant compete with that, I'll play Chinese pool instead'

Dunno how these old geezers keep doing it lol 

60 odd points behind, a double red to start, few other clutch pots along the way, it was pretty much the ultimate John Higgins break.

Jak Jones is interesting, his career record is nothing special but the past two years, he’s smashed it at the crucible and is giving Trump something to think about here.

On the other table, Gilbert is racing away. 

• Like 1