Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

OK here's something for the players out there.

It's a bugbear of mine when a player plays his safety shot then walks around the table to see what shot his opponent has.  Why do they do this?  I have never done it.  What diference does it make, its not your shot.

Maybe I'm missing something here :D

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's a bugbear of mine when a player plays his safety shot then walks around the table to see what shot his opponent has.  Why do they do this?  I have never done it.  What diference does it make, its not your shot.

I guess they’re weighing up the position they might be in next time they’re at the table? Remember these pro’s are about 3 shots ahead of us mere mortals

23 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Fairly simple. You want to know if you've left them anything to go at.

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Another shared session in Gilbert’s semi final. He’s playing well, scoring well. 
Fingers crossed for him.

Very back and forth frame to frame. Will be a close one. 

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

Jones v Bingham is a tough watch 🤣🤣

Do what I'm doing and don't waste your time.

Might watch the last couple of frames if it goes to 15-15 or something

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

Fairly simple. You want to know if you've left them anything to go at.

But what difference does it make?  Its not your shot.  I cant imagine playing a safety and then walking around the table to look at it. Maybe its just me lol.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Do what I'm doing and don't waste your time.

Might watch the last couple of frames if it goes to 15-15 or something

It helped me nod off and have a few zzzzzzs after finishing work!!!!

Now watching Wilson v Gilbeet is like watching 2 boxers slug it out rather than 2 boxers running around the ring trying not to get hit!!

Pity this one isnt the final!

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

But what difference does it make?  Its not your shot.  I cant imagine playing a safety and then walking around the table to look at it. Maybe its just me lol.

It's human nature. 

If you think you might have messed something up you're curious to see what will happen. 

If you reverse your car right up bumper to bumper with another car or wall, do you never walk round and see what gap you've left, even if you're parking up and walking away? 

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's human nature. 

If you think you might have messed something up you're curious to see what will happen. 

If you reverse your car right up bumper to bumper with another car or wall, do you never walk round and see what gap you've left, even if you're parking up and walking away? 

So what you're saying is I'm weird.

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Jones has an unreal mentality. Everything he lacks in skill, he’s destroying his opponents in their head. At least people will never call Selby boring again. 

If Jones wins it, he would be the worst champion since Peter Ebdon… I’m hoping for a Wilson, Bingham final 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If Jones wins it, he would be the worst champion since Peter Ebdon… I’m hoping for a Wilson, Bingham final 

I still have mental scars from the Edbon Dott final

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think it’s written for Wilson unless he crumbles in the final. Seems to have found some consistently good form.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Crazy how one of these 3 will be 1 ahead of Ding and level with Judd and Robertson on worlds. Or in the case of Bingham 2 ahead of Ding 1 ahead of Judd and Robertson.

Edited by Nalis