Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

King Power

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Personally think Top will bring in additional investors or look to sell up once we're in the prem. It isn't sustainable the way it's going

Most sensible quote on here the challenge will be what he wants for it. Right now we are likely worth less than half what King Power has put in. Will he cut his losses?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Kelechi is a proven Premier League goal scorer, there are teams crying out for goal scorers at the bottom of the PL, I know it’s not easy but if the deal is right, surely he’d improve Everton, Sheff Utd, Luton, Burnley, Forest etc… 

Other clubs seem to make deals happen for the players they no longer require.

Souttar - hasn’t kicked a ball for us, but has on the international stage and has been brilliant again would improve a lot of teams. 
We have an ongoing problem of not being able to shift the players we don’t require. We need huge improvements in this area as a club or we’ll always struggle to meet FFP and bring in the players we need.

We shouldn’t be in a position where we have 5 or 6 quality options in CB and 4 quality options up front - and 0 options in the 8 role. It’s poor squad management and we’ve had a real problem with it for a long time.

Completely agree with that tbh

It’s an easy target to lump on after 3 defeats on the bounce - not sure I can remember the thread praising the ownership when we were flying and talk of breaking championship records etc. 

Aside from the past 2 seasons shambles, I’m not sure what Top has done wrong this season - everyone can agree what he did wrong prior to the summer - but we have  the highest paid and assembled squads in the championship ever, we have one arm tied behind our back due to FFP (as have a dozen other clubs). 

I think most sensible posters will summarise well the decline since the FA Cup win - if we cock it up this year it will be the players and managers fault and no one else, you can’t put your hand in your pocket to buy mentality or mental strength. We need 5/6 wins, just get it over the line Enzo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

It’s an easy target to lump on after 3 defeats on the bounce - not sure I can remember the thread praising the ownership when we were flying and talk of breaking championship records etc. 

Aside from the past 2 seasons shambles, I’m not sure what Top has done wrong this season - everyone can agree what he did wrong prior to the summer - but we have  the highest paid and assembled squads in the championship ever, we have one arm tied behind our back due to FFP (as have a dozen other clubs). 

I think most sensible posters will summarise well the decline since the FA Cup win - if we cock it up this year it will be the players and managers fault and no one else, you can’t put your hand in your pocket to buy mentality or mental strength. We need 5/6 wins, just get it over the line Enzo. 

Because there was no need too. We were one of the favourites go up with a massive advantage over others. Promotion should be par for the course. 

If it comes out about how feckin silly we were in January, I don’t think people will be quite so forgiving on Top and Rudkin 

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Do you think 5/6 wins gets second ? That’s 93/96 points ? I think this season that will be short. Just but still short

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

How's KP itself doing? I know the pandemic has caused many problems globally but it would be interesting to hear if the whole corporation is struggling. Vichai's wife is a very astute business woman from what I gather.

I think she should get more involved in the football club.

It has a monopoly Ric as along as tourism is running okay in Thailand, they are gonna be golden. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Because there was no need too. We were one of the favourites go up with a massive advantage over others. Promotion should be par for the course. 

If it comes out about how feckin silly we were in January, I don’t think people will be quite so forgiving on Top and Rudkin 

And you’d be happy to breach FFP to get a midfielder over the line? Curious 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Do you think 5/6 wins gets second ? That’s 93/96 points ? I think this season that will be short. Just but still short

You’d be pretty unlucky not to go up on 96 pts! But this season is unique with Ipswich and Leeds form. 

it’s squeaky arse time for us but it will be for other teams too - and they will drop points and may even go on a 3 game losing streak. 

We are still in the best position with points in the bag and hopefully our blip is finished, we’ll see over the next 3 games either way. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Well two points to that.

Whose decision making has brought us that close to FFP? 

Who’s dealing with contracts/transfer fees etc to which makes it difficult to get rid of players to give FFP breathing room? 

This is the making of the clubs themselves. The decision makers then spent a week in January at a wedding 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

Just now, Tommy G said:

You’d be pretty unlucky not to go up on 96 pts! But this season is unique with Ipswich and Leeds form. 

it’s squeaky arse time for us but it will be for other teams too - and they will drop points and may even go on a 3 game losing streak. 

We are still in the best position with points in the bag and hopefully our blip is finished, we’ll see over the next 3 games either way. 

Keep giving me hope brother

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Well two points to that.

Whose decision making has brought us that close to FFP? 

Who’s dealing with contracts/transfer fees etc to which makes it difficult to get rid of players to give FFP breathing room? 

This is the making of the clubs themselves. The decision makers then spent a week in January at a wedding 

Yes I agree with you, yes I think every poster can agree too that tonnes of mistakes were made pre this summer - if you read my post properly I’ve pointed that out - about 3 times. 

My question is what could the ownership of done this season? And is the last 3 league games been down to them? Because had we won all 3 there wouldn’t be this thread or any talk about January. Anyone with half a brain realises FFP mistakes haven’t been made this season - in fact we have a gold plated team at Enzos disposal to romp the league. 

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It has a monopoly Ric as along as tourism is running okay in Thailand, they are gonna be golden. 

I meant in its other business endeavours and to be honest even with a monopoly I'd not be surprised to hear some concerning performance 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yes I agree with you, yes I think every poster can agree too that tonnes of mistakes were made pre this summer - if you read my post properly I’ve pointed that out - about 3 times. 

