Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Sack The Board - Is it time?

Sack The Board - Is It Time?   

388 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to sack the Board?

• Yes, they simply have to go
    • Only Rudkin and Wheelan
    • Only Top
    • No, but there needs to be accountability and public acknowledgement of massive cock up
    • No, it's not their fault
    • Everything's fine.

Whether every member of the 'board' needs to go or not, none of us know. But any institution that loses money in this way and manages finances in such a complacent fashion needs a root and branch restructure starting at the top. None of the statements made so far about the finances or the legal action seem to be anything other than deluded and unconvincing back-covering. If LCFC were a publicly owned company, the majority of board members would be out within minutes of the finances getting released. I can't quite fathom how KP, as the owners, can look at this situation and think, 'Good job.' 

• Like 1

As I've always argued, we don't know who did what, or made what decision. Ultimately it's KP's club, they or Top either hold their hands up and say x, y, z was my decision, I was wrong. Or, if the blame is on others, then there needs to be consequences. 

There is absolutely no point in saying sack x person, if the person above them is dictating how the club is run, or what gambles are taken. Becuase it will never change. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

As I've always argued, we don't know who did what, or made what decision. Ultimately it's KP's club, they or Top either hold their hands up and say x, y, z was my decision, I was wrong. Or, if the blame is on others, then there needs to be consequences. 

There is absolutely no point in saying sack x person, if the person above them is dictating how the club is run, or what gambles are taken. Becuase it will never change. 

To be fair. The easy option is to shout sack them. 

It probably would be much better if they all admitted they were wrong and put it right. 

It’s not necessarily going to make things better sacking people and hiring new, how do we know that they will get it right? 

What would be better is as I said, they put it right themselves, that then you would hope they’ve learnt their lessons and hopefully won’t make the same mistakes again. 

• Thanks 1

Sack The Board?.......Are they going to sack themselves?.........That's a big problem at the moment,no accountability.The real power broker (Vichais Wife) Needs to get involved,but i doubt she is interested,Top would lose face for getting mummy involved and he would probably be sent back to the monastery.

Edited by PAULCFC

Similar to when O’Neill left and Taylor came in. The manager was given a war chest compared to what o’Neill had down the years and spent it on crap. 

We were also sitting pretty in the top half of the league, in Europe and winning trophies, sound familiar? It took the ITV digital collapse and new stadium to take us to the brink of ruin. 

The difference here is that we have an owner who is loaded but surely that’s only going to last for so long. Just like back in the early 2000’s the board gambled and lost. Change needs to happen but Top needs be ruthless.

One thing for sure the board should seek  to have a lot more transparency in the club so that roles can be held more accountable at all levels of senior management levels at the board. They need to develop their forward looking process whereby risks are identified and modelled as part of the decision making processes. Performance and consequences, recruitment on and off field  regulatory landscape , recruitment, injuries etc should be included so that the board and decision makers have a wider and more complete understanding to make better decisions. Performance against those targets should be monitored to ensure results are delivered.  That  includes and starts with planning and strategy making short and longer term. I’m sure they have something like this but it isn’t happening effectively. 

Even if it was a few individuals who went rogue, sacking them and getting capable replacements in doesn't matter if Top is this incompetent/stupid/negligent.

Doesn't matter if we got Begiristain, Ashworth/Edwards or whoever because Top can't do anything useful. We got relegated and he had a statement written saying wah was wah poor me. He's a cretin.

He's had an elite education, worked at the club and saw firsthand what success looked like and since he's had the reigns we've regressed cataclysmically. He couldn't have wished for a better primer to this role and he's completely f ucked it. His incompetent culture also means nobody else falls on their sword because why would you? There is ZERO accountability at the club. 

The only people ever to get sacked at Leicester are the managers, even then they'll give them so much rope to hang themselves their feet touch the ground. They all need to f uck off. 

New owner, new board ASAP.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Saying that we don't know what our Director of Football or CEO do is another argument for getting rid of them, not for keeping them lol

• Like 1

Top is the owner of the business and Executive Chairman, he isn't going to remove himself - the only way he would do that is step away himself an appoint someone as Chairman, sack the rest of the board and reappoint - not something that's done lightly and wouldn't be until the summer in any case. Whelan's salary is the only salary we are aware of, c£300K - she will likely have a 12 month notice at least in her CofE - multiply that with other highly paid positions you are probably looking at between £1-2m of cost + legals, then to reappoint the same positions on higher salaries is likely.   

Not that the money should put him off, but it's a further consideration given our financial distress.  

