Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust – LCFC Accounts Statement

Easy for people to criticise so if you think you can do better why don’t you do something about it and become a member to move the trust forward.

I agree it’s not a powerful enough statement, but it is an improvement on the ‘we are where we are’ mentality from a year ago. Hopefully the new members can move it forward to what it needs to be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filthyfox said:

So...   no calling for Rudkin's head then?

Baring in mind its highly likely that's who they met (or one of his staff), do you think that's an appropriate way of handing the comms?

19 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I agree.
Does the existence of the trust make any difference to a club who seem so unapproachable on any subject and about as transparent as The Freemasons?

Even if mad Mick Lynch from the railway trade union joined and tried to bring changes or accountability from the club would he succeed in getting anywhere ? They have the power, and avoid answering every question and confrontation forever. Or for as long as possible, until they can’t any longer, then make excuses and deflect blame onto anyone and everything apart from themselves.

It’s clear the internal enquiry at the end of last season either never happened or concluded ‘There is nothing to see.’ Now, this financial mismanagement over years, with terrible recruitment and contract dealings is blamed totally on wanting to compete. Partly true yes, but far from the whole truth. 
What could force them to be accountable or to bring change?

Are they untouchable? 

It can if uses resources appropriately in my personal opinion 

• Like 1

I’m sorry but the Foxes Trust remind me of the kid who wants to hang around with their bully  because it’s cool to be seen with the cool kid, no matter what they do..

• Like 1

Our owners will only tell anyone what they want us to know. So unless 20k stay behind after a gamee for an hour chanting,

We want answers

We want sackings

They will never do anything. A few hundred in a fan group push to hard and they will dump them.

Maybe ufs should start using that chant in games until it grows.

15 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

Easy for people to criticise so if you think you can do better why don’t you do something about it and become a member to move the trust forward.

I agree it’s not a powerful enough statement, but it is an improvement on the ‘we are where we are’ mentality from a year ago. Hopefully the new members can move it forward to what it needs to be.

You can have an opinion on any entity without wishing to be part of it, especially if it's supposed to represent you. I'll never join the Tory party, but I have the right to have an opinion on the decisions that their members make when those decisions determine the country's next PM. And that's definitely not a party political statement! At some point in time it will apply to Labour too.

People can have all sorts of opinions about all sorts of organisations that they choose not to be a part of. As a Leicester fan, I don't think I'd be an appropriate member of the Trust, given my circumstances and the time I could devote to it. Many others could say that for all sorts of reasons. But the Trust claim to represent us, and I expect their language to reflect that.

There are many valid ways, beyond joining the Trust, in which a City fan can voice his or her concerns. Publishing your thoughts on social media is arguably one of them. What you say on matchday another. You can't take the view that those voices should be ignored by the Trust because they didn't sign up.

• Like 1

Surely you should be demanding answers to this fvck up and who’s being held accountable? If nobody is punished and we hear fvck all from the club then nothing will change and we won’t learn from our mistakes. Give them some shit.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Can't do that Saturday im afraid. Gotta beat the rush back home.

Singing it through the game would be a start. They need to know the fans are pi55ed off in huge numbers.

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It can if uses resources appropriately in my personal opinion 

Genuinely interested in examples of ways you think it could. I realise pressure groups of any kind can bring change at times.
As has been said elsewhere in this thread though, those who confront the club seem to be largely ignored, including UFS, who seem to be more aggressive in their approach, and I mean aggressive in a good way. 

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Genuinely interested in examples of ways you think it could. I realise pressure groups of any kind can bring change at times.
As has been said elsewhere in this thread though, those who confront the club seem to be largely ignored, including UFS, who seem to be more aggressive in their approach, and I mean aggressive in a good way. 

Pure numbers alone is the first issue. Need bigger numbers to give yourself the position. UFS will admit themselves they’ve haven’t been backed by other parts of the fanbase and that includes those are supportive of them when it comes to the crunch. 

Club can utilise that the fan groups look weak in numbers or they aren’t universally accepted by everyone. 

