Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Go on, admit you were wrong

29 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Nope.

There's quite a few people on here that will only be happy when we're back playing true Leicester-ball under a Levein or Kelly and stuck in mid-table and you can pick your seat in a crowd of 19k against Preston.

The rest of the moaners? Won't be happy with anyone. Ranieri "had to go" Puel "bores me to death" Rodgers "is a fraud" and Enzo is a "stubborn" "Poundshop Pep" who "holds us back".

Managers need time, especially younger ones. We're starting to sound like the moaning cvnts who want Moyes out at West Ham.

This season could have been far far worse so, genuinely, fvck off with the constant moaning.

Genuinely why come on FT and post that because you dont agree with some peoples comments.

32 minutes ago, MPH said:

I do feel like he was led to believe there was more money available and he'd be able to get more players in.

I think if he got the backing Rodgers got in the transfer market and we still  got turgid football, that's when i'd criticize him...

I feel exactly the same. Given that he's had very little preseason with the players and very few of his own  signings I think he's done an unbelievable job to have us at the top of the league.

It takes time to build good teams with Financial support also.

I hope he's here for a long time because I know he can deliver success.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

No they didn't. Burnley didn't have Leeds, Ipswich or Saints anywhere near them. And had we not got Leeds and the phenomenon that is Ipswich right now, we'd be well clear of most other clubs. Everyone says it, this will be the first season where potentially 3 clubs have +100pts and that's a massive factor in opinions. It used to be tight with play off clubs being all on 75 or 76pts but the top 3 are hitting new levels. To say they're a decent football team is wrong too. You can't look at their form this season and believe that.

The Championship IS turgid. Everyone from about 5th down. Even Leeds aren't THAT great. But that's the best/worst thing about it. Teams drag you down to their level. Look at Boro's last 6 games Vs Rotherham, 1 win. Yet people would have Carrick here in a heartbeat.

I think we are saying the same thing?

Burnley did walk the league last season, I think they were 20 odd points clear of 3rd place.

I do not believe Burnley are a decent football team, I think they are useless but put the 'at best' disclaimer in my first comment to be political with those people who still think the champo is full of big strong teams and difficult away games at intimidating venues. Which makes my point that this is a terrible quality league even more pertinent if they got 100+ points in it last season.

Leeds, Ipswich and Soton are half rate football teams and will/would get spanked about in the PL. I do not believe anyone is dragging us down to the physically weak and technically unable level of this division, we are doing that to ourselves, which is why I am annoyed. 

A lot of potentials in your scenario above. Also the final league table may look closer than it is because the dominant team is chilling at the end of the season, ref Norwich and Fulham in 2021 and 2022 respectively.

I think the poster above who said it was not the style but the tempo is on to something maybe.

Also, another poster, who pointed out he's an inexperienced coach. Seems similar situation to Arteta. Not that sticking with Enzo will necessarily be proved correct but it'd be crazy to sack him whatever happens in the run in IMO.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Nothing wrong with the style, its the tempo which is the issue. 

+ not using subs effectively

+ not using more of the squad

+ not being more pragmatic to come up with different plans during the games when Plan A isn't working

+ not adapting to teams finding us out in the 2nd half of the season

• Like 2

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

+ not being more pragmatic to come up with different plans during the games when Plan A isn't working

+Top of the league…

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We are top of the league yes. 

And...?

Are you saying we could be promoted because we used the most subs? Or because we collected the most points in the second half of the season?

Football really is a funny old game.  

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

+Top of the league…

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We are top of the league yes. 

And...?

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Got a load of people in here calling a manager who currently has up top of the league with a 70% winning ratio. I’m a bit baffled tbh. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are you saying we could be promoted because we used the most subs? Or because we collected the most points in the second half of the season?

Football really is a funny old game.  

My point is the discussion point was 'Enzo's limitations' and so, yes we're top of the league and long may that continue, but it's not much of a retort to the idea that he has failings X,Y and Z is it? 

Obviously if we win the title/go up, then it'll be job done, but it's still possible to say he has A, B and C weaknesses. Both things can be true. 

Not really sure what point @Dahnsouff is making. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

That's revisionism in the extreme. Rodgers we had a team playing football for the opening 20 games one season that was off the charts. That Palace away game. Villa away. The total domination of Man U in the quarter final. I won't list them all. Even Man City away in the Komkany game. Rodgers had a golden period for us that horribly fell away. 

Puel was also capable of excellent performances. Particularly against the big teams. And for all his faults, we were never ever in relegation trouble. 

Enzo isn't near either of them,.in terms of CV nor performance. 

I'll be totally honest with hindsight Puel actually went up in my estimation with the work he did off the field, despite what we saw on the field being awful.

Bit different with Rodgers, perhaps because its more recent and still sore, maybe in time i'll mellow with my opinions but I struggle to give him any credit, none whatsoever, yes we had successive years of European qualification and an FA Cup but hand on heart, I didn't enjoy any of it, not how we played.

