Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust – LCFC Accounts Statement

11 minutes ago, Motty said:

The relegation was down to Rodgers tantrum playing certain players as a  statement. The club had started to try to regain some sense of control by not caving in to more signings.

They also tried to offload players, whose contracts were coming to an end. the players ruled that out as nobody could match the over the top wages we had been splurging. Yes it was the clubs fault on all these issues.

But we had enough in the squad to stay up. Top didn't want to sack Rodgers because he was the man Vichai had identified to take us to a new elevated 

League position. As stated above he threw his dummy as far from the pram as possible.

Agree with you, but really my point was the irrelevance of Foxes Trust bringing up the issue of competition being stifled when our accounts show these huge losses at a time when we've failed miserably. How much should we have lost to be competitive £150m? £200m £300m?

29 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Maybe best done if/when promotion is confirmed.I think the team needs our 100% support over the next few games as difficult as that may be.

Agreed unless we are being battered with five minutes to go. Or 4-0 up with five minutes to go.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

There are many valid ways, beyond joining the Trust, in which a City fan can voice his or her concerns. Publishing your thoughts on social media is arguably one of them. What you say on matchday another

Totally agree. I've only recently started putting my name on social media to criticism as, let's face it, this gaff is anonymous and as such, I think that dilutes the validity of comments. 

However, fwiw, I'll join the trust too. For a tenner it can't hurt. 

But, in the old days, things got done by crowds voicing displeasure en masse

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Our owners will only tell anyone what they want us to know. So unless 20k stay behind after a gamee for an hour chanting,

We want answers

We want sackings

They will never do anything. A few hundred in a fan group push to hard and they will dump them.

Maybe ufs should start using that chant in games until it grows.

As ever - if 30,000 people stayed at home the message would be delivered a damn sight quicker. Even if those who are too afraid to boycott the club just delayed entry for ten minutes. 

Action is required - not open letters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

As ever - if 30,000 people stayed at home the message would be delivered a damn sight quicker. Even if those who are too afraid to boycott the club just delayed entry for ten minutes. 

So your action is to stay at home and make a few posts on foxestalk? 
Just asking.

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

So your action is to stay at home and make a few posts on foxestalk? 
Just asking.

What are you doing to bring about change?

Fvck all, I suspect. 

26 minutes ago, Daggers said:

What are you doing to bring about change?

Fvck all, I suspect. 

whereas you sit behind your keyboard, from whence you have issued 48,600 posts, being rude to all and sundry with an unpleasant mix of superiority and arrogance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I think it’s both.

A real, actual, strong supporter organization, such as a reinforced Foxes Trust can be a powerful and effective tool. 

A massive “sit out” can also show the (king) powers that be, that we, the supporters of this club, are beyond angry. We demand change. 
The only concern I have with that approach at the current time is that we already bottled our guaranteed Championship points smashing, and may not even go up now. For the good of the club long term, it’s imperative that we go up this year. There is no alternative. And to that end, the squad on the field needs all the support it can get right now. If there comes a point this season where we clench one of the 2 top spots, by all means, a sit out, or multiple sit outs should be organized. I fear that we have far too many lackadaisical fans for this to truly work though. 

Edited by ConnFoxUS

1 minute ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I think it’s both.

A real, actual, strong supporter organization, such as a reinforced Foxes Trust can be a powerful and effective tool. 

A massive “sit out” can also show the (king) powers that be, that we, the supporters of this club, are beyond angry. We demand change. 
The only concern I have with that approach at the current time is that we already bottled our guaranteed Championship points smashing, and may not even go up now. For the good of the club long term, it’s imperative that we go up this year. There is no alternative. And to that end, the squad on the field needs all the support it can get right now. If there comes a point this season where we clench one of the 2 top spots, by all means, a sit out, or multiple sit outs should be organized. I fear that we have far too many lackadaisical fans for this to truly work though. 

I kinda agree. 

Just not the current Trust. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Totally agree with you, but if you look at who's actually in the stadium these days that is not going to happen. Everybody who cares enough about what's happening could do that and it wouldn't touch the sides of the volume required to make it an effective form of protest, unfortunately.

If boycotting is an individual, principled stand then that's absolutely fair enough and I don't blame anybody for doing it, but the brain-dead nature of much of our matchgoing fanbase means it's not currently a viable tactic to bring about change. Believe me, I wish it was - Blackpool stuck it out en masse and got what they wanted - but there's just no way that can work as an effective tactic to pressure LCFC right now.

The last people to try a boycott (of just five minutes) were UFS at Arsenal in 2016. Only 100-odd in an away end of 3,000 joined and those of us leafleting at the turnstiles took dog's abuse from the very people being fvcked over at short notice by Sky, claiming we were letting down the team by missing some of the game. Shame the detractors didn't bother practising what they preached given the atmosphere was dog muck in our end that day...

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Totally agree with you, but if you look at who's actually in the stadium these days that is not going to happen. Everybody who cares enough about what's happening could do that and it wouldn't touch the sides of the volume required to make it an effective form of protest, unfortunately.

If boycotting is an individual, principled stand then that's absolutely fair enough and I don't blame anybody for doing it, but the brain-dead nature of much of our matchgoing fanbase means it's not currently a viable tactic to bring about change. Believe me, I wish it was - Blackpool stuck it out en masse and got what they wanted - but there's just no way that can work as an effective tactic to pressure LCFC right now.

The last people to try a boycott (of just five minutes) were UFS at Arsenal in 2016. Only 100-odd in an away end of 3,000 joined and those of us leafleting at the turnstiles took dog's abuse from the very people being fvcked over at short notice by Sky, claiming we were letting down the team by missing some of the game. Shanlme the detractors didn't bother practising what they preached given the atmosphere was dog muck in our end that day...