Strength in numbers first gives you the platform and then you take it from there 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

You can have an opinion on any entity without wishing to be part of it, especially if it's supposed to represent you. I'll never join the Tory party, but I have the right to have an opinion on the decisions that their members make when those decisions determine the country's next PM. And that's definitely not a party political statement! At some point in time it will apply to Labour too.

People can have all sorts of opinions about all sorts of organisations that they choose not to be a part of. As a Leicester fan, I don't think I'd be an appropriate member of the Trust, given my circumstances and the time I could devote to it. Many others could say that for all sorts of reasons. But the Trust claim to represent us, and I expect their language to reflect that.

There are many valid ways, beyond joining the Trust, in which a City fan can voice his or her concerns. Publishing your thoughts on social media is arguably one of them. What you say on matchday another. You can't take the view that those voices should be ignored by the Trust because they didn't sign up.

All of what you say is true, but surely you must realise you're miles more likely to have your opinion acted upon by an organised group if you're a member of said group yourself? If your circumstances don't allow you to throw yourself into being an active member then fair enough (mine don't at present, either) but organised strength in numbers is the only way we as fans can ever hope to effect the change we want. Every single person who signs up, no matter how much they can commit, adds to the FT's mandate of truly representing the fans' views.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Foxes_Trust what happens next? (That sounded quite abrupt, it wasn't meant to, it is sincere and genuine)

Will you be meeting or planning to meet with the club in the coming weeks?

I don't know the type of relationship or dialogue you have with the club but surely this needs following up and questions need answering.

Again, i'm not quite sure how these things work but perhaps off members of the board/the club a platform of sort to speak.

I know RL have offered platforms before and they were either rejected or ignored.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Our owners will only tell anyone what they want us to know. So unless 20k stay behind after a gamee for an hour chanting,

We want answers

We want sackings

They will never do anything. A few hundred in a fan group push to hard and they will dump them.

Maybe ufs should start using that chant in games until it grows.

Maybe best done if/when promotion is confirmed.I think the team needs our 100% support over the next few games as difficult as that may be.

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Well, this particular sealion has finished barking and clapping. As they say on a particular TV program, I'm OUT. Dont think I'll be seen at the KP again, unless of course the current owners FOAD and turn the club over to UFS to run. Now that would be a laugh!!

Yes turn it over to be run by  self absorbed, self effacing individuals.

Wow a like for like swap.  Before you lambast me.

I donate to Tifos and give to the food bank. I have also bought from UFS shop. But you won't find 30000 ultra type fans to fill the ground. So room for old has beens and friends days out types. Maybe even the odd person who wants to leave early.

• Haha 1

"Overarching all of this is the question: what does it mean for a sport if its financial, rather than sporting, rules increasingly influence sporting outcomes and seem to favour the biggest clubs and protect the status quo?  This issue needs to be addressed and the hope is that the Football Governance Bill is made law and will help."

I'm not sure this is relevant considering it appears we spent what we like, ignored the rules and still got relegated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

"Overarching all of this is the question: what does it mean for a sport if its financial, rather than sporting, rules increasingly influence sporting outcomes and seem to favour the biggest clubs and protect the status quo?  This issue needs to be addressed and the hope is that the Football Governance Bill is made law and will help."

I'm not sure this is relevant considering it appears we spent what we like, ignored the rules and still got relegated.

The relegation was down to Rodgers tantrum playing certain players as a  statement. The club had started to try to regain some sense of control by not caving in to more signings.

They also tried to offload players, whose contracts were coming to an end. the players ruled that out as nobody could match the over the top wages we had been splurging. Yes it was the clubs fault on all these issues.

But we had enough in the squad to stay up. Top didn't want to sack Rodgers because he was the man Vichai had identified to take us to a new elevated 

League position. As stated above he threw his dummy as far from the pram as possible.

Does anyone know what the league rules (both PL & EFL) say about Supporter consultation and engagement? The guy on BSLB pod was outstanding on this topic, and how clubs similar to us, are absolutely light years ahead of LCFC and yes, it does improve 'the bottom line.'

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I never said people should not have an opinion and that was not the intention, just highlighting that if people are not happy with something there is the option to try and change that if they are able.

• Like 1