Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

On the pitch leadership

once again, a clear fault in our spine is showing. It’s obvious, we are lacking a real leader on the pitch. 

The way we’ve collapsed recently and nobody has truly stepped up to drag our heads up. Nobody to make us believe we can get back into the games.

We literally signed coady for this reason. We lost two hugely important players in vesty and ricardo and the game was crying out for a leader…. and we don’t play coady! i’m flabbergasted! 

Maybe it was too much after extra time… but you suck it up, we needed coady today. You look around and everyone just had their heads down. We conceded the first because the cb’s aren’t communicating. Coady would have just brought the experience we needed to grind this one out.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HybridFox said:

Absolute baffling Coady wasn't at least on in the second half to settle the team. We were like headless chickens

Instead we've given leadership on the pitch to someone who's just been done for drink driving.

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Don't know why Hamza gets the armband when if everyone is fit he wouldn't usually even get on the pitch. 

Vardy also, he's hardly vocal. Standing around pointing at shit isn't captaincy.

Great teams have great captains. Name the captain first then the team. Not the team first then trying to figure out who wants to wear an armband

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Captained a guy who’s been done for drink driving. Classy 

Not his first **** up either is it.

Very strange.

Winks. Justin. Faes. All stand out as better choices.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Not his first **** up either is it.

Very strange.

Winks. Justin. Faes. All stand out as better choices.

I know some won’t care but that’s really disappointed me. Give it to literally anyone else but him. What kind of message is that 

3 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

I know some won’t care but that’s really disappointed me. Give it to literally anyone else but him. What kind of message is that 

It's very similar to Rodgers and Tielemans when he was in the press looking for a move. The message is a poor one.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What about off the pitch? There's none there either.

A little harsh on Enzo, who on the whole has been a great character for us. Hoping he demands more and makes real changes though. Today was pathetic. 

I think this captain rotation is going to hurt him though. Just make a choice! 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

A little harsh on Enzo, who on the whole has been a great character for us. Hoping he demands more and makes real changes though. Today was pathetic. 

I think this captain rotation is going to hurt him though. Just make a choice! 

Wasn't even talking about Enzo. Was talking about the DoF and the chairman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

When a player convicted of drink driving a week or so ago gets the armband today, there is clear evidence we have not got any leaders on or off the field and haven’t for a long, long time. This goes beyond the pitch and right up to the very top of the club. Zero leadership is the reason we are where we are right now.

Spot on. Top to bottom, zilch.