Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Go on, admit you were wrong

Always like to give a few games before I judge a manager or player. After a few games it was obviously Rodgers ball played by better players in a lower league.

But as we was winning it didn't matter. I did hope he unlike Rodgers would have something up his sleave for when it stopped working. Sadly he's no different to Rodgers other than he don't throw everyone else under the bus.

Seems like a great guy but I won't be sad when he's gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

I think most people saw this coming a mile off. 

Well people tend to post when its a negative rather than a positive, so it may well seem this way!

• Like 1

I was a fan boy, less of a fan boy now though. Still think he has time to sort it out, but I’m not holding my breath.

For some reason I can’t help but draw comparisons to Peter Taylor - which may sound ridiculous (and probably is). But we had an unbelievable start with both, but then a sharp decline. Taylor was clearly out of his depth, and I hope Enzo drags us over the line - but if he doesn’t you could argue he’s out of his depth given our lead a few months ago.

I liked the style of football, almost had a diet Man City vibe about it.

Now it's obvious he has no plan B, is stubborn & has somehow blown a massive, near promotion certainties lead, the jury is most definitely out. 

If we do somehow mess this up, l do fear for the future.

Edited by STEVIE B

I still think he's decent but agree on the point about having a back up plan. Yesterday was truly atrocious and we had no variation at all except a few longer balls that were easily dealt with.

I think one of the key problems is your players need to be near perfect to pull off this chess-like strategy. We give away a goal every game and misplaced passes mean we don't slowly build up pressure with increasing overloads in midfield that gradually break a team down. 

Still don't think when it works that it's boring, but that's a different argument.

Weirdly I do think his style would work better in the prem where teams won't just defend against us and try and nick a goal.

I don't agree at all that it's Rodgers-ball but do think we are seeing significant weaknesses to this different style.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Otis said:

Hated this style of play from day one.

I too wonder if those who called others too thick to appreciate Enzoball still feel the same way.

The style of play IS boring and tedious, but if it gets results, then great!  (???).

However, it became evident very quickly that there was no plan B. I posted on here a couple of times that a fall-back plan was needed - and, NO, I was not saying hoof the ball up to a giant centre-forward - I was simply saying vary it a bit, and play to the players strengths.

Good God! I was called a dinosaur, I knew nothing about football, constant references to 'jumpers for goalposts' and on and on and on.

I was only suggesting that we didn't stick rigidly to something that wasnt working - but I sure wished I hadnt bothered!

• Like 3

there are many ways around a circle

enzo delivered one which was working amazingly well  - better than anyone thought possible. that's not to say it was the most pleasing on the eye for many. but it delivered wins, week after week.   the trick for a coach is to adapt to a changing situation. rotate some players to keep them fresh. 

enzo has failed miserably on those two factors.  if we stumble across the line and manage to recruit cleverly (no not him) then perhaps he can evolve other ways of playing with more squad options available to him that he trusts.