Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Sack The Board - Is it time?

Sack The Board - Is It Time?   

388 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to sack the Board?

• Yes, they simply have to go
    • Only Rudkin and Wheelan
    • Only Top
    • No, but there needs to be accountability and public acknowledgement of massive cock up
    • No, it's not their fault
    • Everything's fine.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I don't like Rudkin, he's failed and should have been gone years ago. 

What do the fans actually want though? Stoke are complying with FFP as that's what the rules allow, will our fans be happy with that because reality is, that's where we are at competency or not if we comply with shit rules designed to protect an elite, the fans are fighting the wrong people. 

Absolute rubbish. Have a look at the below. 

It's pure and utter incompetence and making excuses for the club after a **** up of this magnitude is madness. 

Where was the contingency plan

image.thumb.png.d0f3eba9eeeca9dfd65ad07f90c0beb2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Absolute rubbish. Have a look at the below. 

It's pure and utter incompetence and making excuses for the club after a **** up of this magnitude is madness. 

Where was the contingency plan

image.thumb.png.d0f3eba9eeeca9dfd65ad07f90c0beb2.png

That happened because we tried to compete. If you are happy for your club to sit mid table at best then that's fine! Personally I want to see us in something! Other than the big six none of this other clubs have won anything.

I do agree that spending over 100% of your turnover on wages is bad but that based on a forecast of more turnover based on a elite manager and previous consistent top 10 finishes it's not completely unreasonable. The club have ****ed up but for a club pushing to break into a new level it's a risk, it's a fine line between success and failure. It can easily happen to any of the non big six clubs there with a few bad decisions which to me says the rules are broken.

If top wants to lose 100 million a year and can afford it, surely that's his business? Not EPL or Premier League. Man City have 115 breaches, Chelsea 1.8 billion in debt, United 700 million, Spurs 800, whys that allowed?

All football clubs really are a joke, only the big six can ever hope to have tge turnover to buy the best players, the rest have to sell at whatever lowball price the big six determine to stay in the rules themselves. There will never be a 90 mill transfer again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The funny thing is, we actually won the Premier League before all this overspending and rule breaking! 

Because of Nigel Pearson. If there is a rebuild on the cards it should involve him imo. That guy knows how to build a sustainable football club on a limited budget. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Because of Nigel Pearson. If there is a rebuild on the cards it should involve him imo. That guy knows how to build a sustainable football club on a limited budget. 

Never wanted him back... until now. 

Well, after Enzo leaves us in the Summer of course. 

Outgoings - Rudkin/Whelan to Forest.

Incomings - Big Nige/Ostrich

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Never wanted him back... until now. 

Well, after Enzo leaves us in the Summer of course. 

Outgoings - Rudkin/Whelan to Forest.

Incomings - Big Nige/Ostrich

Really in the past 20 years he has been the only reason we had a sustainable setup and structure. It was nothing to do with King Power ever, they got lucky with Nige and his team, they never replaced that when he left. I'd give Nige the DOF job to setup the structure of the football side, young unproven players, or nearly players with a point to prove, wage structure, fitness regimes, sports science, game analysts etc. Actually Puel had some good contacts/signings and was a sustainable model but the fans didn't like that! 

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

When was the last time anyone spoke publicly, as in there is evidence of them speaking and not just typed statements?

I've genuinely never heard Jon Rudkin speak, ever. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

When was the last time anyone spoke publicly, as in there is evidence of them speaking and not just typed statements?

Last Rudkin/Whelan press conference was in 2015 when Claudio got the job

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I've genuinely never heard Jon Rudkin speak, ever. 

Me neither. The Brighton bloke is on TalkSport pretty much every week. We get nothing for nearly a decade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Who the hell is going to come in and be able to do better? The club is a nothing club, it's never going yo be able to compete again due to the rules.

The only real way to sustain and meet rules is Mike Ashley. I can't honestly see how ANY Premier league club can meet these rules without something dodgy going on.

Does anyone know what the clubs stance for legal action is, given it looks like a cluster****?!

lol

Have I stumbled onto Facebook?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

Have I stumbled onto Facebook?

OK then so who is going to buy a loss making club, with debts of 200 million to bankroll, about to be ****ed by some shit rules for the next 3 years.

I'm happy to be enlightened who you think would take that on?!

There ain't no return for a businessman coming out of this club in at least 10 years. 

You have either got to be a fan or an idiot to take that on!

Edited by Foxin_Mad

They can point to the gamble of competing all they like in the club statement but unfortunately when the risk doesn't pay off people must be held accountable.

I'd like to say Brendan has been held accountable but with the payoff he's probably fairly happy. Hopefully he doesn't see another top job.

