Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jgtuk

Herbal Teas

Anyone drink herbal/fruit tea? When I had Norovirus a few weeks ago I couldn’t stomach any standard tea, the milk made me sick so my wife got some herbal and fruit teas (which I found disgusting)… After a few days I grew to like them and, apart from my one coffee every morning, I haven’t had a drink with milk since. 
I like to source from ethical companies so does anyone have any recommendations regarding flavours. I’ve only had a couple so far so want to find a favourite.

20 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Anyone drink herbal/fruit tea? When I had Norovirus a few weeks ago I couldn’t stomach any standard tea, the milk made me sick so my wife got some herbal and fruit teas (which I found disgusting)… After a few days I grew to like them and, apart from my one coffee every morning, I haven’t had a drink with milk since. 
I like to source from ethical companies so does anyone have any recommendations regarding flavours. I’ve only had a couple so far so want to find a favourite.

Tea Pig are pretty decent, flavour depends on the person really. I like their blackcurrant one their mint on but the wife doesnt. 

Best Teas Online - Buy Tea Online - Online Tea Shop – teapigs

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Tea Pig are pretty decent, flavour depends on the person really. I like their blackcurrant one their mint on but the wife doesnt. 

Best Teas Online - Buy Tea Online - Online Tea Shop – teapigs

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh, jasmine green tea twice a day, for over 12 years. Tend to take 100s of teabags from hotel breakfast on holiday, and fill the gaps with Twinings provided at work. Still never paid for a tea bag in my life

Unfortunately, both tea pigs ang twinings score really badly on the ethical front. 

I got introduced to flavoured green tea's and fell in love with a mint one and a lemon one during lockdown. I tried a few others such as lime and mango but they were bobbins. When my grandma recently passed away and my grandad was cleaning the house he gave me her box of standard green tea and I must say I am now a convert to that. Earl Gray is also a banger, but only if it's Twinnings. Their strong English Breakfast is the god of all tea, however. 

• Like 1

I make my own teas out of flowers and plants that you can find growing wild.  Love a good cup of tetley aswell of course. There is a plant called Bergamot also known as beebalm that makes a delicious tea that is also very good for those who have an un upset. stomach you simply dry it out  ( you can just do the petals but you can do the leaves too like I do) and  then just soak them in boiling water just like you would a tea bag and then strain it , add a bit of honey and you have a delicious tea that’s very good for you. You can also do the same with the head of a dandiion flower. Good for you and tasty!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Peppermint, Lemon & Ginger, Honey Rooibos are regulars for me. Bird & Blend are a good company based in Brighton that have lots of interesting stuff.

Highly rated from an ethical pov too 👍

Edited by jgtuk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bmt said:

Just out of interest what do you mean by ethical perspective?  

Big fan of Lemon and Ginger personally.

You might laugh at me, but I’m always concerned about pulling  too many of the plants / flowers  from  the same area as I’m concerned about the local bee population… it’s really underestimated the roll they play in the local habitat so I don’t know if it’s a touch of that.. maybe also it’s where it’s sourced from, chemicals used in production, things like that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Occasionally I'll have a fruit tea whilst I'm in the office and I always forget just how pissy the flavour is. 

Need about 3 bags just to get it to taste like something at which point you may as well have Vimto and boiling water. 

Earl Grey is a sensation, but it's hardly a herbal offering. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I make my own teas out of flowers and plants that you can find growing wild.  Love a good cup of tetley aswell of course. There is a plant called Bergamot also known as beebalm that makes a delicious tea that is also very good for those who have an un upset. stomach you simply dry it out  ( you can just do the petals but you can do the leaves too like I do) and  then just soak them in boiling water just like you would a tea bag and then strain it , add a bit of honey and you have a delicious tea that’s very good for you. You can also do the same with the head of a dandiion flower. Good for you and tasty!

This explains so much!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bmt said:

Just out of interest what do you mean by ethical perspective?  

Big fan of Lemon and Ginger personally.

Do they have any links with King Power.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Do they have any links with King Power.

I’m talking about the company not the tea and the ethics surrounding their relationship with the environment, their workers, use of pesticides, even their investments (arms, tobacco etc.). 
It’s my personal preference and I try be as conscientious as I can within reason. 
When I was ill, my neighbour bought me several packs of Twinings fruit selection and I thoroughly enjoyed them but I won’t buy them for the reasons above. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I’ve done this before but sadly too busy (lazy) recently. I might have a go now spring is here. My garden is vast and already has a fantastic variety of plants growing. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

You might laugh at me, but I’m always concerned about pulling  too many of the plants / flowers  from  the same area as I’m concerned about the local bee population… it’s really underestimated the roll they play in the local habitat so I don’t know if it’s a touch of that.. maybe also it’s where it’s sourced from, chemicals used in production, things like that?

You probably won’t make a difference as long as you’re not taking them on a commercial basis. I’ve spent years taking part in insect/bird/mammal surveys and positively encourage everything in my garden (even wasps) to feed or breed without any disturbance from anyone and definitely no chemical fertiliser or insecticides, in fact I’ve been out last week putting up bee houses and bird boxes ready for this season. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh, jasmine green tea twice a day, for over 12 years. Tend to take 100s of teabags from hotel breakfast on holiday, and fill the gaps with Twinings provided at work. Still never paid for a tea bag in my life

Tight arse 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Lemon and ginger is a solid flavour.

Always got a few different flavours depending on the mood, orange & peach is well balanced and you can't go wrong with citrus fruits.

Worth picking up vitamin boosting ones (like tetleys) as they're good for avoiding manflu.

• Like 1

I personally find them all quite insipid, or at least those I have tried, green, lemon, ginger, ginseng mint.

I get the potential health properties but, give me a brickies style brew of Yorkshire leaf, not bags.

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I personally find them all quite insipid, or at least those I have tried, green, lemon, ginger, ginseng mint.

I get the potential health properties but, give me a brickies style brew of Yorkshire leaf, not bags.

I felt the same before becoming sick. It’s amazing how quickly the palate can change as I’m thoroughly enjoying them now and haven’t had a normal brew since. 
I’m with you on the leaf though, haven’t had a tea bag cuppa for years. 

• Like 2