We had 2 good half seasons under Rodgers, that's as much credit as I can give him but I didn't enjoy the football, it stunk the place out and then got even worse! Whether that makes me sound spoilt, entitled, I'm not really bothered, I could not stand the football, I would be lying if I said otherwise, I can only be honest.

This style is something the club clearly wants for some unbeknown reason and if my interest in football is to continue I've come to realise I need to make compromises somewhere, out of Puel, Rodgers and Enzo, Enzo's football has been the most enjoyable imo - I'll caveat it by saying Enzo's football is far from enthralling and the bar isn't set very high because I couldn't really say that at any point throughout Puel or Rodgers' tenures.

I think it's a case of there is a reason for playing the way we have on a whole this season, what I will say is there will be no reason whatsoever for us to play this way next season should we go up, that's where Enzo will need to change as he does at this point in the season, unfortunately he won't.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Genuinely why come on FT and post that because you dont agree with some peoples comments.

While I don't necessarily agree with Vazman, if he endured Plymouth away like I did in that era you can see his point! Oh it was bad. GK ooffed it forward. The striker/defender went up for it. It ended up in midfield. If we won the ball we'd pass it sideways then back and then back to the Goalkeeper. The GK ooffed it forward. The striker/defender went up for it. It ended up in midfield. If we won the ball we'd pass it sideways then back and then back to the Goalkeeper. Repeat Repeat Repeat. Until they scored. 

I think we all just want a plan B when we go into 20mins to go either drawing or recently losing. 

For me we saw a Plan B (took Winks off and put two up top) at Millwall but it was to late. It needed at least ten minutes. We might have lost by a bigger margin but hey you roll the dice.

I also don't see Vardy as a starter. He is a finisher in every sense now. 

Daka has his merits but he is in horrendous form at the moment. Not sure what Ihanacho has done but he seems to have slipped in the pecking order. 

I'd like to see Cannon start tonight. If not Ihanacho. 

Style wise- we've come this far this season. It's not changing this side of the summer. But like most on this thread I think we will need to make changes to it to be Prem ready if we are fortunate enough to fall over the line. 

And dare I say it... It's the striker position that Enzo's system demands something different to what we have got. I think we will need to swap out Daka and Ihanacho for one quality Enzo style striker. Perhaps more reason to see Vardy as a finisher. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'll be totally honest with hindsight Puel actually went up in my estimation with the work he did off the field, despite what we saw on the field being awful.

Bit different with Rodgers, perhaps because its more recent and still sore, maybe in time i'll mellow with my opinions but I struggle to give him any credit, none whatsoever, yes we had successive years of European qualification and an FA Cup but hand on heart, I didn't enjoy any of it, not how we played.

We had 2 good half seasons under Rodgers, that's as much credit as I can give him but I didn't enjoy the football, it stunk the place out and then got even worse! Whether that makes me sound spoilt, entitled, I'm not really bothered, I could not stand the football, I would be lying if I said otherwise, I can only be honest.

This style is something the club clearly wants for some unbeknown reason and if my interest in football is to continue I've come to realise I need to make compromises somewhere, out of Puel, Rodgers and Enzo, Enzo's football has been the most enjoyable imo - I'll caveat it by saying Enzo's football is far from enthralling and the bar isn't set very high because I couldn't really say that at any point throughout Puel or Rodgers' tenures.

I think it's a case of there is a reason for playing the way we have on a whole this season, what I will say is there will be no reason whatsoever for us to play this way next season should we go up, that's where Enzo will need to change as he does at this point in the season, unfortunately he won't.

I'm pretty similar to you with regards to the overall post.

Now, Puel and Enzo.

Puel good with giving the youth opportunities.which I liked.

Enzo has steaded to ship and got some great results at the beginning. 👏👏

But both with regards to the style i hate.  Regardless of how affective it initially was or wasn't, It bores me. It lacks tempo, it's one dimensional and it looks like we are 'playing by numbers'

Now.... "He who shalt not be named" on the other hand, it goes way, way deeper.

It's a strong word but, I absolutely Fvcking HATE him more then any other manager . Ever

Peter Taylor, Alex Ferguson (for the Man U preferential treatment they got) are nothing compared to my distain for the odious,  clapping, notebook writing, narcissistic,  backstabbing, fraud of a leprechaun..   (and I'm being nice here)

His off the field antics of how he treated and disrespected the Fans, Players and the club as a whole, mark him out as, well a truly horrible human being, and if I was associated with him in anyway i'd be ashamed to admit it.

He must make his mother so proud..

Oh and his football was boring too.

Total C U Next Tuesday.

I reckon Enzo will be a decent manager some day but he lacks experience and the wisdom that comes with it. Also I find it apparent from his interviews that he's not really that bothered about the club and just sees us as a stepping stone for him. 

Football is reminiscent of Puel. 

5 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Got a load of people in here calling a manager who currently has up top of the league with a 70% winning ratio. I’m a bit baffled tbh. 

Because at the moment we are only going 1 way. Rodgers didn't have us in the relegation zone at 1 point, but people had the foresight to point out that he should go.

Enzo isn't turning this around, he's shown nothing to suggest he can.