Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Sack The Board - Is it time?

Sack The Board - Is It Time?   

388 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to sack the Board?

• Yes, they simply have to go
    • Only Rudkin and Wheelan
    • Only Top
    • No, but there needs to be accountability and public acknowledgement of massive cock up
    • No, it's not their fault
    • Everything's fine.

1 minute ago, Parker Pen said:

If they don’t get culled then they need to bring in a fresh pair of eyes to educate and. Advise them on the dangers of modern Football and getting back on track with  a sound footballing based business plan.

What is a sound footballing business plan? Submit to our mighty masters the big 6? Football is done. 

If the owners want to subsidise a 90 million loss, they can, its up to them if its done in fully  covered. 

No other business in the world can restrict investment. 

Abject failure by every metric. Gross incompetence over a sustained period. They need forcing out. They cannot be trusted to fix the monumental problems they have largely created.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

What is a sound footballing business plan? Submit to our mighty masters the big 6? Football is done. 

If the owners want to subsidise a 90 million loss, they can, its up to them if its done in fully  covered. 

No other business in the world can restrict investment. 

I agree with you that modern football is done and I know that our owner is wealthy enough to invest from his own pocket  and other investments and should be able to.

I don’t know what a sound footballing business plan looks like that doesn’t play into the hands of the big 6 though.

I believe in the footballing pyramid and that if Top wants a stellar signing and pay them accordingly then he should be able to just like Jack Walker did with Blackburn otherwise like you say they can roll up the rope ladder and you can never reach the heights of 2016 again

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Bet they're all still here this time next year 

Agree they will and it's strange that we wouldn't be talking about this if we're 10 points clear at the top.

Spot on BSLB noting that relegation Should have seen the complete reset that didn't happen and that Enzo's good start papered over some Grand Canyon size cracks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

What are the long term implications, those teams that miss out if we go up can say we have blatantly beached psr for an unfair advantage. These accounts were from last season but we still strengthened in the summer

Makes us considering legal action against Everton look a bit silly doesn't it. 

I'm still struggling to understand how a change of ownership helps? So we are sold to yankdoodle.com who can't invest or buy any players, firstly the rules make the club unselable, any new owner has no real hope of competing for 3 years unless we sell every decent player we have. The rules a ****ing stupid, its not up to the EFL or Premier league to decide who can or can not spend money. For example Man Utds mortgage is 500 million, Chelsea 1.8 billion, spurs 800 million, Brighton 400 million, Newcastle similar, Liverpool 200 Mill, West Ham 100 mil. Villa probably up there. 

Football is broken. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Makes us considering legal action against Everton look a bit silly doesn't it. 

Guess that is why we were only fan signalling considering

• Like 1

I think Top needs capable support and advice which is something that Rudkin & Whelan are useless at.

Rudkin was liked by Tops Dad, but he was a real business man and Rudkin only needed to nod his head. Now we need a board that can support Top in running a successful & sustainable club. 

• Like 1

If Top sacked Rudkin and Whelan and replaced them with recognised individuals with positive reputations, would that go some way to appeasing any fans? 

Just curious as to what is 'acceptable' in terms of making changes at the top. Or is it Top must go along with everyone else and that's that? 

I suppose there is no element of trust any more with Top because of how bad it's got, and there's no way of rescuing the situation with him at the helm...? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Now we need a board that can support Top in running a successful & sustainable club. 

I am not sure the 2 things can be done under the ridiculous shity big six rules.

You either complete and get shafted or comply and don't complete, thems the rules. It's bullshit.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I suppose there is no element of trust any more with Top because of how bad it's got, and there's no way of rescuing the situation with him at the helm...? 

The bigger question given the stupid rules.

Who comes in and:

A) writes of 200 million debt

B) sells the best players 

C) can't compete for decades due to the stupid rules, reality is a stint in League 1, due to points deductions when we don't go up this year. 

D) pays an amount to top to meet his valuation 

The rules really make considering football a poor business choice, you can't really make money or complete unless you go up and down each year.