My question is what could the ownership of done this season? And is the last 3 league games been down to them? Because had we won all 3 there wouldn’t be this thread or any talk about January. Anyone with half a brain realises FFP mistakes haven’t been made this season - in fact we have a gold plated team at Enzos disposal to romp the league. 

Answer is there given Wilf missing and the variety of midfield selections we’ve churned up across the three games 

20 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Breaching FFP would be ridiculous, but so would allowing those that assembled half a squad of unwanted overpaid failures to oversee a root and branch review of why we had assembled half a squad of unwanted overpaid failures, which is the reason we couldn't buy in January.

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Answer is there given Wilf missing and the variety of midfield selections we’ve churned up across the three games 

Eh? Sorry is Top picking the team? I’m missing something here. 

So if we were at the point of breaching FFP in Jan you’re suggesting that’s ok because of the situation with Ndidi. The athletic and other outlets reported it was due to FFP, or do we just turn a blind eye to that and assume it’s Rudkin again. Granted he has a track record of a Vegan at a BBQ but I’m still waiting for which part of the slip in the last month is down to the owners vs the mentality of our players or the team the manager puts out!

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Breaching FFP would be ridiculous, but so would allowing those that assembled half a squad of unwanted overpaid failures to oversee a root and branch review of why we had assembled half a squad of unwanted overpaid failures, which is the reason we couldn't buy in January.

Overarching point is our fan base is so reactionary - this thread wouldn’t of even got started had we got a cpl of decent results recently - the fact is at the start of the season we had a squad (best ever to grace the championship) and a manager who has steered us to the top - that dressing room needs to get their heads together along with the coaching staff to rectify the slide - this has zilch to do with the ownership.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Eh? Sorry is Top picking the team? I’m missing something here. 

So if we were at the point of breaching FFP in Jan you’re suggesting that’s ok because of the situation with Ndidi. The athletic and other outlets reported it was due to FFP, or do we just turn a blind eye to that and assume it’s Rudkin again. Granted he has a track record of a Vegan at a BBQ but I’m still waiting for which part of the slip in the last month is down to the owners vs the mentality of our players or the team the manager puts out!

Join the dots. 

Enzo wanted a CM in January. Club failed him. With the expected injury to Praet and now Ricardo cos he’s playing too much, we have a midfield what looks pants and is getting bullied. 

The owners have completely cocked up the FFP with Rudkin. Therefore the failure to sign an adequate central midfield of quality is on them and it’s now having a direct effect on your performance and results. I haven’t suggested breaching FFP. But I am saying that the situation is a failure of the ownership to make good decisions. Might as well have not signed Coady as it stands if you want an error they’ve made this season. You can’t say what else they could have done this season because football ownership (and FFP) doesn’t work like that. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

He left us weaker after the January transfer window! And why praise him for how great we are doing in the championship? lol 

It’s his bad decisions we are here in the first place! 

• Like 2

if getting rid of king power is the only way to get rid of rudkin…. then it simply needs to happen! Their family will always be special to us, but we’re at a crossroads and they are unable to take us forwards from here. 

Why can't you email Susan Whelan about any concerns on this front.

She (or most likely her PA) is known for replying fairly quickly to questions.

Edited by Wymsey

This whole breaching FFP in January. So Sensi didn't happen - if it was on the table at any point, that means therefore surely the finances were in place to at least get 'something' in on loan. That's not to even mention that we'd then be saving on whatever we were paying Casadei as well.

Maresca deserves scorn for the last couple of games, particularly yesterday, but the hand isn't as strong as it could be and this is precisely the point. Ipswich spending less than us isn't relevant to the fact we didn't do anything when we could've done.

I think this season they have made steps to turn around the mess they oversaw over the last few seasons, they have appointed a manager who has managed to turn the ship around, and obviously for most of this season has built a lot of belief in his system with much of the fan base and players who are sticking to it. Financially they have invested wisely this season, and we were never in a position to accommodate infinite signings. Ultimately it’s become clear that in order to play the way we want to, we needed more players which was simply not possible given we have the highest wage budget in the history of the 2nd division, a completely unsustainable wage at this level. 

The only issue I have with the owners at present is the lack of communication. The next big test is deciding what we do in summer, but that relies on which division we are in and how we achieve it. 

We need our fan groups to really force this issue and demand the owners talk to the fans or at minimum give us statements 3-4 times a season with updates on the club. 

But overall I don’t think they’ve done much wrong since relegation. Still a long road ahead to regain trust. I really don’t understand the argument that not spending more in January is their fault. They shouldn’t need to given the players we have. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think this season they have made steps to turn around the mess they oversaw over the last few seasons, they have appointed a manager who has managed to turn the ship around, and obviously for most of this season has built a lot of belief in his system with much of the fan base and players who are sticking to it. Financially they have invested wisely this season, and we were never in a position to accommodate infinite signings. Ultimately it’s become clear that in order to play the way we want to, we needed more players which was simply not possible given we have the highest wage budget in the history of the 2nd division, a completely unsustainable wage at this level. 

The only issue I have with the owners at present is the lack of communication. The next big test is deciding what we do in summer, but that relies on which division we are in and how we achieve it. 

We need our fan groups to really force this issue and demand the owners talk to the fans or at minimum give us statements 3-4 times a season with updates on the club. 

But overall I don’t think they’ve done much wrong since relegation. Still a long road ahead to regain trust. I really don’t understand the argument that not spending more in January is their fault. They shouldn’t need to given the players we have. 

I don’t want to appear negative but there is not a cat in hells chance of this.