That’s the most pleasant way I’ve been called a dumb cvnt for doing what I’m doing 😁

I totally take in board your well made points. You only need to check out some of the replies I’ve had over the last couple of days to see that people take me boycotting the club as a personal attack on them - it’s so feeble it’s laughable. 

• Like 2

Just now, Daggers said:

That’s the most pleasant way I’ve been called a dumb cvnt for doing what I’m doing 😁

I totally take in board your well made points. You only need to check out some of the replies I’ve had over the last couple of days to see that people take me boycotting the club as a personal attack on them - it’s so feeble it’s laughable. 

Not at all. Think many of us have contemplated it at some point, whether for our own satisfaction or a wider cause. I certainly get why people do it.

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not at all. Think many of us have contemplated it at some point, whether for our own satisfaction or a wider cause. I certainly get why people do it.

I was being self deprecating 😁 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt said:

@Foxes_Trust what happens next? (That sounded quite abrupt, it wasn't meant to, it is sincere and genuine)

Will you be meeting or planning to meet with the club in the coming weeks?

I don't know the type of relationship or dialogue you have with the club but surely this needs following up and questions need answering.

Again, i'm not quite sure how these things work but perhaps off members of the board/the club a platform of sort to speak.

I know RL have offered platforms before and they were either rejected or ignored.

The Trust board meets early next week to discuss a wide variety of topics, including planning meetings with the club

The Trust will then communicate with its members via an e-newsletter.

Not sure what you are referring to with your RL comment ?

I don’t know if boycotting the club now is actually the right step for us as a fan base. The reality is fan power isn’t what it used to be. 

The most concerning thing for me now is we are dealing with an egotistical spoilt brat. I know I’ll get a telling off for that but a year ago, any criticism of Top had a group jumping straight on you so it’s progress at least. An egoistical owner can bring further hardship/detriment to the club a sort of cut your nose, to spite your face approach. 

We know the board and the owner take little interest in the opinion of fans. Banners, emails etc. last season were ignored and some even got the head shake. 

Protesting is a must from now until change. We need to be writing to our local MPs (if you’re Leicester based), with an election year, they may give a damn. The more vocal we are the more spotlight comes on an owner who is desperate to be liked and come across as “decent” to the wider community. There is still a general feeling in the media that we aimed high and just got unlucky. That narrative needs to change. And with that pressure, through the right channels, it places Top and King Power under pressure to maintain and perhaps respond. If that means better board members, that is a huge win.

It’s not perfect but it’s the only option now as a “pressure group” that I think we as fans can use. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

@Foxes_Trust How can it be right that the Club won't share the breakdown of the PSR calculation with the Trust / supporters, when presumably if charges are followed up (points deductions, embargos, fines) after the Independent Commission process, the league / IC will themselves reveal it - we should not be the last to know!  And Ipswich Town has shown it is possible to do.

Because its subject of 2 legal cases

Ipswich don't face that issue, however if the club were not involved in a legal process, then we would encourage the club to publish like Ipswich

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

If you don't mind me asking, when you say you 'met with the club', what does that actually mean? Do you actually get to meet any of the board or do you meet a separate representative? Its great you have a dialog, but unless that representation is with someone remotely responsible or accountable you are just going to be fed 3rd hand information.

In terms of the review of the 22/23 Accounts meeting, the LCFC Finance Director and Communications Director were present

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Does anyone know what the league rules (both PL & EFL) say about Supporter consultation and engagement? The guy on BSLB pod was outstanding on this topic, and how clubs similar to us, are absolutely light years ahead of LCFC and yes, it does improve 'the bottom line.'

Have a read Supporter engagement - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I'll repeat what I've said previously. I have literally never heard Jon Rudkin speak, ever. I've never heard Whelan speak, ever. I've certainly never ever seen a single piece of engagement between the Board and the fans, ever. The board give zero shits about any of us. 

As for the foxes trust, we'll they simply aren't doing a very good job of representing me. 

Leicester City and KP love silence. Always have, always will. 

This is why I see no point in joining. 

The trust could have a 30,000 members.

As long as the stadium is full, merchandise if being purchased and we don’t have an in stadium atmosphere similar to East End Derby, then nothing will chance.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

This is why I see no point in joining. 

The trust could have a 30,000 members.

As long as the stadium is full, merchandise if being purchased and we don’t have an in stadium atmosphere similar to East End Derby, then nothing will chance.  

This is where you can influence being represented, though. 

I don't feel represented by them. Hence why I joined because I, like several others recently, want to be represented and want to bring about change for the better. 

As the official supporters platform between fans and club, the Trust need to represent more than just it's original and current (up to recently) few hundred members. The more new blood it gets in the more likely you will feel represented. I don't think they can rely on things like full stadiums or merch any more. Fans have been fvcked over for too long (not only by the club sometimes but other orgs like TV companies) and now it's time to have our voices heard again. 

It's worked for other clubs and we need to make it work for us now. It's our time! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

The Trust board meets early next week to discuss a wide variety of topics, including planning meetings with the club

The Trust will then communicate with its members via an e-newsletter.

Not sure what you are referring to with your RL comment ?

Sorry, Radio Leicester. I believe they have offered the club to speak on a few occasions but either decline or ignored.

5 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Because its subject of 2 legal cases

Ipswich don't face that issue, however if the club were not involved in a legal process, then we would encourage the club to publish like Ipswich

@Foxes_Trust thanks for your response. When you say would encourage, can you formally request they adopt this once the cases are resolved.

As you have commented transparency / better communication with the fans is an area the Club *must* get better at.