Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

Not a bad start to the tournament in the Brecel Gilbert game...

Surprised he conceded there even if it was very unlikely he'd get the frame back.

Edited by Zear0

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Playing the unwell card too apparently.

Noticed he was coughing quite a bit tonight in all fairness. 

But he’s probably glad the World Champion tag isn’t on his back anymore, he seemed to hate carrying that weight.

• Like 1

Well pleased for Gilbert.

He runs a snooker club in Swadlincote, he’s always in there practicing. Lovely bloke aswell. The year he got to the semi final me and a friend went and watched him in the second round at the Crucible. My mate had a slight link to his wife so we were having a beer in a pub just round the corner with her and her brother (who coincidentally is a Leicester fan). Anyway, in walks Dave and asks if we want a lift home with him!!

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Well pleased for Gilbert.

He runs a snooker club in Swadlincote, he’s always in there practicing. Lovely bloke aswell. The year he got to the semi final me and a friend went and watched him in the second round at the Crucible. My mate had a slight link to his wife so we were having a beer in a pub just round the corner with her and her brother (who coincidentally is a Leicester fan). Anyway, in walks Dave and asks if we want a lift home with him!!

Aye I play there every week, and for the club in the local leagues. He's from Tamworth and used to practice regularly over there before he co-bought Potters. 

Enjoying Mark Allen on commentary. 

The older players are fantastic as always, but it’s great to hear someone who’s playing in todays game commentate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The older players are fantastic as always, but it’s great to hear someone who’s playing in todays game commentate. 

I've always preferred people like Allen, Murphy, Perry, and Dale over the old boys like Virgo and Taylor. Davis is just rubbish and as boring as he was to watch. 

Hendry is still my favourite as he understands the mentality of the game so well. 

Ronnie is half decent when he does it for Eurosport, and apparently Robertson is having a go at some point this week having not qualified. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've always preferred people like Allen, Murphy, Perry, and Dale over the old boys like Virgo and Taylor. Davis is just rubbish and as boring as he was to watch. 

Hendry is still my favourite as he understands the mentality of the game so well. 

Ronnie is half decent when he does it for Eurosport, and apparently Robertson is having a go at some point this week having not qualified. 

I enjoy Parrott, Taylor & Hendry. Ken Doherty is good too. Virgo seems a bit outdated but will always be a big voice of snooker, for me. 

• Like 1

A very assured session of Snooker from O’Connor. 

As for Selby, the kind of performance that has been far too common this season unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Same. 

He’s been a really good addition to the BBC team. Quite liked Kyren Wilson’s comms work last year too.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Used to like Peter Ebdon until he got sacked for speaking out about covid mandates

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Used to like Peter Ebdon until he got sacked for speaking out about covid mandates

Obviously knows his stuff, but found him as boring to listen to as he was to watch. 

I’m still scarred from the Ebdon Dott final ‘06. 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 2

Went to all (bar last 2 frames as I had to get home) of the Brecel Gilbert game and it was pretty bizarre.

He went from playing unbelievable snooker to looking like he didn’t want to be there at all in the last session.

Absolutely love watching snooker at the crucible though, if you are a snooker fan you have to get there at least once. Special place.

• Like 3

Crucible Theatre: Hossein Vafaei says Sheffield venue 'smells' and the World Championship should move elsewhere

Iran's Hossein Vafaei has criticised the Crucible Theatre, saying the venue "smells really bad", the practice room is like a "garage" and the World Championship should move elsewhere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/68871034

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Crucible Theatre: Hossein Vafaei says Sheffield venue 'smells' and the World Championship should move elsewhere

Iran's Hossein Vafaei has criticised the Crucible Theatre, saying the venue "smells really bad", the practice room is like a "garage" and the World Championship should move elsewhere.

Did he lose by chance ?!

;)

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Really difficult to like Vafaei sometimes, he can go from being the nicest man in Snooker to a complete twat.