Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup replays will be scrapped from the first round onwards in the 2024-25 competition.

It isn't about easing fixture congestion, it is about playing more lucrative games. A Champions League match is more appealing than League One side at home on a January midweek.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It just occurred to me that PL have somehow fought for this ruling to occur in the first two rounds. Rounds they're not even involved in lol lol

So…….pitchforks down?

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It just occurred to me that PL have somehow fought for this ruling to occur in the first two rounds. Rounds they're not even involved in lol lol

Makes me think it’s actually an excuse by the FA to say the Premier league asked for this ?!

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Once again 20 clubs have decided what's best for the EFL, national league and non-league.

Pathetic.

If they want rid of replays do it from round 5 when majority of the smaller clubs are out.

Which they have been doing .

1 hour ago, foxgas said:

A replay at a big club can keep a lower league team afloat. It will lead to smaller clubs reversing the fixture if drawn at home to a big club destroying the magic of the cup.

The big clubs should simply give the lower league club money. Every year. Regardless of this competition fans and teams clearly don’t care about. Why are we relying on maybe a big team drawing a small team then maybe getting a draw then getting to play them again maybe. It’s ludicrous logic.

There’s enough money in the game, spread it out. 
We can posture all we want about how much we care about the cup but we don’t. We were 4k off a full house for brum and that was with 5.5k away fans! And with general sale which apparently blocks untold hordes of city fans attending games 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's a shame the parasites didn't get their super league. We'd be better off without a handful of clubs destroying the sport with their unfettered greed. For this 'deal' to be reached without any consultation with 97% of clubs who take part in it, is as arrogant as it is appalling.

A good example of their barefaced greed: a Spurs fan I work with was telling me that their club is trying to phase out concession prices for over 65s, because the 'tourist fan' market is much more lucrative. They're quite happy to **** off lifelong fans (like his my mate's Dad, who has been going for over 50 years) for plastic fans with their little cameras. 

This is why I've started watching more of sports like cricket and rugby league, there's an honesty and an authenticity to them that football has almost completely lost.

Yep that will happen at a lot of the 'bigger' clubs.

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's a shame the parasites didn't get their super league. We'd be better off without a handful of clubs destroying the sport with their unfettered greed. For this 'deal' to be reached without any consultation with 97% of clubs who take part in it, is as arrogant as it is appalling.

A good example of their barefaced greed: a Spurs fan I work with was telling me that their club is trying to phase out concession prices for over 65s, because the 'tourist fan' market is much more lucrative. They're quite happy to **** off lifelong fans (like my mate's Dad, who has been going for over 50 years) for plastic fans with their little cameras. 

This is why I've started watching more of sports like cricket and rugby league, there's an honesty and an authenticity to them that football has almost completely lost.

I love cricket but honesty and authenticity?!? The Indians and English rule the game like the big 6 do in football. Players play for multiple teams a year based on who pays the most. Players give up tests to play in franchise t20 leagues. Cricket is football on steroids 

• Like 1

Just as the EPL do everything in their power to prevent a repeat of the disastrous triumph by little Leicester city ever happening again, so the poxy FA  have sold the legendary FA cup to them, this will cut off life giving replays to lower league teams who battle for a draw against the so called giants.

Lets not give the minnows a chance eh boys

This is another nail in the coffin of not just the FA cup but football as a competition generally.

Really pissed off with the games money men now, tbh it's gone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

A good example of their barefaced greed: a Spurs fan I work with was telling me that their club is trying to phase out concession prices for over 65s, because the 'tourist fan' market is much more lucrative. They're quite happy to **** off lifelong fans (like my mate's Dad, who has been going for over 50 years) for plastic fans with their little cameras. 

Domestic football will die instantly if Superleague happens. All these parasites will be able to field good 2nd teams in the domestic leagues dominating again. All future talents will be interested joining only the parasites, hundreds of teams will face bankruptcy, it's not simple. Maybe fans in England and Germany can change that but I wouldn't count on that. People have proved they're unable to form any kind of alliance by electing and accepting corruption and crooks in politics etc all the time.