A CEO is there to provide strategy, and ultimate accountability. Not anticipating this kind of expenditure to income strategy would cause us serious trouble with 1 average/poor season, and then putting a stop to it is a fireable offense.

The overall transfer strategy/business has been very poor for a number of years now and who else to take responsibility but the sporting director? You can see the contracts and wages offered are a millstone round the clubs neck at the moment.

It's a massive shame that the bet didn't pay off, but imagine explaining to your other half that City won the last three matches so it was entirely reasonable for you to bet 116% of your income on the next result...

• Like 2

Sack the booooooard

Sack the boooard

Sack the board

Sack the board 

sack the board

sack the boooooorrrrrred

Sack the board 

sack the board

sack the board

Sack .. The .. Board

SACK THE BOARD

In case anyone is to young to remember the 80/90s here's the chant lyrics.

Every statement released by a board member in the last 2 years has been so poor. The communications director perhaps needs a new job. 

Just reading them, you don’t expect them to save we ****ed up - that is obvious but just a bit of humility would go a long way

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

OK then so who is going to buy a loss making club, with debts of 200 million to bankroll, about to be ****ed by some shit rules for the next 3 years.

There ain't no return for a businessman coming out of this club in at least 10 years. 

You have either got to be a fan or an idiot to take that on!

It's really not the rules fault that we paid painfully average players far too much money. 

The rules didn't make us give Hamza 60k a week. Or Bertrand and Vestergaard 75-85k a week. Don't bloat your squad with overpaid bang average players who have little resale value.

If clubs had carte blanche to spend what we want - newsflash - we would still be nowhere near. Not only that, but the biggest clubs would just overinflate the market even further. Then it wouldn't be long before I have read people justifying squad players earning 200k a week.

Mad that we were a gnats knacker from signing Jack Harrison on another 100k a week last winter lol

There is plenty of money to spend - we've spent it incredibly poorly and not even come close to having a half decent disaster plan.

On your your last point - top definitely falls under the latter.

I just find it very weird that you don't seem to want to hold anyone accountable and it's all the fault of the big mean leagues and their rules.

• Thanks 1

I voted they all have to go.

However if Top made a statement on the website or live to the press, admitting he has got it wrong, he will now take day to day interest in the club and immediately fire both Whelan, Rudkin and anyone else who had their finger in the decision making, it would at least show recognition he has ****ed it.  So in that circumstance I would give him another chance, I strongly think though this wont be the case hence me wanting new ownership.

The only rationale I can get from Seagrave as that has been given some thought by me as well is either (a) they thought it would stop players wanting to leave (nicer training environment, big club type environment), or (b) they expected it to improve the squad whilst not putting world class coaches in there.  I have it in vanity project category.

As we seen at Manchester United, Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea and some other clubs, upper management overhauls only tend to happen under an ownership change.  So I think the most likely outcome at this point is if Top stays, Whelan and Rudkin both stay.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Theres several threads up and running being heavily critical of the board and Babylon has given up his one man crusade to defend them which means its definitely time. 

Even KPs own Batman cant defend this.

8 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So oooooooo, who's fault is this?

Rudkin and Wheelan are the main culprits but Top isn't far behind them. He has allowed us to sleepwalk into a pending disaster. Appalling leadership and ownership by all involved.

When Norwich scored on Monday a bloke behind me stood up and shouted something anti Rudkin, which was pleasing. 

But re Top, he needs to realise he needs to bring in people who know what they’re doing, and get rid of Rudkin et al. It’s almost like they were ‘yes men’ to Vichai, a man of experience, business acumen and strong character. Since his passing the ‘yes men’ have exerted more influence over someone who is less experienced, and it shows. Vichai would have never let it unravel like this.

Also pause for a moment… from what I can see Top’s only qualification is that he’s Vichai’s son. We’re being run like some medieval kingdom where an experienced and well liked King dies and the crown passes to the inexperienced son. Bonkers.

Vichai’s way clearly isn’t going work as well for Top. There’s no harm in that, but he needs to realise that, make the required changes, or sell up frankly. Him and his family surely are on the verge of using up all the good will that they’ve built up or ,no pun intended, maxing out all their credit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Rudkin and Wheelan are the main culprits but Top isn't far behind them. He has allowed us to sleepwalk into a pending disaster. Appalling leadership and ownership by all involved.

Tops over reliance in Rudkin is his undoing. But is seems he trusts him explicitly, it wouldn’t surprise me if he has gone for Rudkin for advice……

The board runs the football club and includes several members of the family that owns us. Are they going to sack themselves? If not, what mysterious entity is going to do the sacking? They will have known about our situation for some time. If anybody was going to be sacked, it would have happened by now. So it’s safe to assume that it is not going to happen. 

The best case scenario is that they admit they need help and bring in some experienced professionals who can actually help them to run the club much more professionally.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1