Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

I’ll pay it through gritted teeth and am pissed off about it - but I am not moving to NFC as it just doesn’t suit my attendance habits. If they ever roll it out for everyone it will be a sad day as I’ll have to give up my ST. I imagine many would do the same. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 4

Yeah i'll pay to keep it. 

The amount of people you see throwing money down on £60 shirts and un-necessary stuff on a match day is mad. 

It's the price of a less than 4 pints in the ground. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Unnecessary and pointless greed by the club. 

Not sure it's greed. It's about control. 

As others have said, whatever this crackpot administration wants, the opposite is probably right. I'll pay. And as the poster says above, it's us who's the mug punter. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

£25 for cards.......just shows how much of a disconnect there is between the club and the fan base now.

club just makes a rod for their own backs when the say things like "eco friendly" etc yet, doesnt get local pies in the ground(pukka ones) and still prints 1000s of clappers per game too

its so arse about face

Also how can it be Eco-friendly if they're not letting people already keep their bit of plastic by making it obsolete. Surely it'd be more eco-friendly to let fans keep their current cards and not charge anything (or make it minimal at the very worst)? 

Hypocritical of them to use that slant and try and get away with it. 

• Like 4

As an OAP I’m fortunate to be exempt so will keep my card even though I’m quite capable of using a smart phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Also how can it be Eco-friendly if they're not letting people already keep their bit of plastic by making it obsolete. Surely it'd be more eco-friendly to let fans keep their current cards and not charge anything (or make it minimal at the very worst)? 

Hypocritical of them to use that slant and try and get away with it. 

true that, just give people the option, frankly i dont trust the club with NFC and all that. 

i can understand why people use NFC tickets i use them on the train etc but i trust them more than the ones at our groundlol

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

As others have said, whatever this crackpot administration wants, the opposite is probably right. I'll pay. And as the poster says above, it's us who's the mug punter. 

I’m sure that’s an element of their aim but even charging £25 doesn’t ensure they get everyone under their control

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

If you're right - and I can see you might well be - that's even worse.

I guess I can count myself lucky it won't ever affect me.

Admittedly the £25 doesn't go far for the club, so it is all about controlling the passing of ST cards to others. Say 10,000 ST holders take up that offer, that's an extra £250,000 for the club. 

It'll be the food prices getting hiked up next, as well as all other match day expenses which people will somehow happily pay. 

If you buy some food and a pint at the ground every game you'll probably pay the same price as the cheapest ST over the course of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1