8 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

One thing for sure the board should seek  to have a lot more transparency in the club so that roles can be held more accountable at all levels of senior management levels at the board. They need to develop their forward looking process whereby risks are identified and modelled as part of the decision making processes. Performance and consequences, recruitment on and off field  regulatory landscape , recruitment, injuries etc should be included so that the board and decision makers have a wider and more complete understanding to make better decisions. Performance against those targets should be monitored to ensure results are delivered.  That  includes and starts with planning and strategy making short and longer term. I’m sure they have something like this but it isn’t happening effectively. 

Well every business has this, but it relies on capable individuals to deliver it. 

Just now, Tommy G said:

Well every business has this, but it relies on capable individuals to deliver it. 

Absolutely but without a good framework and transparency they are not held to account. It just can’t be ignored if the governance is effective. It doesn’t take a genius to see it’s not been working. Getting capable people in is a given but it’s chicken and egg whether that is done first or the governance improvements that drive it forward including appointments. 

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Absolutely but without a good framework and transparency they are not held to account. It just can’t be ignored if the governance is effective. It doesn’t take a genius to see it’s not been working. Getting capable people in is a given but it’s chicken and egg whether that is done first or the governance improvements that drive it forward including appointments. 

Well the appointments are down to Top to be frank. Governence is set by the whole board, within their own departments so if the leader is inneffective then so becomes the whole business. 

It's not surprising the communication is so bad, if we had an idea what was going on they'd be under far more scrutiny.

They've probably thought about suing HMRC for making them file the accounts and the DWP for making them pay minimum wage.

• Haha 1

I really I'm not enjoying the argument that being allowed to spend what we want, when we want is the answer.

Let's imagine a scenario where all restrictions are off, ok Top is free to spend his millions, but so is everyone else.

What possibly makes anyone believe we'd suddenly be spending those millions better than every other club? It could be said after looking at the losses that Top had been spending whatever he wants regardless of any rules anyway, and still managed to relegate us.

We could be making losses of £200m+ per season and I'd still have zero confidence that the current directors would have us competitive. They're useless.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Saying that we don't know what our Director of Football or CEO do is another argument for getting rid of them, not for keeping them lol

That's not the point. If Whelen submits a plan to Top that keeps us within FFP, and he says "well don't worry about the money, we want to compete", the problem isn't Susan Whelan it's Top. If Top has handed the reigns entirely to Rudkin, and he doesn't need to sign anything off, then the problem is Rudkin, along with Top not overseeing his own company. 

Someone has signed off hundreds of millions of pounds of losses, that's highly unlikely to be John Rudkin, a man who isn't even on the board. And it's also unlikely to be Susan Whelan.  That's going to be Top and KP signing it off, or they've signed off a deeply flawed plan.  

So no, we don't know who does what, who says what, who protests or warns of issues etc. Only those in the club do, and that's why I said KP either need to hold their hands up, or hold people accountable. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Why do you care? I thought you said you were going?

Screenshot2024-04-03131246.thumb.jpg.b554a292e8753959da4288b63762683d.jpg

I did, I went to Northamptonshire in the afternoon...

Last sentence was clearly spot on though, as proven over the last 24 hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Yes the rules are frustrating and to a degree are anti competitive however it’s not PSR that made us change our business model, scout and recruit poorly and pay massively overly inflated wages to bang average players. 

The rules are crap but that does not gloss over how badly we have been managed on and off the pitch these last 2/3 seasons. It is shambolic and the only sustainable course of action is for Top to pull the trigger on Rudkin and Whelan with immediate effect and recruit people who can come

In and help rebuild the club. 

I really can’t see outside investment or being sold as viable solutions at this current stage and given the challenges we face over the coming years, anyone interested at this stage I would have serious reservations as to their intentions and whether they would see us as asset stripping opportunity. 

This is very key. I'm not here to argue about the rules because people seem to be attacking them despite being strangely quiet when Everton and Forest for their letters.

The point is that we didn't break our necks to stay within the limit and fell foul of PSR by a few quid. We didn't break even but the rules mean break even isn't good enough. They give you a ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE MILLION pound buffer to meet over three years. We didn't just crash through that, we backed up and ran over the limit again and again until we more than DOUBLED the allowed losses.

We obliterated the threshold. I feel like it's someone complaining about an impending fine for doing over the speed limit on the motorway. You didn't get caught doing 78, you've been caught doing 150 mate. 

Edited by Footballwipe

I wonder how much our white elephant in Seagrave would be worth to the right bidder? We still own Belvoir Drive for the academy, may as well cart the first team back there since all we're going to have left is kids after the inevitable fire sale.

23 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I went to the Nene wetlands, was closer to drowning myself than my sorrows.

That’s a euphemism for ‘going shopping at Rushden Lakes’. 

• Haha 2

Just now, OntarioFox said:

I wonder how much our white elephant in Seagrave would be worth to the right bidder? 

Maybe a golf club could be interested in picking up the land on the cheap?

• Haha 1