Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Plymouth post match

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn’t be any worse than some of the crap playing in it currently

I think they both need match sharpness, however no doubt they’ll both feature next season, as we aren’t exactly buying anyone! 

32 minutes ago, Sly said:

This man is an embarrassment.

Why do any managers use people like him? Apparently he kept doing this for a manager at Wolves as well and they all got sick of him doing it. 

Does he think we will see that bloke who gives us his knowledge on Spanish football on Sky Sports News backing his mate and we'll all go oh okay Gulliem!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

"a manager looking for solutions" come on now Guillem, that's insulting to every Leicester fan who can clearly see otherwise.

If we saw any tactical flexibility during any of these defeats, there'd be an element of leniency towards him. The players are tired and over coached to play 1 way, you can see the lack of anything spontaneous happening. Everything we do has been rehearsed on the training pitch 100 times over. The players are bored, we're bored.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

This sums it up, again we have a manager who is failing to deliver and he uses his media buddies to deflect blame on to the fans. I appreciate the influence support/discontent from the stands can have, but we’re ignoring some pretty big issues if we’re going straight to “your energy is required” and not what’s going on on the pitch and in the technical area.

• Like 1

I’m the most optimistic fox going but after last night enough is enough. Fair play to the poor sods who traveled all the way down there and didn’t get back until the early hours to watch that shite. At the moment it’s like Groundhog Day you can change the manager but the bad feeling hangs around this club like a bad smell. How that stubborn moron not see we need to make subs earlier how can he stick with Daka again who let’s be fair couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. Please top get him gone and get someone in who uses the team that can play to our strengths.

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Okay, reflection a few hours later after losing to a couple of terrible teams within a week. 

Plymouth and Millwall were both dreadful. I can’t think of two other teams that have been so bad all season. The fact we’ve lost to both of these is embarrassing.

However both have scored from similar passages of play, as the inverted full back leaves so much space at right back, then Faes isolated one on one. 

Ndidi looks finished and him leaving this summer will be a bonus at this point. He’s not a 10 and doesn’t have the legs to get around the pitch. He’s a shadow of himself from three years ago. 

Daka has gone from being a clinical forward at Salzburg to whatever we’re witnessing. It’s ironic that non of our forwards have exactly thrived in this system. We may as well have kept Hirst. Why we’ve signed Cannon I’ll never know. We are missing chances but we need to change and offer additional support.

The lack of overlapping fullbacks as an option is causing us major issues. The doubling up and zonal closing the space down when Fatawu and Mavididi have the ball has nullified our attacks. As good as Fatawu is defensively, my generated and scored more with McAteer in the team in the earlier parts of the season. 

Hermansen was getting some stick during the game, not called for as he can’t really be blamed for either of the goals we’ve conceded this week. 

I’ve been annoyed by Enzos game management since maybe the Coventry collapse. We haven’t been right since and I’ve typically voted leave since then in the player ratings. We are one dimensional, have no plan B, no in game management, like for subs is pointless. 

This is not how we all really wanted to end Vardy and Albrighton last season with us. 

I really don't like this inverted full back system.

It's not an awful system, and has put us top, at least until Leeds kick off, but is so one dimensional and rigid. Possession without penetration and too slow in the build up, so that the opponent gets time to organise their lines.

We are also absolute dog poo at attacking set pieces and corners. When was the last time we scored one? Was it one that Maddison did? It certainly feels like it.

There will be a mass exodus in the summer with another year in the Championship. It will be sad to see players like Vardy, Albrighton and Ndidi go this way. We will need to play the kids as we aren't going to have anyone else.

It's going to be a long road back.

2 hours ago, OzFox said:

The kick-off just about sums up our tactics this season. Straight back to Ricardo and Winks, no more than two yards away from each other, who exchange four passes (what's the point?) then one of them flicks it back to Vestergaard whose first touch is poor and almost gets himself in trouble.

As a Green that kick off was astonishing.  

It looked like the two players decided to take the mick out of us rather than get playing.  

4 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

As a Green that kick off was astonishing.  

It looked like the two players decided to take the mick out of us rather than get playing.  

Great win for you guys though, safety looking more possible. The Leicester players looked happy to help. But fair play  to Plymouth that is a big win