Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Sack The Board - Is it time?

Sack The Board - Is It Time?   

388 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to sack the Board?

• Yes, they simply have to go
    • Only Rudkin and Wheelan
    • Only Top
    • No, but there needs to be accountability and public acknowledgement of massive cock up
    • No, it's not their fault
    • Everything's fine.

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

I wonder how much our white elephant in Seagrave would be worth to the right bidder? We still own Belvoir Drive for the academy, may as well cart the first team back there since all we're going to have left is kids after the inevitable fire sale.

lol Can you imagine

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol Can you imagine

We can even take the Newcastle United approach to the facilities. Here's a quick shot of Danny Drinkwater, out of retirement on a pay-as-you-play contract, preparing for the 2025-26 League One season.

60482953-11031207-He_had_told_the_camera

If there’s no change at the top after this cluster then there never will be! Enzo will only stay at a club ambitious enough to go after the best in every position of the business (within reason).

a director of football that has a clear strategy to make the club work again. The Walsh scouting era has managed to sustain far beyond his time. The rest is dire history on the whole.

Time for change at the top! If not then we will disappear down the Reading tunnel a quick as you like!

I could just about live with the next few years if I thought that we had something in place to overcome it. But it's going to be the same people pointing fingers at everything and anything bar themselves, so how can I? They have to go. They are proven failures.

The funny thing is I remembered them saying in the summer of 2022 that we weren't spending much in fear of the stricter UEFA FFP regs, it was laughable at the time as we obviously weren't qualifying. 

Quite amazing to break the regs as spectacularly as we have and still go down. At least Forest have signed 40 players, prior to this season we signed about 7 players permanently in 4 years

I've said for yrs ffp only works to keep the big boys at the top.

Drop all the rules and replace them with one. If a rich owner wants to put money in let him. But to protect the clubs, it can only be a gift not a loan.

So if Top wants to spunk away a billion on LCFC it's his choice. But the club never owes him a penny of it back. But if he pulls out he has to sell the club, ground and training ground to the highest bidder.

• Like 2

The FFP rules are crap. Also, at what point in our history have we splashed the cash? We’ve finally got owners who are willing to invest. I remember the 5 years following administration the investment was non existent. 

If we start to comply with FFP then us as fans have to acccept investment on the level of Mike Ashley at Newcastle cos that is basically what the current rules allow. The same fans staying we didn’t sign enough players etc etc after every transfer window are the same saying sack the board for spending money on players 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I've said for yrs ffp only works to keep the big boys at the top.

Drop all the rules and replace them with one. If a rich owner wants to put money in let him. But to protect the clubs, it can only be a gift not a loan.

So if Top wants to spunk away a billion on LCFC it's his choice. But the club never owes him a penny of it back. But if he pulls out he has to sell the club, ground and training ground to the highest bidder.

The problem is how you deal with Salaries, rents and Debt. All assets and liabilities still have to be accounted for.  If KP decided tomorrow that they didn't want any of this anymore and wouldn't make repayments on that debt, how long would it be before the club goes out of business.

Its all well and good saying let them spend what they like, but the problem is when they decide to actually stop doing it.

Edited by Chelmofox

17 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

The FFP rules are crap. Also, at what point in our history have we splashed the cash? We’ve finally got owners who are willing to invest. I remember the 5 years following administration the investment was non existent. 

If we start to comply with FFP then us as fans have to acccept investment on the level of Mike Ashley at Newcastle cos that is basically what the current rules allow. The same fans staying we didn’t sign enough players etc etc after every transfer window are the same saying sack the board for spending money on players 

They may be BUT they're designed the stop clubs from going bust and losing over £1 million a week for 3 continuous years is a surefire way to ensure your club goes bust. Now the club have to address that whereas before they wouldn't have therefore preventing us from going the way of Leeds in the early 2000's or Portsmouth more recently, Rangers, or even Bury on a smaller scale.

23 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The problem is how you deal with Salaries, rents and Debt. All assets and liabilities still have to be accounted for.  If KP decided tomorrow that they didn't want any of this anymore and wouldn't make repayments on that debt, how long would it be before the club goes out of business.

Its all well and good saying let them spend what they like, but the problem is when they decide to actually stop doing it.

My point was they put the money in not loans taken out using the club as collateral.

Our senior leadership’s response to relegation was a tour of Thailand which included an exhibition on the success of Leicester under King Power

Idea they can turn this round is hilarious 

Anyone cluded up jumps ship from the King Power cult asap or gets pushed for threatening the over promoted academy coach

Look at the clued up football people that have left vs the ones that have survived 

Rodgers only lasted so long because he knew how to play Rudders and Top

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel like writing out a long, insulting rant at KingPower, the board, the man child, Rodgers and the latest Foxes Trust statement. After 18 months of it, I just don’t have the energy. 

They’ve ****ed us. And they haven’t even finished yet. 

10 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

We are not a going concern and without someone with Tops wealth we really are in the shite. Would anyone else be interested in taking on the financial mess we’re in is my concern. 

I suppose it comes down to a few things.

1) Do we think King Power will pull out and stop putting money in? 
They say they’re committed, so will keep us aloft. They’ve cleared debts previously. 

2) Do you actually trust what they say? 
This is up for interpretation and we will all have a different opinion on this. 

3) Would anyone buy us in our current state? 
If it was a normal business, then you’d run a mile. However it’s a football club and they tend to be a Billionaires play ground. Albeit the FFP rules are stifling that. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Part of me wonders if Top thinks he can just pay off the PL and EFL 

I think the answer is he’s looked at Manchester City and how the other acted for the Super League debacle and assumed he can. 

13 hours ago, sylofox said:

More to the point who could sack Top.

Nobody is sacking Top and nobody is sacking the board. I completely understand the frustration behind this thread, but the truth is it’s all just pie-in-the-sky fantasy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I suppose it comes down to a few things.

1) Do we think King Power will pull out and stop putting money in? 
They say they’re committed, so will keep us aloft. They’ve cleared debts previously. 

2) Do you actually trust what they say? 
This is up for interpretation and we will all have a different opinion on this. 

3) Would anyone buy us in our current state? 
If it was a normal business, then you’d run a mile. However it’s a football club and they tend to be a Billionaires play ground. Albeit the FFP rules are stifling that. 

My gut is Top is committed, will continue to fund our losses in the short to medium term and wouldn’t want any negative baggage attached to the KP brand / damaging his Dad’s legacy.

That said I am not convinced he has what it takes to remove people who have been loyal but, been found to be unfit to run an elite football club. This to me is the acid test as to whether he can turn us round.

I think our recent trophy success would make us attractive to potential buyers. Whether those buyers have deeper pockets than Top or where more savvy is less certain.

Edited by JimmyC74

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Part of me wonders if Top thinks he can just pay off the PL and EFL 

Its what they do back home right? The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion we might be the first actual successful case of sports washing in football.