Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

King Power

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Yes I agree with you, yes I think every poster can agree too that tonnes of mistakes were made pre this summer - if you read my post properly I’ve pointed that out - about 3 times. 

My question is what could the ownership of done this season? And is the last 3 league games been down to them? Because had we won all 3 there wouldn’t be this thread or any talk about January. Anyone with half a brain realises FFP mistakes haven’t been made this season - in fact we have a gold plated team at Enzos disposal to romp the league. 

The problem is the decision making from them has led to us being in this shit with FFP. In any other business, letting the company get into this much shit with finances that it affects you this much in years to come would put a lot of people out of a job so why hasn’t it here? 

Edited by Trekerz

14 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Disagree with the first part here. We need to go up this season, even if it's just to pocket the Prem TV money for one year and go straight back down. The longer we stay in the Championship the harder it will be to recover.

Agreed, we cant really be properly trimmed down either, we now routinely take out interest bearing loans, so have interest to pay every year on external debt and the elephant training complex to fund.  We also still seem to have the intent of handing out generous contracts, if these things cant be shaken out of the owners, then we absolutely need EPL money.

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Why can't you email Susan Whelan about any concerns on this front.

She (or most likely her PA) is known for replying fairly quickly to questions.

For reference she has ignored all of my emails.  Not even a PA response, one was replied to by someone very low in the club.  I cant think she would respond to an email critical of the way the club has being managed given she is CEO and should be overseeing everything.

Essentially under Vichai, the club continued to grow and move forwards off the pitch, which in turn lends itsrlf to success and improvement on the pitch. Under Top the club has been moving backwards off the pitch, inevitably that means that standards slip on the pitch as well. It's actually remarkable how quickly things were messed up. The groundwork under Vichai should have been stable for at least a decade. To rip it apart and put us in this position so quickly is truly impressive.

• Like 4

I think we can all agree Top is not Vichai.

The question is more about whether Top can be a great owner in his own right. I say can be because he's probably made a few bad moves for sure but sometimes people learn from those mistakes and grow into the role.

And while "be careful what you wish for" can be seen as a get out and used too often - I think reasonable scrutiny is natural/acceptable.

Give it a month and things could look a lot better or a lot worse. Squeaky bum time.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Essentially under Vichai, the club continued to grow and move forwards off the pitch, which in turn lends itsrlf to success and improvement on the pitch. Under Top the club has been moving backwards off the pitch, inevitably that means that standards slip on the pitch as well. It's actually remarkable how quickly things were messed up. The groundwork under Vichai should have been stable for at least a decade. To rip it apart and put us in this position so quickly is truly impressive.

just to play devils advocate a second... The funding stopped the issues started as soon as covid hit. KP had their main revenue source ripped away from them. I imagine holding onto the business its self was  priority one. 

We have made huge mistakes with contracts and mis management over the past 4 years and its now coming to bite us. 

I am obviously like all of the fans should be in debt to Top. Vichai and King Power as i never would have believed we would have been where we were but its time to start looking at the inside and call out hose that handed out these contracts, sanctioned the signings and hold make sure it doesn't happen again. 

The next 2 years are an interesting time for the club. 

On 02/03/2024 at 17:36, MattFox said:

Can we finally admit their ownership over the last few years has been a shambles?

Or do we have to wait for another screw up 

Does FFP count as another screw up?

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

King power releasing a statement wouldn’t go a miss would it?

****ing shambles. 

They won’t say anything till the season is over and hopefully that’s the case of the club is for sale.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

They won’t say anything till the season is over and hopefully that’s the case of the club is for sale.

Would you rather the club was owned by shady US venture capitalists or some horrible dictator somewhere? I wouldn't. And those are probably the best of the likely alternatives; we'd be just as likely to end up with downright shysters who have no interest in the club at all, or simple crooks. Our chances of getting as lucky as we did last time seem slim.

• Like 1

If Top isn’t prepared to reshuffle his office now, then he really needs to consider what he’s doing with the club. 

There is no way his father would have stood for any of this. Top is showing he’s not capable of running a football club.

Will be interesting to see what the fallout is after this. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Would you rather the club was owned by shady US venture capitalists or some horrible dictator somewhere? I wouldn't. And those are probably the best of the likely alternatives; we'd be just as likely to end up with downright shysters who have no interest in the club at all, or simple crooks. Our chances of getting as lucky as we did last time seem slim.

No, I’d rather the club had a fan majority shareholding and focussed more on the wider community than lofty Big 6 ideals and ground expansions with hotel complexes. If that means operating at a lower, sustainable level - great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No, I’d rather the club had a fan majority shareholding and focussed more on the wider community than lofty Big 6 ideals and ground expansions with hotel complexes. If that means operating at a lower, sustainable level - great. 

That would be fantastic, all clubs should be run like that, but it doesn't seem very likely.

We'd like transparency in the form of a statement on the goings on inside the club but as we saw last season, you criticise him and his hierarchy when they're doing an abysmal job and the retort is him/them having a go at the fans. Doubt they'd have anything worthwhile to say. Imagine they're hoping promoting will distract any shortcomings which it will for the majority who refuse to see the dear leader in any other light than deity. 

• Like 3

On 04/03/2024 at 10:47, filbertway said:

We also failed FFP in the championship last time and settled out of court. Under Vichai.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We also failed FFP in the championship last time and settled out of court. Under Vichai.

We had the perfectly legitimate Telstar sponsoring us :ph34r:

Vichai made an absolute tonne of mistakes, which youd expect in a new business. Very rarely saw him make the same mistake twice or ignore it though.

Or maybe it was just Nige and Steve Walsh were the perfect team.

Oh trestellar...close enough lol

Edited by filbertway

So KP sell up to another billionaire who isn’t allowed to actually invest any cash into the team either due to the current, unsustainable rules. Where’s the difference, except that said new owners turn out to be asset strippers who fold the club, sell off the training ground, belvoir drive and the stadium to developers and do a runner with all the proceeds.

Everyone seems to be piling onto the ownership, saying its their fault that we may have breached ffp etc, but what are they supposed to do when players refuse to move on, see out contracts or deals fall through at the last minute because a player at the buying club decides to stay put (Daka Bournemouth)

• Like 4

Like it or not, yes the club is a run as a business.  But name me a medium size  to large club that isn't.  

Top isn't vichai that is clear but I think the fickle among us need to get a grip.  It wasn't that long ago this club was in administration, languishing at the bottom of the championship and at one point league one, just drifting, signing washed up players like Les Ferdinand, Dion Dublin and Martin keown who were so far past their best they didn't make a shred of difference.

Since king power took over we have achieved promotions, won the premier league (Leicester city.....THE PREMIER LEAGUE), the fa cup, charity shield and were an established premier league force.  Yes we got relegated but it happens....look at villa, Leeds, big clubs who bounce back.  And we are, barring a disaster, on target to return to the premier league.

King power arent perfect but perhaps you'd prefer Mike Ashley?  There are also a host of owners who have bought clubs, stripped their assets and even sold their grounds for development (Brighton, years back).  

Stop thinking we should be challenging for the premier league.  That was a one off.  Brilliant, but let's be honest in my 33 years of city supporting we were never anywhere near the title before and we are unlikely to be again.  

Be careful what you wish for.  We could be a lot worse off without king power than with them.

• Haha 1